Halifax (Hive) The Match Thread Touching Cloth

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Itsmeerc

Re: Halifax (Hive) The Match Thread Touching Cloth

I was also very impressed with Collinge. I was a little underwhelmed when we signed him, simply due to him having played for that Dover side but looks like a very good bit of business. Very smart player, good on the ball and won a lot in the air against a very tall centre forward.
Chainsaw

Let's accentuate the positives. For the first 25 minutes we were fabulous. What a rousing start to the season. Sean Shields fashioned a goal out of nothing by winning a ball he shouldn't have & popping it over for EMC to finish superbly. Kabamba scoring the second after a one-on-one with the keeper. How many of those have we seen missed over the years? Ryan de Havilland- what a prospect. Someone who attempts the difficult incisive pass & someone who can shoot too. This is a young player who should be supported & encouraged. And what about Danny Collinge at CB? An absolute inspiring warrior today topped by a goal- stopping tackle late in the first half. 'Halifax weren't very good' some say but BFC didn’t allow them to be any good. Laurie Walker didn't have a meaningful save to make all game
beew

Broadfieldbee wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 17:58
beew wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 17:35 I rather enjoyed that.

Sheilds MOM but Diarra was immense. And that ball by Hall for the second was delightful
I assume it wasn’t boos when Diarra was on the ball? Agreed he was superb.
I agree it did sound like boos. What's all that about?
beew

Chainsaw wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 18:54 Let's accentuate the positives. For the first 25 minutes we were fabulous. What a rousing start to the season. Sean Shields fashioned a goal out of nothing by winning a ball he shouldn't have & popping it over for EMC to finish superbly. Kabamba scoring the second after a one-on-one with the keeper. How many of those have we seen missed over the years? Ryan de Havilland- what a prospect. Someone who attempts the difficult incisive pass & someone who can shoot too. This is a young player who should be supported & encouraged. And what about Danny Collinge at CB? An absolute inspiring warrior today topped by a goal- stopping tackle late in the first half. 'Halifax weren't very good' some say but BFC didn’t allow them to be any good. Laurie Walker didn't have a meaningful save to make all game
All of this.
djhdjh

Halifax looked terrible but winning with ease is what you are supposed to do against bad teams.

Kabamba was excellent though with the battering he takes and the running he does I hope we get someone who can give him a rest from time to time. Not the best technically but he knows his game and plays to his strengths. Hope finishing 2 out of 3 one on one chances is a sign of things to come for him.

Lots of talent going forward, Mason-Clarke is still the best of them and having others to take men away from him will help. Should be fun to watch them all.

Noticeable that Brennan was playing with two deep midfielders rather than one as for most of last season and it made us much more solid. Hope we keep it up.

There were some iffy bits defensively with us being split open far too quickly a couple of times but overall a time for some optimism.
Sam_BFC

Great start Bees.
11bee717 wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 15:35
Lord Bee wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 15:25 Attendance 1286
Very poor but I’m sure providing the game was actually promoted properly there would’ve been a few more in
Not to pretend that we are not presently in a worrying situation with respect to the fan base, but actually doesn’t compare too badly to:

09/08/2003
Telford United H 2 - 0
rudebwoyben

Sam_BFC wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 19:52 Great start Bees.
Very poor but I’m sure providing the game was actually promoted properly there would’ve been a few more in
Not to pretend that we are not presently in a worrying situation with respect to the fan base, but actually doesn’t compare too badly to:

09/08/2003
Telford United H 2 - 0
Almost as hot today too!
DSM

Uplifting game, really enjoyable, super atmosphere matched by the effort on the pitch.

For me Collinge was MOM followed by EMC/Kabama. Halls cameo role reminded us of our depth versus last year

Shields and Pritchard had a great first half but I thought they both tired especially the later. Diarra was exactly what I expected, which is a compliment, hope he’s not badly injured, didn’t look too serious. Okimo pleasantly surprised me. Wynter solid and classy defensively.

Think against the top teams Phillips will come into the team and we may go slightly more defensive

All in all a great day out
Ajtheone04

Good performance, Collinge was excellent at the back, when he came in I very much thought he'd be third choice but is possibly our best all round defender due to Diarra's lack of mobility.
Okimo also impressed me especially as a player-coach who'll have a lot more on his mind during the week.
We also named a really strong bench today and Hall's performance once he came on showed that. Interesting that phillips was in full pre match kit, warming up at HT etc. despite not being in the squad.
Seems like everything went well off the pitch too with there being no ticket problems and there seemed to be enough staff to cope with any potential problems.
To top it all off TK seemed a much more visible presence to me and was even ball-boy behind the empty goal for a few minutes!
A good start to the season which we can hopefully build on at Gateshead.
barnet_pls

beew wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 19:07
Broadfieldbee wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 17:58
beew wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 17:35 I rather enjoyed that.

Sheilds MOM but Diarra was immense. And that ball by Hall for the second was delightful
I assume it wasn’t boos when Diarra was on the ball? Agreed he was superb.
I agree it did sound like boos. What's all that about?
No boo's imo ! It was a kind of deep M-o-u-s-s-s-a type chant.
rudebwoyben

The makings of a cult hero!
Tuesds

Sam_BFC wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 19:52 Great start Bees.

09/08/2003
Telford United H 2 - 0
True, mind you there were more Halifax fans there today than there were Telford fans in 2003! Plus the really worrying thing is our crowds relative to others’ in the league. In 2003 1300 was a decent Conference crowd. In 2022, with average crowds across the division having more than doubled in 20 years (1,370 in 01/02 vs 3,078 in 21/23), 1200 makes you a minnow.
Mikel Bee

Ajtheone04 wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 20:53 To top it all off TK seemed a much more visible presence to me and was even ball-boy behind the empty goal for a few
I think by that point TK realised he was going to need a second job to afford the clean sheet and win bonuses this season.

A very positive start to the campaign which went smoothly off the pitch too. Walker barely had a save to make. EMC scored and Hall was a very impactful sub. One on one situations Kabamba knows how to find the net.

Looking forward to seeing how this team develops. Feel like we are a couple of signings away from a potentially successful season if the majority can stay fit.
BGr

EMC played like a man with a point to prove today! Excellent. Wynter showed the quality we expected. Kabamba took both chances well (not 100% sure the first was off?) but MOM for me was Collinge - absolutely amazing performance, not a foot wrong.

Has to be said Halifax were poor.