Jerome Okimo

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tuesds

Re: Jerome Okimo

Beesting wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:14 Just odd that DB constantly went on about the thousands of players that will become available yet he just goes and gets former players. He's either struggling to lure the players he wants or the scouting just isnt up to scratch which shouldnt be the case as im sure we have a few scouts dotted over the uk.
The players whom he already knows are likely to be the low-hanging fruit relative to those who need a bit more convincing to work with him and to come to Barnet. I would hope that the final group of new signings would be more of a mix of his old charges and newly-identified players.
tolbinc

Beesting wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:14 Just odd that DB constantly went on about the thousands of players that will become available yet he just goes and gets former players. He's either struggling to lure the players he wants or the scouting just isnt up to scratch which shouldnt be the case as im sure we have a few scouts dotted over the uk.
I wonder how much of that is because TK is not keen on working with players agents, and it's possible that DB can deal directly with players he knows. Seems a pattern with us though as Kewell and Flowers had a similar approach.
tolbinc

Ajtheone04 wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:38
Beesting wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 10:47 Our back line seems horrifically slow.
This is perhaps the one worry I have, though collinge had the pace to play rb last season and if he loved 1 on 1s he hopefully has the pace to deal with quick wingers
Wonder if a switch to a 3cb formation is on the cards???
Centre backs, yes - but Beard and Thomas are quick enough.
Norfolkbee

tolbinc wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:53
I wonder how much of that is because TK is not keen on working with players agents, and it's possible that DB can deal directly with players he knows. Seems a pattern with us though as Kewell and Flowers had a similar approach.
Love them or loathe them, agents are an integral part of modern day football and TK has been around long enough to understand that, even if it doesn't suit him.
barnet_pls

tolbinc wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:55
Ajtheone04 wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:38
Beesting wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 10:47 Our back line seems horrifically slow.
This is perhaps the one worry I have, though collinge had the pace to play rb last season and if he loved 1 on 1s he hopefully has the pace to deal with quick wingers
Wonder if a switch to a 3cb formation is on the cards???
Centre backs, yes - but Beard and Thomas are quick enough.
Yes, l think defence is shaping up. With Beard & Thomas injury free, l think we'll be good. It's midfield & goals that will define whether we improve up the table or not. Midfield needs to block the way to defence (which it's parted like the red sea for at least 2 years) and provide foundation for attack & contribute goals...
DerekRocholl

jlay72 wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:00 On one hand i dont think its a bad thing to bring in people you've worked with and trust and more importantly want to be here. i think that's been the theme so far with our additions so hopefully we'll see more intensity and passion from the side which has been missing for the last 2 years. The issue is will these additions move us up the table? If you swap Taylor with Diarra is that an upgrade? My view would be yes. Is Michael Phillips an upgrade for our midfield. Yes.
I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see any of the signings we have made so far making us better than we were last season. However there is plenty of time for that to change and it is to be expected that it will take longer to sign the players who will make a real difference.
#Beebot

Prior to him joining us, Wealdstone fans said he was looking past his best.

An adequate and hopefully inexpensive backup option, but he really shouldn't be starting games.
john dockers shorts

It's more fun just reading Wealdstone fans comments on their forum. I believe the saying is living rent free in their heads....
gafferbee

Welcome Jerome.

These signings seem both solid and sobering at the same time. They're surely a bit of a recognition that it's hard to catapult the team from (frankly) a basket case to a top 7 outfit in one go. Build back the foundations this season, get a core of players who can bring respectability and win back the respect of the fans, and potentially – who knows! – raise the budget to a competitive level a year or two down the line. It's tough for us to swallow considering how long we've waiting for a good team, but frankly what's the point in TK blowing a load of cash on the team this summer when it's been built on sand?
11bee717

gafferbee wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 14:50 Welcome Jerome.

These signings seem both solid and sobering at the same time. They're surely a bit of a recognition that it's hard to catapult the team from (frankly) a basket case to a top 7 outfit in one go. Build back the foundations this season, get a core of players who can bring respectability and win back the respect of the fans, and potentially – who knows! – raise the budget to a competitive level a year or two down the line. It's tough for us to swallow considering how long we've waiting for a good team, but frankly what's the point in TK blowing a load of cash on the team this summer when it's been built on sand?
Exactly this.
jlay72

gafferbee wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 14:50 Welcome Jerome.

Great post. We need to be realistic for next season. I want to see be competitive in every game with players who want to play for the club bring some passion in. Progress for me to be honest would be 10th-12th and a good run in the FA trophy. Hopefully we won’t be thinking about relegation this year.
pokal02

...or even 15th-16th without the regular thrashings and maybe a cup run. Masses of work still to do. I'd even say signing a striker, although obviously necessary, is only our 3rd priority - I'd be less unhappy about Powell being a regular starter than Azaze or Thomas.
MCB

It's really odd, if any of our players out of contact joined Wealdstone I'd merely be happy they got a contract in the same league, well done them.

There's just not be an iota of malice from anyone, which indicates how little anyone really cares about our Ruislip neighbours.
Tuesds

MCB wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:04 It's really odd, if any of our players out of contact joined Wealdstone I'd merely be happy they got a contract in the same league, well done them.

There's just not be an iota of malice from anyone, which indicates how little anyone really cares about our Ruislip neighbours.
Speak for yourself - Medy Elito is dead to me!

God, it feels ridiculous even pretending.
pletch99

Tuesds wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:40 Speak for yourself - Medy Elito is dead to me!

God, it feels ridiculous even pretending.
Medy Elito was dead to me when he was a Barnet player...