Barnet retained list

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Barnet retained list

Sam_BFC wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 13:18 Walker likely under contract having committed his future last year.

https://www.barnetfc.com/laurie-walker- ... h-the-club
Doubt he’ll be here next season.
Tuesds

Don’t know what his contract situation is but Collinge won’t fetch a huge fee - 26 year-old centre halves in the National League don’t tend to - however he would leave a big, very difficult hole to fill in the team. Sadly if there is football league interest I’d expect him to want to move on, because he’s good enough and he may not feel time is on his side.
WhetstoneBee

There’s a danger of overreacting here. The likes of Gorman and Pritchard were among the most consistent performers in a team that finished second in the league - I really don’t understand why anyone would want them to go. The aim should be to be to strengthen and supplement rather than completely clear out the spine of the team, which risks setting us back.
DSM

I would definitely keep both and can’t see a scenario where Pritchard leaves but not 100% DB is convinced by Gorman just judging by his post match interview and that he gets subbed so often, we shall see…..
ETBee

I'm surprised so many say to release Coker. He's the only player that can put in a decent cross.
BeeArmy22

ETBee wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 14:07 I'm surprised so many say to release Coker. He's the only player that can put in a decent cross.
If we play a back 3 again next season it’ll be criminal if he stays. In a back 4 as a backup who plays the odd game here or there I’d be just about ok with him staying, but he’s 34 now. He’s only going to decline athletically and he’s definitely not good enough to be playing consistently.
Jdk103

ETBee wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 14:07 I'm surprised so many say to release Coker. He's the only player that can put in a decent cross.
For me, it’s more that he’s probably only got a one year deal and I can’t see much reason for it to be extended. Do think he’s been good for us though
pletch99

Coker has been OK. His delivery is ok and he is reasonably solid defensively BUT against pace he really struggles - players know they just have to knock the ball past him and his only choice is to foul them. It’s not so much that I think he’s bad, just that I think we might be able to recruit better.
Mem Beespod

BeesKnees99 wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 11:38 GK:

Keeley - back to Spurs
Walker — release
Gilmore - keep

CB:

Collinge - keep
Okimo - put out to pasture / turn into coach
Oluwo - keep
Stevens - release
Thompson - attempt to sign permanently
Diarra - release

RB:
Wynter - release
RHJ - release
Cropper - keep but get a better first choice

LB:
Coker - release
Kanu - sell

MID:
Pritchard - keep
Hartigan - attempt to sign permanently
Gorman - keep (surprised people saying release, still a big asset)
Brunt - keep
JMD - don’t take option
Freeman - keep
Senior - release, spoke to Jeff Stelling the other day who sarcastically thanked me for him

ST:
Stead - keep
Kabamba - keep
O’Donkor - try to keep but unlikely we will
Hooper - release

Transfer priorities -
- Goalkeeper
- Quality full backs with pace
- Osborne-type Midfielder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would largely agree with this except I think Freeman probably only has a contract until the end of the season. He’ll probably go off somewhere to get fit and turn up at a Div 1 team.

Wing backs are essential for this team but ones that have some quality in the final third. Time and time again this season the delivery from wide has been largely poor. Yesterday it was abysmal
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
djhdjh

We need more athleticism in the team - both pace and strength. Brennan talks about how that's important to him in interviews but in reality he's largely built a team that sacrifices those things for technique. Hey, we just came 2nd so let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater but it's notable that we are at a physical disadvantage against the other good sides.

More pace at the back - if we want to play this very attacking style leaving lots of space at the back, we better have some quick people to cover the space.

More bite in midfield. When Gorman and Pritchard were out at various times we lost the midfield battle almost every time. We can't only have 2 midfielders like that in the squad, who can play but can also mix it up physically.

More pace and dribbling going forward. When the passing game isn't working Kanu could bring it on himself and was the only real hope we had yesterday. But when it's only him it's too easy to stick 2 men on him and make it hard for him. Hall-Johnson offered that for the first half of the season but ran out of legs badly. And it might let us play on the break a bit more if we need to away from home.

Tough balance to do that while not losing what we do well but it's what we need to win these big games when plan A is made harder.
Mem Beespod

Let’s bear in mind we’ve just come second with 86 points, as many as Paul Fairclough achieved when we won this league! Let’s not throw the baby out with the Bath water! Some people are talking like we finished midtable.

DB has put the foundations in place for a points gathering machine so now he needs to find the extra 10% to get this team up. Getting fresh legs in 2 or 3 positions might be difference plus reducing the deadwood and bringing in players that can give us more options
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
djhdjh

Mem Beespod wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 17:26 Let’s bear in mind we’ve just come second with 86 points, as many as Paul Fairclough achieved when we won this league! Let’s not throw the baby out with the Bath water! Some people are talking like we finished midtable.

DB has put the foundations in place for a points gathering machine so now he needs to find the extra 10% to get this team up. Getting fresh legs in 2 or 3 positions might be difference plus reducing the deadwood and bringing in players that can give us more options
Same points in 4 fewer games, which would by definition be 4 easier games.
Beesting

Such a crucial summer and I believe the cycle of this squad is complete and needs taking to the next level.

Only players I would keep are Stead, Kabamba, Oluwo and potentially Collinge but sell if we get a fee.

We need to go back to a flat back four with athleticism at full back, Collinge can’t play centre back in a two as he’s not physical enough. Solihull’s left back I would love at our club, athletic, can defend and is good at getting forward.

Need more power and legs in midfield, we don’t have anyone who can pick the ball up and run with it, Gorman and Pritchard have offered very little this season.
rudebwoyben

I find it funny that right after Mem’s post advising that we shouldn’t go for a drastic rebuild, we get a post advising for a drastic rebuild!
The fact is that no team has won a league after such a drastic rebuild as Beesting has suggested above.
ninestein

Aggregation of marginal gains...
Take small sections of the squad and make each one marginally better than what you have. The overall effect is massive. Doesn't require an overhaul of the squad.

Sams for tactical approach. If DB still believes in his way of playing, get better at it, but don't be afraid to develop a plan B.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!