Let's be realistic

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Eltel

Let's be realistic

I was as disappointed as anyone yesterday in the team's performance but let's face it we would struggle in League 2. We have to face the fact that with our level of support finances would not support better players.
BeesKnees99

Re: Let's be realistic

Let’s just not bother next season then.

Ridiculous post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ninestein

I often speak to people asking "do you think you'd survive in L2?"
My answer is don't worry about what might happen next season. Live the current one.
We've won the title twice in the last 19 years and still not set L2 alight. There are various reasons for that which are worthy of their own thread. My point is, football is fickle. Boreham Wood are a prime example. Playoff semi-finalists last year, and a minute from the final. I bet they weren't worrying about what L2 looked like had they prevailed. Fast forward 12 months and they are relegated.

I get the sentiment that in an ideal world we want all the stars to align first before promotion to give us the best chance, but the reality is we need to take the opportunity as soon as it presents itself. Yesterday was a big opportunity and we fluffed our lines. But i still believe we are in for another good season next time.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

So you think Solihull Moors have the finances? Did you see how few supporters they have? Have you ever been to their ground ?

Agree ridiculous post.
Berlinbee

I would take us struggling back in L2 in our comeback year for FA Cup first round proper, EFL cup, higher attendances, slightly better football and no artificial pitches.

I don’t know what it’ll take to get out of this league. It’s a completely different beast than the one we won in 2015
#Beebot

You have to be quite bad to get relegated from L2.
Eltel

I agree that Solihull also will struggle if they get there as will Bromley or Altrincham due their low support and lack of finance. I think we have had a very good season but fell at the last hurdle.
Mem Beespod

I disagree we’d struggle. Our style of football is suited to league football. Where we come unstuck is one off big matches
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Norfolk & Chance

This may not be a popular comment, it may also be completely wrong, but.....
Do we stand a better chance of getting agreement from LBB re South Underhill, as a national league club?
I think we do.

That's entirely separate from me wanting us to win yesterday, see us at wembley and be in L2 next season.

Every cloud, and all that.
Jdk103

Norfolk & Chance wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 15:45 This may not be a popular comment, it may also be completely wrong, but.....
Do we stand a better chance of getting agreement from LBB re South Underhill, as a national league club?
I think we do.

That's entirely separate from me wanting us to win yesterday, see us at wembley and be in L2 next season.

How so? Genuinely curious
Mem Beespod

Jdk103 wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 15:48
Norfolk & Chance wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 15:45 This may not be a popular comment, it may also be completely wrong, but.....
I think we do.

Perception that crowds would be smaller?
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Norfolk & Chance

I think we do.

A football league club is, by definition, bigger.
Bigger home crowds, theoretically.
Bigger away crowds, a certainty.
If, and it's a big if, we achieved back to back promotions like a number of other national League winners, the increase in away support would be very significant.
I think this would provide a lot more ammo for the 'NO' camp.
As a national league club, I think that
Sam_BFC

Not sure about that.

Could argue that a Football League club brings more prestige to the area.

Could make arguments assuming attendances based on 6,000-8,000 capacity.

Could repeat the same misleading arguments that the stadium would be used for rock concerts regardless of what league we are in.
Jdk103

Norfolk & Chance wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 15:55
I think we do.

If, and it's a big if, we achieved back to back promotions like a number of other national League winners, the increase in away support would be very significant.
Ah makes sense fair enough. Thank you for explaining!
Norfolk & Chance

Norfolk & Chance wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 15:55
I think we do.

Continued....

much of that argument could be blunted.

Put it this way, if we were a Championship side right now, I would be far less hopeful of agreement from LBB.