Who should stay and who should go ?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Who should stay and who should go ?

Bee_Forever wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 13:00 I just hope German is a proper number 9.

We need a Kraut and Kraut striker

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
He should be hun gry for goals.
antbfc

Beesting wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:29 In the behind the bees video posted a few days ago when listing out players who were heavyweights in the boxing Brennan said German. So I'm putting two and two together to make five and say its the former Crawley striker Ricky German.
also played for hemel which basically makes it 90% confirmed :laugh:
PBBee

Well it’s not going to be Josh Kelly of Maidenhead as he’s just signed for Solihull
11bee717

PBBee wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 17:22 Well it’s not going to be Josh Kelly of Maidenhead as he’s just signed for Solihull
Apparently they have a ‘small’ budget!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

11bee717 wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 09:13
PBBee wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 17:22 Well it’s not going to be Josh Kelly of Maidenhead as he’s just signed for Solihull
Apparently they have a ‘small’ budget!

I understand the fee was “only” 100k
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Tuesds

thebeekeeper wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 11:00
Beesting wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:29 In the behind the bees video posted a few days ago when listing out players who were heavyweights in the boxing Brennan said German. So I'm putting two and two together to make five and say its the former Crawley striker Ricky German.
Great spot, you could well be right – Brennan seemed to suggest that the new striker would be more of a backup to Kabamba in his BeesPod interview, and German is probably at a level where he'd be happy with that squad status. Local (went to school in Harrow), 23, solid build, scored goals for fun at Hendon – sounds like exactly the sort of player we should be targeting.
Yes, although it seems he’s played very little football since 2018. He had a good half season down in the Southern League back in 2018, with Hendon. Crawley gave him a three-and-a-half year contract on the back of that, and it seems he’s barely played since. Last season Crawley sent him out on loan to Dulwich Hamlet and they sent him back after three sub appearances. Then he was loaned back to Hendon and made 1 start and 1 sub appearance.

In fairness I suppose he’s just the sort of player to whom you would give a trial, rather than signing up immediately, to see if he’s still got what he seemed to have a few years ago.
DSM

Splitting the team into 6 distinctive areas I think the good news is we are stronger in 4 and weaker in 2 only both of which have been identified.

Gk - everything we see and hear about Walker seems to be an improvement on Aston and crucially he has the experience and leadership we were crying out for. Given AA is on loan assume Callum will be our no 2, which will be great experience

Fullbacks - can’t imagine many NL clubs can beat our England C pairing of beard and wynter with Thomas and Okimo as back-up. Much stronger than we were last year

Centre backs - i think we are marginally weaker here albeit we’re a player short currently. Whilst collinge and Diarro seem like strong signings with Okimo as 4th choice the next signing needs to be of a good quality to match a fit Turley, Greenidge and BRE with H as back up

Midfield - Wes and H out, Gorman, Phillips and smith in. Close call but think a bit stronger going into this season with more depth with hopefully Woods and Flanagan to play much more of the season than they did last year and Hall having had a full pre-season

Wingers - keeping EMC, strengthening with Pritchard, loza and shields and only losing tasdemir is a definite move in a positive direction

CF - lost a 17-19 goal striker depending what stats you believe and brought in a forward with clear ability but not a proven scorer yet. Definitely weaker. Think it’s key the new striker is at least of a quality that he can seriously challenge to be a top half of the table no 1. Hope we don’t live to regret not trying to tie down Marriott with an offer more akin to our final offers earlier.

Overall excited and well placed. Can’t see us struggling for relegation, think we will be solid mid table, much better than last year unless we strike gold with our next 2 key signings
Sporting Barnet

Good summary which I agree. A variation on the question would be who is match fit and ready for first match of the season. More players ready than not with work required for Wynter, Phillips, Smith, Walsh and Azaze IMO. Interestingly last two due to go off on loan. Hopefully injury list also stays low.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MCB

Randomly, does anyone know what happened to Simeon Akinola?
john dockers shorts

Positives for me
Sam Beard back, he is quality and we missed both his defensive and attacking threat for big parts of last season.

Last season we were so devoid of attacking threat, just reliant on EMC and Hall. Adding Loza, Shields gives us much more.

Harry Taylor and Wes leaving brings to an end really players who have been part of a couple of disastrous seasons we need a different frame of mind.

If DB is right in recruitment of resilient stronger players we stand a chance of doing better than last season and hopefully actually liking our team again!
becbee

MCB wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 06:55 Randomly, does anyone know what happened to Simeon Akinola?
He's still at Southend but hasn't had much luck there. He lost his place in the team when Phil Brown became manager, I think he even lost his place in the squad due to differences between them. Brown was sacked last October so he got back into the team, only to shortly afterwards suffer a serious knee injury which kept him out for the rest of last season. Then earlier this month in his return to the team he was off before half time with a hamstring injury.
He signed for 2 years with an option for a third, I don't think Southend have exercised the option so unclear whether they now will if he's going to be out injured again?
Tuesds

becbee wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 07:26
MCB wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 06:55 Randomly, does anyone know what happened to Simeon Akinola?
He's still at Southend but hasn't had much luck there. He lost his place in the team when Phil Brown became manager, I think he even lost his place in the squad due to differences between them. Brown was sacked last October so he got back into the team, only to shortly afterwards suffer a serious knee injury which kept him out for the rest of last season. Then earlier this month in his return to the team he was off before half time with a hamstring injury.
He signed for 2 years with an option for a third, I don't think Southend have exercised the option so unclear whether they now will if he's going to be out injured again?
He was released by Southend at the end of last season, so he is a free agent. Southend invited him back to train with them in pre-season, but his injury in that friendly match has probably scuppered any chance of a new deal with them.

I imagine it’ll be hard for him to get a deal anywhere due to his injury record, which I expect would put Brennan off him.

Hope he signs somewhere and gets back to form.
BGr

In the boxing video DB also says Moyo - David Moyo formerly of Hamilton Accies? Zimbabwe international. Free agent, formerly of St Albans also

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyo
#Beebot

BGr wrote:In the boxing video DB also says Moyo - David Moyo formerly of Hamilton Accies? Zimbabwe international. Free agent, formerly of St Albans also

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyo
On paper that would actually be an OK signing (I haven't seen him play though)
rudebwoyben

Moyo has been ok for Hamilton Accies in the SPL and Championship (which is about NL standard). He’s not that different from Kabamba in style though. I do say that he comes across well in interviews and he’s been quite driven in his career.