Hive car park

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WhetstoneBee

Hive car park

What a complete disgrace. Fans trapped for almost an hour and a half after the game ended because of the utter shambles of the system they’ve introduced, with number plate recognition that doesn’t work. Southend fans were taking to Twitter to beg the club to let them out, but of course we know our club is too focused on how to milk its own supporters for more and more money while offering up a worse and worse experience. No wonder more and more are staying away - it’s bad enough having to watch a performance like tonight’s 90 minutes without then having to sit in the car park for the same length of time afterwards. Sort it out Tony - you’re running this club into the ground.
ETBee

Re: Hive car park

Take a hack saw and set of bolt croppers. Imprisoning people against their will is illegal so a bit of constructive vandalism is allowed.
#Beebot

You could hear the horns during the Brennan interview on YT.
jamiefrbees

We were there until 10.45pm, however when we finally got to the front and asked what had caused the hold up they said away fans had come to the barriers to leave without having paid. Not sure if that's the whole story.

Either way. Absolute joke and only at Barnet. My first and only visit to the Dive this season.
CrawleyBee

jamiefrbees wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 07:18 We were there until 10.45pm, however when we finally got to the front and asked what had caused the hold up they said away fans had come to the barriers to leave without having paid. Not sure if that's the whole story.

Either way. Absolute joke and only at Barnet. My first and only visit to the Dive this season.
That might be the case but why should everyone who has paid suffer ? And why make the system so bloody complicated. You’re right one thing after another.
Formerly Watfordbee
Mickbee

This is why I don't use it. I would rather limp on my walking stick for 10 minutes. Embarrassing. There should be a manual release.
john dockers shorts

I has the double whammy!

Caught in bizarre gridlocked traffic at Apex which I can't even explain how? 2 Road closures on surrounding roads. Missed 35mins. Parked first time ever in Hive. I was aware its a bitch to get out so got in car ASAP but still took 20 mins or so to go through with guys managing exit.

So I struggled to get in on time and then struggled to get out lol
PBBee

Wow - so glad we left 5 mins early (still took 15 mins to get out!!).

Luckily I checked the roads when leaving & went through mill hill completely avoiding apex corner - arrived 2 mins into the game. As above had to use the car park as running late.

Absolute bloody madness this system currently, didn’t they have staff with a card machine at the front previously. Why not just make the site exit only for 15 mins around the end of the game so we can use both exits. Then you need a 2nd scan which people seem to get stuck at too (although we just use the entry lane as the barrier is up at least).

We finally managed to set up the online system to auto charge a card but expect that might not work on Saturday.
chesbee

I mentioned these problems on the 29th October after the Scunthorpe game, had hoped that someone from the club would have read my post and comments received
becbee

I have never understood why the members car park closed, all that it cost the club was the time of a man standing by the barrier pre and post match. I also never understood why the cost of the main car park was increased to an outrageous £8. Presumably to finance the purchase of this barrier system which clearly doesn't work?

I appreciate that some fans have mobility issues and that away fans won't know the area so often prefer to use an on-site car park - but for everybody else, why use such an expensive and inefficient car park when there's ample free on street parking nearby?
hoofer2

I have not parked in car park for a while favouring around Canons Park instead - is there an option to swipe card / google pay / apple pay if not paid on exit?
foxy

I cant undertstand why so many people still use the car park!! Park in the street and walk for 10 minutes!!

We should arrange a car park boycott!
#Beebot

foxy wrote:I cant undertstand why so many people still use the car park!! Park in the street and walk for 10 minutes!!

We should arrange a car park boycott!
Agree. Still continually amazed by the number of people who use the car park. There isn't exactly a lack of parking in the streets around the Hive. Haven't paid for parking in years
pauln50

I haven't been for two years because of I'll health and nearly always parked outside the ground, but if its charged using anpr then why do they even need exit barriers?
Roy57

I have no idea why the barriers are not lifted into the raised position at the final whistle. It's not hard, I have worked with various barriers that are opened when a card is scanned against a reader. All three types I have encounter can either controlled from control room, or at the barrier itself which would mean a member of staff actually leaving there office and walking to the car park barrier to do so. Unless this is yet another poor buy from Dodgy barriers R us.