Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

So... Saturday sees the Bees facing struggling Aldershot Town in the Bananarama League.

After reforming and securing promotion to the football league Aldershot fell back out of the league in 2013 and after a concerted effort to go up a combination of bad manager appointments and dwindling funds have seen them drift down the National League table surviving relegation thanks only to Gateshead being even more poorly run than them.

It's fair to say the club's fans are about as hopeful about the current set up as I am of getting a half time pint at the hive and that years of under investment have taken their toll. There were hostile scenes when Aldershot lost at home to Hakan Haytettin's Maidstone last week. In addition they have stopped rolling out the barrell stand for away fans which is a shame.

Being a fellow London club we have shared a lot of players over the years and Justin Amaluzor is the latest of these. A fellow supporter used to call Amaluzor 'jigsaw' given his propensity to fall apart in the box and TK's assertion that he could be a £4million 30 goal a season striker seems as ridiculous as his assertion that the new catering team will improve the match day experience. He has however rebuilt his career in NLS and will be keen to impress against his former club.

Although a visit to the army town does not currently hold any major concerns looking at the league table Brennan will be keen to guard against complacency and his troops will be drilled to keep the same level of intensity that has propelled them to the top of the league. With most of the shots squad under 25 it is not going to be a Dads Army we are going to face and they will be keen to put recent results right. If they make a fast start it is essential we don't panic and just play our own game or else we're doomed.

On to Barnet and last week we were missing Collinge, Woods, De Havilland, Powell and Loza and there seem few immediate signs we will be signing anyone to replace them or give Nicke some support up front. There is some hope that with the league transfer window closing tonight that will shake a couple of signings loose after their league moves fall through.

No team news so I am going to err on the side of hope that Danny and Ryan are fit and that we will not have slow and slower at the back again.

------------------------Private Walker-------------------------

--Wynter------Collinge------Moose----Beard---------

----------De Havilland---Gorman--Pritchard---------

--Hall--------------Kabamba----------------Shields-------

Subs- Callan, Okimo, Flanagan, Smith, Armstrong

Doing this one by train. COYBs

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Spodothebee

Re: Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

Bee_Forever wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 06:12 So... Saturday sees the Bees facing struggling Aldershot Town in the Bananarama League.

After reforming and securing promotion to the football league Aldershot fell back out of the league in 2013 and after a concerted effort to go up a combination of bad manager appointments and dwindling funds have seen them drift down the National League table surviving relegation thanks only to Gateshead being even more poorly run than them.

It's fair to say the club's fans are about as hopeful about the current set up as I am of getting a half time pint at the hive and that years of under investment have taken their toll. There were hostile scenes when Aldershot lost at home to Hakan Haytettin's Maidstone last week. In addition they have stopped rolling out the barrell stand for away fans which is a shame.

Being a fellow London club we have shared a lot of players over the years and Justin Amaluzor is the latest of these. A fellow supporter used to call Amaluzor 'jigsaw' given his propensity to fall apart in the box and TK's assertion that he could be a £4million 30 goal a season striker seems as ridiculous as his assertion that the new catering team will improve the match day experience. He has however rebuilt his career in NLS and will be keen to impress against his former club.

Although a visit to the army town does not currently hold any major concerns looking at the league table Brennan will be keen to guard against complacency and his troops will be drilled to keep the same level of intensity that has propelled them to the top of the league. With most of the shots squad under 25 it is not going to be a Dads Army we are going to face and they will be keen to put recent results right. If they make a fast start it is essential we don't panic and just play our own game or else we're doomed.

On to Barnet and last week we were missing Collinge, Woods, De Havilland, Powell and Loza and there seem few immediate signs we will be signing anyone to replace them or give Nicke some support up front. There is some hope that with the league transfer window closing tonight that will shake a couple of signings loose after their league moves fall through.

No team news so I am going to err on the side of hope that Danny and Ryan are fit and that we will not have slow and slower at the back again.

------------------------Private Walker-------------------------

--Wynter------Collinge------Moose----Beard---------

----------De Havilland---Gorman--Pritchard---------

--Hall--------------Kabamba----------------Shields-------

Subs- Callan, Okimo, Flanagan, Smith, Armstrong

Doing this one by train. COYBs

Thought Okimo looked fairly quick for his age actually
Bee_Forever

Funny thing is so did I when he was playing at left back maybe trying to hold a defensive live with Moussa is making him look slower than he is.

hoofer2

Aldershot a London club is stretching it as much as Luton, Gatwick and Stansted are in London 😀

Having commuted to Farnham every day from north london in the past - definitively not London.
john dockers shorts

I hadn't realised Aldershot had moved into London, I missed that!

Looking forward to this, shame we aren't housed behind the goal. Always liked the Rec.
ETBee

As far as possible late player acquisitions are concerned at least we will now be seen from outside as a team capable of being at or near the top of the NL rather than struggling against relegation. Got to help, as long as the money is there.
Bee_Forever

Kanu believe it? We have a new striker.

He would go on the bench for Armstrong on my team.

Ps. Sorry for saying Aldershot is in London clearly not correct but my point stands around it being relatively local.

KierBee

Bee_Forever wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 13:50 Kanu believe it? We have a new striker.

He would go on the bench for Armstrong on my team.

Ps. Sorry for saying Aldershot is in London clearly not correct but my point stands around it being relatively local.

You'd leave armstrong out altogether?
Bee_Forever

Yes. I think Smith is fitter and I'd rather have two attacking options on the bench than two shithousing midfielders.

If Armstrong or Phillips can play at the back I guess you could drop Thomas.

letchbee94

Kanu played for Aldershot, we got to get him on for law of ex.
ninestein

Some memorable games at the rec. Simon King's thumping volley to win 3-2 en-route to the title.
And what about that 3-3 draw in the pissing rain under Edgar, where we were 1-0 and 3-1 down. Wizard Crawford and Marciano completing the comeback. The leaks in the double barrelled roof were as bad as our defence that night.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
BeesKnees99

ninestein wrote:Some memorable games at the rec. Simon King's thumping volley to win 3-2 en-route to the title.
And what about that 3-3 draw in the pissing rain under Edgar, where we were 1-0 and 3-1 down. Wizard Crawford and Marciano completing the comeback. The leaks in the double barrelled roof were as bad as our defence that night.
I remember the rainy 4-0 defeat about 13 years ago. I was about 9 or 10 at the time, clearly it didn’t traumatise me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amberforever

Simon King. What a diamond player. !!
hoofer2

ninestein wrote: 01 Sep 2022, 22:28 Some memorable games at the rec. Simon King's thumping volley to win 3-2 en-route to the title.
When I worked in Farnham, I used to drag along unsuspecting work colleagues to the Rec to watch midweek Barnet away fixtures.

One match was Matt Redmiles debut goal. He was huge - match was forgettable
becbee

I remember the Tuesday night match which was abandoned at half time due to fog. We were drawing 1-1 at the time but the abandonment was inevitable, it had been ok when we started but by half time we couldn't see anything.