Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
JWTBee

Re: Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

And they all saw a fairly good game
If you think that was only a "fairly" good game I would like to know what could be much better! Apart from a Bees win of course! Anyone coming to the Hive for the first time yesterday would surely want to return! Let's hope so anyway.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
wearebees

It was an amazing game and and excellent performance especially in the second half. Tactically very interesting too. Both teams on their backs at the final whistle, and I felt knackered too!
becbee

wearebees wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 10:53 It was an amazing game and and excellent performance especially in the second half. Tactically very interesting too. Both teams on their backs at the final whistle, and I felt knackered too!
Exactly this.

And for the upset Notts fans - let's hope we can put on a repeat performance v Wrexham, but with a win then!
DSM

What a game! Last home match again notts we started with Thomas, Payne, Brundle and Doherty with tasdemir coming on as our great hope for the season. In fact only Flanagan survives.

First half we looked like when we had the confidence to attack we could cause problems but they should have been a couple up. Second half we were great. Kabamba, especially whilst the sole striker scared the life out of them. Point was fair.

With regard to the play-offs and this may sound strange. I think playing them at their home may be preferable to Wembley as on such a huge pitch likely with better weather they will tire any opposition and ping it around with the opposition chasing shadows. Defensively they are there for the taking though.

The sign of how well we played was their manager in his post match interviews normally goes overboard praising the likes of Eastleigh or dorking in defeat, he said very little about us yesterday and was genuinely downbeat conceding the title.

Finally feeling really optimistic now. That Yeovil win was so key. We have 2 quality right backs available for next week and Revan and Collinge back. For me Revan is absolute quality. He hadn’t played for 2 months and fitted in seamlessly. Despite his injury history he’s one id take a punt on next season.
JWTBee

All the players were immense yesterday & gave their absolute all to the cause as we could see at the final whislte.What a fantastic group they are! But I would like to give a special shout-out to our 2 loanees - Potter & Cropper - both were brilliant!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
becbee

Potter must have wondered what had hit him - not exactly the same as playing U23 football where development is more important than the result.

Both Potter and Cropper have shown the advantages to everybody when the loanees embrace their loans.
Roy57

We all are aware that the BBC and not see Wrexham and Notts County as teams in the National league, but even they took this to a new height, there report on our game yesterday was a joke at best, apart from our goal by Kanu we never got a mention and in the second half according to the BBC report "Notts continued to pile on the pressure but could not find the winner", dear God what game were they reporting of were did they get this information from, second half there was only one team piling on the pressure for the winner and it most certaintly was not Notts County.
hoppy

erichitchmo wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 11:29 DSH write up from my esteemed colleague.
Enjoyable read.
PBBee

JWTBee wrote:
And they all saw a fairly good game
If you think that was only a "fairly" good game I would like to know what could be much better! Apart from a Bees win of course! Anyone coming to the Hive for the first time yesterday would surely want to return! Let's hope so anyway.
Exactly! Any 1 of those 3/4 golden chances being taken in the 2nd half would’ve seen a rocking Hive.

Hopefully gives us confidence if we do end up meeting in the play offs. Brennan said we played too deep 1st half but I’m sure (as their manager alluded to) we were trying to save energy & avoid a repeat of Meadow lane whilst also riding our luck as they were brilliant 1st half.
timbee

Roy57 wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 15:59 We all are aware that the BBC and not see Wrexham and Notts County as teams in the National league, but even they took this to a new height, there report on our game yesterday was a joke at best, apart from our goal by Kanu we never got a mention and in the second half according to the BBC report "Notts continued to pile on the pressure but could not find the winner", dear God what game were they reporting of were did they get this information from, second half there was only one team piling on the pressure for the winner and it most certaintly was not Notts County.
To be fair to the BBC the report on our game, like many other National League games, has the byline “Match report supplied by PA Media” so the complaint should probably be aimed at the PA on this occasion.
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion
WillesdenBee

Just watched the second half back on NL TV, looked like a penalty on Senior to be honest! No idea how we didn't score any of the chances we created in the second half, could've had 4 or 5 goals really!