Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
EastBarnetBee

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

AidanGRH wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 18:25
Sporting Barnet wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 13:19 For those who paid with a debit card and credit card don't get stressed about just ask your bank to charge it back, they then have 45 days to validate the transaction with the respective bank.
Absolutely this. This idea that people should run around and go back and forth between the streamer, the host club, BT is nonsense. Whomever took the money should pay it back and then they can squabble amongst themselves.

Chargebacks are a real pain to companies. They have to do the admin to contest, and there is a physical cost when the chargeback is applied. Merchants also don't like them as it exposes them to losses so they either hold funds as a deposit, or increase the deposit held. In some cases I've seen the Merchant pull the account.
Thanks for the advice. I used credit card so will dispute that way.
ETBee

Had a reply from Dorking who apologised and say they are in discussions with BT Sport and the National League about the matter.
becbee

ETBee wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 19:15 Had a reply from Dorking who apologised and say they are in discussions with BT Sport and the National League about the matter.
I can't see why Dorking should be involved or feel the need to apologise if the problem was solely due to a faulty camera provided to the streaming company by BT Sport?
letchbee94

Disappointing showing apart from the first 20 mins or so.
Not to have a shot on target is concerning.
ETBee

becbee wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 19:30
ETBee wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 19:15 Had a reply from Dorking who apologised and say they are in discussions with BT Sport and the National League about the matter.
I can't see why Dorking should be involved or feel the need to apologise if the problem was solely due to a faulty camera provided to the streaming company by BT Sport?
For the same reason that Google, Facebook, TicToc and Twitter say they have no responsibilty for content, they're only a platform. (Only obeying orders!). My son tells me that StreamAGM is just a software provider but I wonder how much of our £9.50 they get.
ETBee

I have now been advised by Dorking that the National League has agreed to refund me the cost of the stream. Result!
john dockers shorts

Can you advise process for doing this please
EastBarnetBee

ETBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 14:02 I have now been advised by Dorking that the National League has agreed to refund me the cost of the stream. Result!
Good stuff! I hit a dead end with StreamAMG. I disputed the charge with my credit card under ‘services not as described’, uploaded a couple pics of the poor quality stream and they refunded me straight away.
ETBee

EastBarnetBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:21
ETBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 14:02 I have now been advised by Dorking that the National League has agreed to refund me the cost of the stream. Result!
Good stuff! I hit a dead end with StreamAMG. I disputed the charge with my credit card under ‘services not as described’, uploaded a couple pics of the poor quality stream and they refunded me straight away.
I should have realised, StreamAMG are refusing to pay the refund. I have referred them to the National League. Sounds like the tail wagging the dog!
mike_p

ETBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:36
I should have realised, StreamAMG are refusing to pay the refund. I have referred them to the National League. Sounds like the tail wagging the dog!
Please keep us informed as to the response from the National League. I paid with Paypal so would have to raise a complaint through them.
I guess trying to organise a general boycott of National League TV, until we get a resolution, isn't going to work?
PBBee

mike_p wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 23:29
ETBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 17:36
Please keep us informed as to the response from the National League. I paid with Paypal so would have to raise a complaint through them.
I guess trying to organise a general boycott of National League TV, until we get a resolution, isn't going to work?
A boycott? I'd rather watch the games at the crucial time of the season tbh!

Don't Barnet get 60% of this money anyway, I'd be more annoyed if all the money went to the league
Lord Bee

Just called my bank (First Direct) and they said it’s a bit of a grey area as a service was provided, even if not up to standard, so didn’t want to do a credit card charge back as it can take 60 days to settle the dispute so they just gave me a goodwill refund so worth trying anyway
mike_p

How did you do this ?
ETBee

mike_p wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 10:40
How did you do this ?
I wrote to the chairman of Dorking FC and said that StreamAMG say it's their fault so could I have have a refund. I added that if it's not their fault could they tell me who I should contact.

I get the impression that StreamAMG's default position is to say no whatever. When streaming started and before I'd even considered logging in I asked a question about signing up. D Marshall's immediate response was that I was not entitled to a refund!
JWTBee

mike_p wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 10:40
How did you do this ?
Could you please provide an email address for the Dorking Wanderers Chairman. Many thanks.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!