Eastleigh (Away) The Away Fans Still Matter Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Re: Eastleigh (Away) The Away Fans Still Matter Match Thread

Let's hope their pitch doesn't look like my garden right now...
ETBee

My trip to Eastleigh today is not gong ahead so I thought that I'd watch the game on NLTV but it appears that in Packages none of today's games will be streamed. This is disappointing.
Anthony

ETBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:25 My trip to Eastleigh today is not gong ahead so I thought that I'd watch the game on NLTV but it appears that in Packages none of today's games will be streamed. This is disappointing.
Yes it’s confusing. One page has it down as a streamable fixture alongside the Woking game on Wed 25th. but the packages section says it’s for Tuesday 24th only. I suspect that if you buy the Tuesday package you will get access to the rearranged games, but frankly I don’t trust the National League to do anything competently.

I have tweeted the club and the NL to get clarification. Maybe a few others could do the same to ensure the query doesn’t get missed.
JWTBee

Apparently there were real problems with NLTV last night! So be warned!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
#Beebot

Aymen Azaze recalled from loan, assume Callan is injured again
PBBee

Anthony wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:39
ETBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 09:25 My trip to Eastleigh today is not gong ahead so I thought that I'd watch the game on NLTV but it appears that in Packages none of today's games will be streamed. This is disappointing.
Yes it’s confusing. One page has it down as a streamable fixture alongside the Woking game on Wed 25th. but the packages section says it’s for Tuesday 24th only. I suspect that if you buy the Tuesday package you will get access to the rearranged games, but frankly I don’t trust the National League to do anything competently.

I have tweeted the club and the NL to get clarification. Maybe a few others could do the same to ensure the query doesn’t get missed.
Showing up fine for me this morning & now in both the schedule & packages. I stupidly signed up this morning before remembering the inspection at 2pm (which I don't think is looking good as it will have barely been above freezing for long).
Shmulib100

JWTBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 10:37 Apparently there were real problems with NLTV last night! So be warned!
Bromley v Daggers worked fine for me
Anthony

PBBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 12:05

Showing up fine for me this morning & now in both the schedule & packages. I stupidly signed up this morning before remembering the inspection at 2pm (which I don't think is looking good as it will have barely been above freezing for long).
Thanks for the update! Time to get the beers in (assuming its still on)

I wonder what the long term solution to this issue will be - there will always be games postponed and rescheduled. Rather than have to deal with refunds or disgruntled fans, perhaps they should switch the packages to “gameweeks” which would then cover any rearrangements, rather than dates.
Last edited by Anthony on 25 Jan 2023, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
John Hunt

PBBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 12:05

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650396
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Roy57

Shmulib100 wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 12:12
JWTBee wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 10:37 Apparently there were real problems with NLTV last night! So be warned!
Bromley v Daggers worked fine for me
On mine all games seemed to start few mins late, but all games were fine, Bromley, Maidstone and Chesterfield. Regarding tonight both games showing as being streamed, our game, and Woking, Halifax not there as covered and on BT sport.
Roy57

Woking v Torquay off. Frozen pitch.
foxy

Any news? It's 14.30 and nowt
DerekRocholl

barnetjohn wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 19:33
DerekRocholl wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 17:52
Given that you can get a train from Waterloo at 5.35 pm that gets to Eastleigh before 7pm don’t you think you might be over playing the loyal away supporter’s martyrdom angle on this one ?
Yes it just about possible to get down there by train if you leave Waterloo at 5:35. But not everyone works near Waterloo- and it might not be possible to knock off work early enough to get the train down there. Re-arranging shifts, rotas, meetings etc at 48 hours notice isn't always possible. Plus, getting back by train from Eastleigh is tricky given time of last train and the distance back to the station. If people have to drive down as a result, that might require further changes to working patterns etc.

I've said earlier on this thread that I think moving the game to Wed was the right decision- but equally I have a lot of sympathy for the situation faced by many fans who are travelling down there. Respect to those fans (of whom I am not one) who are willing to travel down to a difficult to reach midweek game in the freezing cold, having to re-arrange plans at short notice, for a game that could still get called off, perhaps shortly before kick off.

Anyone making the trip is a proper hardcore fan and I take my hat off to them. I'm very grateful that there are Bees fans going down to there to support the team and provide vocal backing. I appreciate you might feel moving to Wednesday is the right decision (as I do) but I don't think it's fair to have a go at the people who are making big efforts to get down there at short notice. They have my admiration and respect.
Yes good on anyone who backs the team home and away but in this case I was using the train times to demonstrate that it isn’t the same as a long distance game. Unless people are deciding to make a day of it the car journey isn’t particularly lengthy for most people either. The fact that getting back by train is a challenge is the same whatever evening it is played.
jerroll

DerekRocholl wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 16:44
barnetjohn wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 19:33
DerekRocholl wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 17:52
Given that you can get a train from Waterloo at 5.35 pm that gets to Eastleigh before 7pm don’t you think you might be over playing the loyal away supporter’s martyrdom angle on this one ?
Yes it just about possible to get down there by train if you leave Waterloo at 5:35. But not everyone works near Waterloo- and it might not be possible to knock off work early enough to get the train down there. Re-arranging shifts, rotas, meetings etc at 48 hours notice isn't always possible. Plus, getting back by train from Eastleigh is tricky given time of last train and the distance back to the station. If people have to drive down as a result, that might require further changes to working patterns etc.

I've said earlier on this thread that I think moving the game to Wed was the right decision- but equally I have a lot of sympathy for the situation faced by many fans who are travelling down there. Respect to those fans (of whom I am not one) who are willing to travel down to a difficult to reach midweek game in the freezing cold, having to re-arrange plans at short notice, for a game that could still get called off, perhaps shortly before kick off.

Anyone making the trip is a proper hardcore fan and I take my hat off to them. I'm very grateful that there are Bees fans going down to there to support the team and provide vocal backing. I appreciate you might feel moving to Wednesday is the right decision (as I do) but I don't think it's fair to have a go at the people who are making big efforts to get down there at short notice. They have my admiration and respect.
Yes good on anyone who backs the team home and away but in this case I was using the train times to demonstrate that it isn’t the same as a long distance game. Unless people are deciding to make a day of it the car journey isn’t particularly lengthy for most people either. The fact that getting back by train is a challenge is the same whatever evening it is played.
I challenge you to finish work in Potters Bar at 5.30 pm and get to Eastleigh by 7.45 by public transport?