Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

Always liked Jake Cole but he'll be 37 years old at the start of next season and can't now even get into the Gloucester City squad. One appearance since early Feb. Suspect his best days are well behind him.
Don't think I've ever seen Dillon Barnes play but he looks to have made few appearances anywhere, presumably only used as back up. We can do better.
Tuesds

I see there’s a major clear-out at Stevenage. Wouldn’t be surprised if Brennan was interested in signing goalkeeper Laurie Walker, who’s been transfer-listed. He was Brennan’s keeper at Hemel Hempstead for several years, and we were all set to sign him on loan last season from MK Dons before they sent him to Oldham instead at the last minute. We then signed Sargeant almost on the eve of the new season instead.

Walker had a 10 game loan spell at Aldershot earlier this season (made his debut at The Hive), and was very well-liked there.
Last edited by Tuesds on 10 May 2022, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Beesting

Would love Charlie Carter if his injuries have cleared up.
tolbinc

As goalkeepers go, I think Sam Sargeant could be worth a shout.

From what I hear, we'll be aiming for players aged 24-28 from the divisions below.
#Beebot

becbee wrote:If we could sign Fondop-Talom for just a month, great. His stats show that he's initially great then completely falls away.

At Wrexham he scored 5 goals in his first 9 matches then never scored again in the next 12 and was sent to Maidenhead.
I remember he was unstoppable for Chesterfield v us, his first 5 matches that season he scored 5 goals but then the wheels came off and he only scored 5 more for the rest of the season.
Last season he was at Hartlepool and Oldham but only twice from late November even managed to get into either squad.

So unless we want a lot of frustration, absolutely no thank you.
Fondop is notorious for his poor attitude. At Wrexham he was so far off pace in training he was sent for medical tests. The results came back normal with the conclusion that he was just lazy (!)
Tuesds

tolbinc wrote: 10 May 2022, 13:14 As goalkeepers go, I think Sam Sargeant could be worth a shout.

I see Sargeant’s been offered a new deal by Orient. In stark contrast to Stevenage’s huge list of 15 released players, Orient have only released two. That’s not to say more won’t leave if they turn down new contract offers, although those are obviously not the ones we’ll be in the market for, sadly.
#Beebot

Good players from our level and lower:

Josh Kelly (Maidenhead)
Will De Havilland (Maidenhead)
Aaron Kuhl (Slough)
Ravi Shamsi (Rushden)
Seb Bowerman (Bracknell)
Francis Amartey (Hayes & Yeading)
Tariq Hinds (Billericay)
letchbee94

WillesdenBee wrote: 10 May 2022, 09:33
Patel89 wrote: 10 May 2022, 07:35 Apart from his injury record I think charlie carter is a very good player released from stevenage
Come on mate. Anyone released from a poor Stevenage side should not be getting signed by us...
Agree however I will say how many players have we released in past as we thought was not good enough but then did well for a different club.
KevinBFC

Ross Marshall transfer listed.
magiovinium_bee

#Beebot wrote: 10 May 2022, 17:52 Good players from our level and lower:

Josh Kelly (Maidenhead)
Will De Havilland (Maidenhead)
Aaron Kuhl (Slough)
Ravi Shamsi (Rushden)
Seb Bowerman (Bracknell)
Francis Amartey (Hayes & Yeading)
Tariq Hinds (Billericay)
Ravi Shamsi has done his ACL so he would fit in perfectly….
ninestein

Some notable names departing Stevenage.
Tall CB Luke Prosser, who was once on trial with us. Stimson opted to keep Dan Leach instead who went on to be Steve Kabba's side-kick in the treatment room.

Midfielder Chris Lines played in the Bristol Rovers side which got promoted with us, although he's now 36 years of age.

Ed Upson is in his early 30's and might be an option. Captain Scott Cuthbert is another. Won this league with Luton.

Looking at raw up and coming talent is good, but we also need some experience and leaders in the dressing room too.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
barnet34

For the last 2 years we have brought in so many players on the cheap that have struggled to be injury free, this is just false economy and very frustrating. So it's much better to entice 6 players in with a decent wage than 10 players who will be missing half the season. It is a no brainer surely.
becbee

barnet34 wrote: 14 May 2022, 11:45 For the last 2 years we have brought in so many players on the cheap that have struggled to be injury free, this is just false economy and very frustrating. So it's much better to entice 6 players in with a decent wage than 10 players who will be missing half the season. It is a no brainer surely.
I doubt that Jamie Turley was brought in on the cheap yet he's been injured for much of the season.
Joe Widdowson would have had the same broken leg whatever wage we'd contracted him on.
Players signed on the cheap may be less competent or less committed but it doesn't make them more likely to suffer genuine injuries.
Tuesds

becbee wrote: 14 May 2022, 12:41
barnet34 wrote: 14 May 2022, 11:45 For the last 2 years we have brought in so many players on the cheap that have struggled to be injury free, this is just false economy and very frustrating. So it's much better to entice 6 players in with a decent wage than 10 players who will be missing half the season. It is a no brainer surely.
I doubt that Jamie Turley was brought in on the cheap yet he's been injured for much of the season.
Joe Widdowson would have had the same broken leg whatever wage we'd contracted him on.
Players signed on the cheap may be less competent or less committed but it doesn't make them more likely to suffer genuine injuries.
That’s all true, although arguably Turley wouldn’t have been available to us if he was less injury prone (consensus from Os fans seemed to be that he was definitely good enough for League 2, just too injury prone). Mind you the signing of Rob Hall was probably even riskier; he’s someone who’d have been literally out of our league if it weren’t for his fitness issues, yet he’s been fit for almost every match since he signed!
dawat

Surprised no one has suggested Mark McGhee recently released by Dundee! A much loved former member of our management team and totally reliable when it came to results and performances! :bash: :nonono: :shock: :wacko: :grrr: