Solihull Moors (Away) The Blythe Spirit Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BEEGONE

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Blythe Spirit Match Thread

On paper a good result.

Still need a quality striker to be safe which lets be honest isn’t going to happen this far into a season.
Roy57

I do agree with DB post match interview, yes it is frustrating we are not putting away these great chances the team are creating, but players such as Kabamba are getting in the right place to miss these chances, I am sure he and others as it is not just Nicky missing these chances, but agree that when these players are not in the right place is a time to worry, as many posts have said we would of excepted a point before the start, and as there commentary said ( which was yet another good one ) that Kabamba was causing them problems all game. Congratulations to all the players, Dean and his coaching staff, most supporters will except wins, draws and even losses if players are giving 100%, showing ability and desire and you cannot deny there not doing this.
#Beebot

Just need competition for Kabamba really. Business that should have been done weeks ago.
BeesKnees99

Blimey, Aldershot have really turned a corner. Just goes to show what can happen when you have actual strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#Beebot

BeesKnees99 wrote:Blimey, Aldershot have really turned a corner. Just goes to show what can happen when you have actual strikers.

Their attack is actually very decent. A much stronger squad for them this season on paper.
becbee

IMO we deserved a point v Aldershot and Dorking, if we'd won today I'd have felt 3 points from 3 matches was fair enough. Just looking at today in isolation, I'd have thought that a draw was a fair result - if it hadn't been for the penalty save. Gorman didn't strike the ball hard enough but the keeper maybe moved too soon. Poor Gorman looked so gutted at the end but nobody misses on purpose. Even if it is hard not to feel gutted that it probably cost us the win.

Poor Kanu looked heartbroken coming off injured. Hope it's not serious.

All in all, a decent performance against a side who will be up there at the end of the season. We can be disappointed but we should remain positive for the season as a whole.
Roy57

BeesKnees99 wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 18:21 Blimey, Aldershot have really turned a corner. Just goes to show what can happen when you have actual strikers.

Glad you add posts,as I and others cannot be accused of being the clubs biggest moaners or mostnegative supporter. Lol
Roy57

Will be interesting to hear views of those who were at the game today, but just listened to post match interview from Solihull who said " there keeper pulled of some world class saves and it was probably the best goal keeping from a away side I have seen in many years"
Not for the first time this season Laurie Walker has proved not only what a top keeper he is but also the importance of having such a keeper is to a club. Yes we did miss chances but to go to a club that has started well and will be in or around play offs shows the huge improvement in our squad, belief, hunger, determination and desire is shown in abundancs, if we can just finish these chances the whole team are creating then maybe just maybe reaching the play offs will not be a pipe dream. I posted that I felt we would finish mid to top half but if Dean can get this squad to show this desire every week then who knows.
becbee

Laurie Walker didn't put a foot wrong but I find it strange that the Solihull manager is quite so impressed. His comment gives the impression of one way traffic which certainly wasn't the case. Walker had less to do today than he has done in some other matches.
But yes, it is good to have a solid keeper, also the support he gets from the players in front of him
moortownbee

becbee wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 19:53 Laurie Walker didn't put a foot wrong but I find it strange that the Solihull manager is quite so impressed. His comment gives the impression of one way traffic which certainly wasn't the case. Walker had less to do today than he has done in some other matches.
But yes, it is good to have a solid keeper, also the support he gets from the players in front of him

I'm guessing he didn't mention Solihull keeper got MOM?
WillesdenBee

Vlog from today's game. So many chances missed from Barnet today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRdvf-K2ObE
PurleyBee

becbee wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 19:53 Laurie Walker didn't put a foot wrong but I find it strange that the Solihull manager is quite so impressed. His comment gives the impression of one way traffic which certainly wasn't the case. Walker had less to do today than he has done in some other matches.
Is a tactic many managers use when they know it hasn't been there day, usually blame the officials or throw praise at the opposing goalie this takes pressure off his players and makes the people that couldn't make the game think that Solihull were in control and should have won the game. Ferguson was a master of it with the media and many have followed
Reckless

moortownbee wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 20:45

I'm guessing he didn't mention Solihull keeper got MOM?
If this decision is made by corporate guests like it used to at Underhill it means very little. The dozens of times I had a meal in the Durham and was asked to vote for MOM, I always said Nicky. There was one occasion when our tables all voted for the great man as the vote counter was on her first day. She came back about 5 minutes later apologising that our candicate wasn't playing that day!
letchbee94

Was really good game to watch with both teams creating chances.
Have to say draw was fair result but missing us missing the penalty did make it feel like 2 points dropped.

As for their penalty I have just seen highlights from BT sports and watched it several times and even slow motioned it I'm not sure if the foul was inside area very hard to tell but it was close on the line.
letchbee94

becbee wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 19:53 Laurie Walker didn't put a foot wrong but I find it strange that the Solihull manager is quite so impressed. His comment gives the impression of one way traffic which certainly wasn't the case.
Yea agree it was open game.