Play off final date

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Edd1

Play off final date

Right folks, apologies for getting ahead of myself but am looking for any insider knowledge here.

As it stands the play off final is set for Saturday 4 May. A couple of days ago it was announced that there will be a tube strike that weekend. Does anyone know if there is any likelihood at all of it being moved because of that? I suspect it’s unlikely but I’m clutching at straws here.

As it stands I am meant to be at an event in north wales* that I absolutely have to be at Friday night to Sunday night that weekend. I MIGHT be able to get it shunted up 24 hours to a Saturday night to Monday night slot as it’s a bank holiday weekend but doing so will involve an avalanche of admin and will probably piss off a load of people but would leave me available for a possible Wembley trip. I’d also have to make those arrangements pretty much now. Before I go round pissing people off does anyone have any knowledge of what may or may not be being planned?

*taking a bunch of kids hill walking and I am the adult on the trip with all the right qualifications so can’t just drop out. I drop out the whole trip gets cancelled, deposits lost etc.
jerroll

Re: Play off final date

Edd1 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:48 Right folks, apologies for getting ahead of myself but am looking for any insider knowledge here.

As it stands the play off final is set for Saturday 4 May. A couple of days ago it was announced that there will be a tube strike that weekend. Does anyone know if there is any likelihood at all of it being moved because of that? I suspect it’s unlikely but I’m clutching at straws here.

As it stands I am meant to be at an event in north wales* that I absolutely have to be at Friday night to Sunday night that weekend. I MIGHT be able to get it shunted up 24 hours to a Saturday night to Monday night slot as it’s a bank holiday weekend but doing so will involve an avalanche of admin and will probably piss off a load of people but would leave me available for a possible Wembley trip. I’d also have to make those arrangements pretty much now. Before I go round pissing people off does anyone have any knowledge of what may or may not be being planned?

*taking a bunch of kids hill walking and I am the adult on the trip with all the right qualifications so can’t just drop out. I drop out the whole trip gets cancelled, deposits lost etc.
There are plenty of other ways to get to Wembley, London overground, Chiltern mainline, Boris bikes or london Buses! very unlikely to be moved i would say.
Edd1

That’s what I suspected. Although my straw clutching has found that it’s not currently listed as an event on the Wembley website https://help.wembleystadium.com/support ... 7000014784

Most likely at this rate I’ll be watching it on a phone screen on a wind swept Welsh mountain side.
letchbee94

Fingers crossed the strike might be called off but even if it aint the powers at the top don't give a damn now about match going fans.
Tuesds

Play-off dates and k/o times have been confirmed, with the final now moved to 3pm on Sunday 5th May due to the strike. The 2nd place team’s semi final is on Saturday 27 April at 5:30pm, with the 3rd-placed team hosting the other semi at 4pm on 28th:

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/pl ... tion-81072
PBBee

Blimey - wasn't expecting they could change the final date this late in the day. Bank holiday Monday at least still.

Also surprised they've changed the date of 1 of the semis - the Saturday 1 looks like the preference for sure you'd say, better atmosphere & currently no clash with the NLD (and even if that does move to Saturday 12.30pm shouldn't be a clash).

Let's hope we make it all now!
John Hunt

letchbee94 wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 16:53 Fingers crossed the strike might be called off but even if it aint the powers at the top don't give a damn now about match going fans.
Surprise Surprise as Cilla once sang!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

That'll give Steady two games in two days!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
PBBee

I’m sure a few will be put out by the changes seeing as the NL announced the dates last summer!

On the whole it looks like positive moves overall though.
dawat

letchbee94 wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 16:53 Fingers crossed the strike might be called off but even if it aint the powers at the top don't give a damn now about match going fans.
Don't remember where, but I thought I heard that the strike had been moved to the 5th May. Anyone else heard this?
beew

Sundays aren't great for me. Shame it's been switched from a Saturday.
becbee

dawat wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 18:22
Don't remember where, but I thought I heard that the strike had been moved to the 5th May. Anyone else heard this?
Sky News item dated yesterday morning states strike is on Saturday 4th. Can't find anything to suggest a change of date.
Evanstribe

PBBee wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 18:19 I’m sure a few will be put out by the changes seeing as the NL announced the dates last summer!

On the whole it looks like positive moves overall though.
I booked a flight back to the UK months ago, gambling that we'd be in the semi-finals. It's on the Saturday, as I assumed those dates were set in stone.

Fortunately it arrives early enough that I'll be there in time if we finish second, but I don't really think it's acceptable to move those dates around at short notice, without a note on the initial announcement saying they are subject to change.
letchbee94

To be fair they have given a months notice for the change.
Which is decent for national league.
foxy

John Hunt wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 18:05 That'll give Steady two games in two days!

Not more England C bolloxs??? Jesus Christ