What you would like us to look into?

MCB

Re: What you would like us to look into?

JWTBee wrote:
MCB wrote:
becbee wrote:The scoreboard / clock please.
I promise you we're hot onto that - red hot :D
Any update on the scoreboard/clock? :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I'd really like to give you an update but I can't, but remain hopeful I can soon...
alexbach

MCB wrote:
alexbach wrote:Has the new organisation affiliated with FSA ( formerly FSF)

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Nope, no formal affiliations as yet. Intention is to have that in place for when elections are held at the end of the season so whoever steps into the roles will not have to worry about such things. Also gives us time to look at all models and affiliations etc
OK but in the New year people start attending the south east meeting s. I found them helpful and informative

alexbach

These are theyImage

b4life

alexbach wrote:These are theyImage

We're looking into this
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
eastbarnetsupporter

shankbee01 wrote:Hi folks, apologise if this isn’t the right place to post this, I have an idea for legends bar. Could we have Barnet games (preferably highlights) running on a screen or two on constant loop throughout the match day. I was recently given a bunch of Barnet VHS’s that I have no use for but before I offer them away, we could convert them to digital, cut out the nonsense and make a loop. Added with some of the better quality YouTube stuff of us I think we have enough to make something that isn’t too repetitive, we could even make 3 or 4 different versions with different orders to avoid fatigue.

I think it would generate nice talking points from ‘I was there’, ‘do you remember that’ ‘now he was a player’ rather than people just gazing into soccer Saturday (there’s enough screens to have both running).

I’m a video editor by trade so could lend a hand if this was something you wanted to pursue, I realise it’s probably not too high up the list but I think it would add to the experience, maybe it’s a terrible idea!

Cheers,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love this idea.

There was an Italia football themed bar in Camberwell called Golazo (since moved to Leeds) that showed old games from Channel 4 in the 90s on repeat on the screen. You could even request them at the bar. Was a really cool idea and who wouldn't want to see Grazioli lobbing the keeper again after all these years?
barnetpete

Golazio was such a great bar. Hadn’t realised it had moved to Leeds

The old SA got the club to show the old games in the pavilion bar for a while but they only did it for a few weeks sadly. Now though that it’s easier to turn and host footage on digital platforms such as YouTube it would be so much easier to do.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
b4life

An interesting idea Barnetpete. thanks. Maybe one for the future.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Roy57

Have read many posts on forum asking if club intend to show pictures of the construction of the new South stand. But as far as I can see this has not been answered. Can you confirm with meetings or could it be raised if this can be done ?.
Don't expect pictures every few days but pictures every two weeks of so would be nice for supporters who for what ever reason cannot make games. As know supporters with disability or illness and work commitments can not attend games as much as they would like. Would be nice if the club would of answered the posts asking this question regarding picture update of the work being carried out.
Also as added idea, once the club has dismantled Wealdstone's old stand I would suggest the club hires huge container vehicle to take the remains and give it back to Wealdstone. There pitch would be good place to drop it off or if not possible then there car park. Lol
thebeekeeper

I don't know if this is already on the Supporters' Association's agenda, but I wonder if it's worth looking into whether we can resurrect matchday audio commentary for next season.

The days of having a more professional set-up where we pay a proper commentator probably won't be returning, but I've noticed that other clubs at this level use https://mixlr.com/, where all you need is an internet connection to broadcast live.

As someone who is based abroad, I find it incredibly frustrating having to tune into local commentary from other teams, rather than our own. It's also unfathomable that we seem to be one of only two or three clubs unable to provide some kind of service.

Could this perhaps even be supporter organised, if the club has no desire to bring it back? Maybe Barnet could put out a website article looking for volunteers – all they'd need to do is provide accreditation to the matches.

Just thought it was worth mentioning before the new season gets under way.
becbee

Good idea but I'd say it would be worth spreading the net a bit further afield than just Barnet supporters. It's a very good way for an ambitious person to break into journalism / radio.
Having a supporter do it is a nice idea but some of those I've heard covering our opponents suggests the keenest fans are not necessarily the best commentators. But of course, they could be brilliant at it!
thebeekeeper

becbee wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 07:56 Good idea but I'd say it would be worth spreading the net a bit further afield than just Barnet supporters. It's a very good way for an ambitious person to break into journalism / radio.
Having a supporter do it is a nice idea but some of those I've heard covering our opponents suggests the keenest fans are not necessarily the best commentators. But of course, they could be brilliant at it!
A good suggestion I think – I believe the club has links with University of Football Business, who may well be able to provide somebody who is keen. I wonder if it may need to be a pool of people, as the travel commitments are obviously quite a lot for a full season.

That was part of my thinking with it being a supporter – the club may well not pay expenses, so perhaps it would need to be someone keen on going anyway.
Tuesds

I’ve posted this in the Eastleigh match thread on the general forum in response to someone wondering whether the Family Stand area (ie the East Stand to the south of the dugouts) would continue to be opened after it was in use on Monday, and realised I should post it here because I’ve been meaning to raise it:

It was notable that Brennan mentioned it (the Family Stand area being occupied) specifically in his post-match interview (from about 01:50 here https://youtu.be/VZi4_YEggZY) when he talking about how it was the first time since here been here that it’s felt like a ‘proper game of football’ at The Hive.

I’ve been meaning to suggest to the BFCSA that they encourage the club to re-open the Family Stand in an attempt to engender some goodwill with fans, increase the choice available to fans both existing and in particular new and to improve the atmosphere by making a 2-and-a-half sided ground into a 3-sided ground.

To really generate that goodwill and to improve the negative perception of the club as expensive amongst potential supporters, and in recognition of the fact that the accommodation is just not as good as in the Legends Stand (shallow, little/no cover, no bar access etc.) I think it would need to be priced a little cheaper. Perhaps £18 for adults and just £2 or £3 or so for kids (as the family stand, after all)?

That’s still more than we charged for that area previously, and the evidence of that period is that it didn’t displace people from the West Stand (ie we didn’t lose revenue by offering cheaper tickets than in Legends Stand), while it did allow the club to present a more inclusive, affordable offer to potential new supporters.

ENDS

I expect the club may say that opening that area costs more than it generates, due to the need for stewards and staff in the tea bar etc., but it feels like not opening it represents an opportunity cost in the form of people who could be encouraged to attend by a slightly cheaper ‘entry point’ matchday price (especially with the deepening cost of living crisis this winter and the impact it’ll have on discretionary spending like going to the football!). Plus, now we’ve got our popular first team manager on record as highlighting the positive difference it makes to the atmosphere to have people in the family stand!
North Finchley Bee

Hi there, any news on the catering front - will it be the same for Southend as it was for Eastleigh? Thanks,
Lord Bee

Is there any possibility the SA could look into the feasibility of running a supporters coach for 1 game as a trial. I’m thinking the Notts County game on 26th November. Start at Barnet, then Hive then returning via Barnet and ending at the Hive. Perhaps an email to members just to see if there is any interest at an average cost of say £25? (£30 standard £20 under 21s etc). I got a very rough quote online and 50 people would be £1,250 which should be just enough for the hire ? Realise the problem is about getting people to confirm well before the date so deposit and balance can be paid.
11bee717

Lord Bee wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 16:57 Is there any possibility the SA could look into the feasibility of running a supporters coach for 1 game as a trial. I’m thinking the Notts County game on 26th November. Start at Barnet, then Hive then returning via Barnet and ending at the Hive. Perhaps an email to members just to see if there is any interest at an average cost of say £25? (£30 standard £20 under 21s etc). I got a very rough quote online and 50 people would be £1,250 which should be just enough for the hire ? Realise the problem is about getting people to confirm well before the date so deposit and balance can be paid.
Like this idea a lot, and we could take ideas from how Daggers run. If there aren’t enough takers then the coach isn’t booked it’s as simple as that, but many fans would appreciate the option. A 37 seater coach from Southgate and Finchley coaches would be filled for sure on a lot of journeys