pletch99

Eastleigh game moved to Weds

CrawleyBee

Re: Eastleigh game moved to Weds

Confirmed in Barnet site.
Formerly Watfordbee
jerroll

Two fingers to people who have time booked off work for tuesday! especially as Eastleigh don't offer parking to away supporters any more!
pletch99

I know this is going to upset some people but looking at the forecast it does seem like there was no real chance for Tuesday night. While Wednesday is only marginally warmer, it's not forecast to freeze overnight, so if they can get the pitch play able during the day, it should still be OK in the evening.

Absolutely, C&*p to do this to travelling fans, but given the fixture pile up I can see why it's been done.
Roy57

jerroll wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 13:40 Two fingers to people who have time booked off work for tuesday! especially as Eastleigh don't offer parking to away supporters any more!
Can see how supporters who might of booked time of work, or made other arrangements to go on the Tuesday, but with his the weather has been the past 10 days of so I don't see this as two fingers up to supporters, just both clubs doing what they feel is best way to get the game played.
jerroll

pletch99 wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 13:42 I know this is going to upset some people but looking at the forecast it does seem like there was no real chance for Tuesday night. While Wednesday is only marginally warmer, it's not forecast to freeze overnight, so if they can get the pitch play able during the day, it should still be OK in the evening.

Absolutely, C&*p to do this to travelling fans, but given the fixture pile up I can see why it's been done.
i agree it makes sense but Woking moved their game yesterday so would have been nice to have had more notice!
antbfc

sensible idea, shame they didnt do it earlier but it is a bit of a crystal ball at the minute!
Bee_Forever

Unlike the Woking game, Eastleigh actually want the game played so will not be getting a local ref to get the game called off prematurely to cover for their injury crisis.

It does however mean two fingers are firmly being put up to away supporters here, and it always seems to be Barnet's away supporters who bear the brunt. Halifax away being postponed to protect our cup run springs to mind here. Clubs coming to the Hive don't agree to this sort of thing knowing that it would inconvenience their fans but unfortunately our idiotic Chairman only sees "I don't get any money from away fixtures". Let me let you in to a secret here TK old chap you get

£400 a year in season ticket
£50 a year in shirt sales.
£250 a year in food and beer sales based on £10 a game.

Change that up for 100 away supporters and that comes to £70,000. Still think you don't get anything from away fans.

Beyond a joke to postpone this and reschedule it at 48 hours notice. Beyond disrespectful to those like letchbee and Jerroll who spend hours and £s travelling up and down this country to follow their club.

For shame.
becbee

Speaking as someone who goes to plenty of away matches, I don't see this at all as being 2 fingers to the away supporters. More the opposite.
Judging by tonight's overnight temperatures it seems very improbable that the e match wouod have gone ahead tomorrow. There at least is a better chance of it happening on Wednesday.
The change of date isn't ideal for anyone but at least this way we and Eastleigh might avoid yet another postponements- and at worst, we'll know they tried.
becbee

I also think it's an absolute nonsense to make out that Barnet treat fans worse than other clubs do. Suggest anybody who thinks that has a look at other clubs twitter/ Facebook accounts.
Bee_Forever

becbee wrote:Speaking as someone who goes to plenty of away matches, I don't see this at all as being 2 fingers to the away supporters. More the opposite.
Judging by tonight's overnight temperatures it seems very improbable that the e match wouod have gone ahead tomorrow. There at least is a better chance of it happening on Wednesday.
The change of date isn't ideal for anyone but at least this way we and Eastleigh might avoid yet another postponements- and at worst, we'll know they tried.
The move to Wednesday IS a postponement.

How you can see this move as being supportive of our travelling fans is completely bewildering.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

barnetjohn

It's a tricky situation. I think I agree with Pletch and Jerroll.

Re-arranging at short notice is very harsh on fans. Tuesday is basically a no goer, and so it's either replay on Wednesday or cram it another date. In normal circumstances I'd just rearrange for further out, but given our fixture congestion, trying to get it on on Wed is probably lesser of two evils.

Massive respect to those going- it's a real ball ache to change work, social and transport arrangements at the last minute.
Bee_Forever

becbee wrote:I also think it's an absolute nonsense to make out that Barnet treat fans worse than other clubs do. Suggest anybody who thinks that has a look at other clubs twitter/ Facebook accounts.
I will bear in mind your suggestion that Barnet doesn't treat its away fans badly while booking my hotel in scunthorpe on a Friday night.....

becbee

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 16:07
becbee wrote:I also think it's an absolute nonsense to make out that Barnet treat fans worse than other clubs do. Suggest anybody who thinks that has a look at other clubs twitter/ Facebook accounts.
I will bear in mind your suggestion that Barnet doesn't treat its away fans badly while booking my hotel in scunthorpe on a Friday night.....

The reason why that match is a Friday night is as likely Scunthorpe's idea as ours. I suspect that it was a joint decision between the two clubs to move both fixtures from Saturday to Friday. So do you also think that Scunthorpe treated their fans badly?
In any case I have seen fans on here suggest that there should be more Friday night matches.