League Run-in

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Re: League Run-in

Since Dagenham have now sold yet another one of there better strikers to Notts county going to change original prediction from draw to win, so that's the 17 points many feel we hopefully will achieve.
becbee

I expected us to lose at Southend but to win at Dorking. Football would be boring if results were predictable.
Tuesds

It’s not an easy run-in from here, but there’s a good chance our last 3 or even 4 opponents (depending when York is rearranged for) will have nothing to play for. Doesn’t mean they’ll be pushovers, but it’s preferable to playing teams fighting for promotion and even for safety at that stage of the season
PBBee

Tuesds wrote:It’s not an easy run-in from here, but there’s a good chance our last 3 or even 4 opponents (depending when York is rearranged for) will have nothing to play for. Doesn’t mean they’ll be pushovers, but it’s preferable to playing teams fighting for promotion and even for safety at that stage of the season
I had this debate the other day, sometimes teams
Playing for nothing play more relaxed & quite well. I do agree it’s still preferable though.
jerroll

PBBee wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 18:36
Tuesds wrote:It’s not an easy run-in from here, but there’s a good chance our last 3 or even 4 opponents (depending when York is rearranged for) will have nothing to play for. Doesn’t mean they’ll be pushovers, but it’s preferable to playing teams fighting for promotion and even for safety at that stage of the season
I had this debate the other day, sometimes teams
Playing for nothing play more relaxed & quite well. I do agree it’s still preferable though.
first goal is crucial again teams like that, they battle at 0-0 or if they get ahead but give up once behind if they don't care!
BedfordBee

Evening all,

I have put all the remaining fixtures into a spreadsheet (down to Dagenham) as these are the only teams realistically possible of challenging for Play Offs, if they go on a Wrexham / Notts County'esque run.
Interestingly there are 2 weekends when most of the top 10 play each other - hopefully by the time we play Solihull Moors / Dagenham etc.. there season will be over and they are already on the beach.

Do think we have the harder of all the run ins - but that does mean it is in our hands and we have the points on the board.
Attachments
Remaining Fixtures.xlsx
(12.43 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
john dockers shorts

Interesting, when it comes to the business end I focus on who teams play away I assume that points will be picked up at home by teams. Only Woking and Wealdstone is tricky but neither are intimidating places for players to go unlike those bigger stadiums where crowd sucks the ball into the net
JWTBee

BedfordBee wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 22:43 Evening all,

I have put all the remaining fixtures into a spreadsheet (down to Dagenham) as these are the only teams realistically possible of challenging for Play Offs, if they go on a Wrexham / Notts County'esque run.
Interestingly there are 2 weekends when most of the top 10 play each other - hopefully by the time we play Solihull Moors / Dagenham etc.. there season will be over and they are already on the beach.

Do think we have the harder of all the run ins - but that does mean it is in our hands and we have the points on the board.
I do love a spreadsheet! Ex-Accountant that's why! Very well done for producing this.I will keep updating it as the season draws to a close.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
JWTBee

BedfordBee - as a matter of interest can you please explain the colour coding? I'm sure that it's significant but I can't work it out!
BedfordBee

The colour coding is just to show the 2 teams playing each other in that week - so looking down you can see how many top 10 sides each side has left to play (as it will have a colour).

It's the analyst in me trying to show a quick view of which run ins may be challenging.

I plan to update as we go along - If I get time I'll add the predictor part in.
JWTBee

BedfordBee wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 20:24 The colour coding is just to show the 2 teams playing each other in that week - so looking down you can see how many top 10 sides each side has left to play (as it will have a colour).

It's the analyst in me trying to show a quick view of which run ins may be challenging.

I plan to update as we go along - If I get time I'll add the predictor part in.
Superb work! Keep it up!
timbee

Thumbs up from me as well. You can’t beat a good spreadsheet!

It shows that we have the toughest run-in, 7 matches against the top ten. Of course that means we have the most chances to take points off our rivals.
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion
BedfordBee

Have updated the spreadsheet and also converted to horizontal so it reads easier for League table etc.. (Can also move as teams change position).
Attachments
Remaining Fixtures.xlsx
(16.86 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
PBBee

BedfordBee wrote:Have updated the spreadsheet and also converted to horizontal so it reads easier for League table etc.. (Can also move as teams change position).
Thanks

So next week is 4th Vs 7th & 5th v 6th - huge
rudebwoyben

Why are you bumping up Wealdstone’s position like that?!