Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

So....... Saturday sees the bees travel across London to face what amounts to our last great rivals (in their eyes anyway :D ) the 85%ers of Wealdstone in a crucial, televised, Bananarama League Fixture.

After losing their last two games and shipping 4 goals the Wealdstone Island massive find themselves 6 points off the playoffs with the most damaging of these defeats coming against Boredom Hoof who now sit in 7th.

After their rabid support tore up the Away Stand last season this season was a tamer affair as Brennan's rejuvenated bees cruised to an easy win in front of a much reduced away support. We remain living in their heads rent free with TK, Brennan and Okimo particularly upsetting the Stones fans for a variety of reasons but we can't let their petty nonsense get in the way of our promotion charge.

Wealdstone have been very fussy about giving us the full allocation to what passes for an away stand in Ruislip but I expect us to be where we were last season with crap views and dodgy facilities by all reports (I was unable to attend due to Covid). Hopefully the fence holds out when we score!

For those like Foxy who will be polishing the sofa rather than attending the game I hope that we can put on a decent showing in front of the cameras and that we can get a confidence boosting win. I have found BT sport to be a bit spotty in their coverage with Adam Virgo in particular nursing a level of dislike for us that I have not seen since Andy Gray and Arsenal but the hopeful addition of Aaron McLean to the lineup will mean we don't just get a love in for the "plucky" Wealdstone, who to be fair to them are having a good season.

In terms of team lineups, with Revan and Gorman back and hopefully with Wynter and Collinge not far behind we are looking in a much healthier shape even than we did last week and in the hope that Wynter is fit enough for at least a place on the bench I would go:-

---------------------------------Walker----------------------------

----Cropper-----Collinge---------Potter------Okimo-----------

------------Pritchard-------Gorman-------De Havilland---------

----------Kabamba----------Smith---------Kanu-------------------

Subs: Callan, Wynter, Armstrong, Moyo, Revan

This could be flexed to a 3-5-2 with Kanu at left wing back depending on the game situation.

I am looking forward to this game and hopefully another 3 points.

COYBs
bfc_mo

Re: Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 11:34 So....... Saturday sees the bees travel across London to face what amounts to our last great rivals (in their eyes anyway :D ) the 85%ers of Wealdstone in a crucial, televised, Bananarama League Fixture.

After losing their last two games and shipping 4 goals the Wealdstone Island massive find themselves 6 points off the playoffs with the most damaging of these defeats coming against Boredom Hoof who now sit in 7th.

After their rabid support tore up the Away Stand last season this season was a tamer affair as Brennan's rejuvenated bees cruised to an easy win in front of a much reduced away support. We remain living in their heads rent free with TK, Brennan and Okimo particularly upsetting the Stones fans for a variety of reasons but we can't let their petty nonsense get in the way of our promotion charge.

Wealdstone have been very fussy about giving us the full allocation to what passes for an away stand in Ruislip but I expect us to be where we were last season with crap views and dodgy facilities by all reports (I was unable to attend due to Covid). Hopefully the fence holds out when we score!

For those like Foxy who will be polishing the sofa rather than attending the game I hope that we can put on a decent showing in front of the cameras and that we can get a confidence boosting win. I have found BT sport to be a bit spotty in their coverage with Adam Virgo in particular nursing a level of dislike for us that I have not seen since Andy Gray and Arsenal but the hopeful addition of Aaron McLean to the lineup will mean we don't just get a love in for the "plucky" Wealdstone, who to be fair to them are having a good season.

In terms of team lineups, with Revan and Gorman back and hopefully with Wynter and Collinge not far behind we are looking in a much healthier shape even than we did last week and in the hope that Wynter is fit enough for at least a place on the bench I would go:-

This could be flexed to a 3-5-2 with Kanu at left wing back depending on the game situation.

COYBs
So Powell goes from starting to not even being in the subs?
Last edited by bfc_mo on 23 Mar 2023, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bee_Forever

I suppose Powell could take Callan's place on the bench. Seems a bit of a weird overreaction, although this is not a new thing for you...

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Roy57

I see Ben Foster has come out of retirement to sign for Wrexham,
bfc_mo

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 12:01 I suppose Powell could take Callan's place on the bench. Seems a bit of a weird overreaction, although this is not a new thing for you...

Fixed the ‘weird overreaction’ by me 👍
bfc_mo

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 12:01 I suppose Powell could take Callan's place on the bench. Seems a bit of a weird overreaction, although this is not a new thing for you...

Fixed the ‘weird overreaction’ by me 👍
11bee717

Wonder what reception Okimo will get.. I still remember when they were saying he’s awful and now he’s played every game as we sit in the playoffs
WillesdenBee

Wealdstone look light on numbers at the moment. Massive chance to embarrass them on their big day in front of the TV cameras. Their style of play suits us and Im feeling confident we get a result, which ultimately will knock them out of any play offs hopes. Smith still looked troubled last week with his back injury, wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench (at most) with Moyo starting. Hope we don't have to watch Dan Powell play again, awful player.
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 11:34 So....... Saturday sees the bees travel across London to face what amounts to our last great rivals (in their eyes anyway :D ) the 85%ers of Wealdstone in a crucial, televised, Bananarama League Fixture.

COYBs
Virgo was surprisingly complementary to us and especially to the boss when he did the semi final draw on Talkshite although he then pulled us out as going to Gateshead!
WillesdenBee

We’ve sold 466 tickets as of now. Allocations is currently 500. Would recommend getting tickets in asap as god knows if they’ll increase the allocation. You know what they’re like. Not sure why we’ve sold so little tickets though!
11bee717

People would rather stay home and watch it on TV I guess, weird
adher36

Let's not sell any more please to give the rest of us the opportunity to watch the match in a scintilla of comfort
CrawleyBee

11bee717 wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 13:00 People would rather stay home and watch it on TV I guess, weird
This! The lads need the support, in what will be a tough game. I understand finances and other arrangements can take precedent but to choose to watch on tv never got that! Each to their own I suppose.
Formerly Watfordbee
PBBee

Just bought mine just to be safe (even though 1 of us might not make it). Never know with Wealdstone.
thefootballtrimmings

466 is respectable but could definitely be better for such a local big game fixture. Maybe it will hit 500-600 by KO.

Fortunately the away end is so small it will feel heaving anyway.

Do we know how many we took last year? Could barely move in that tiny shack of a terrace.
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com