Woking (Away) The Match Thread Flushed With Success

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Woking (Away) The Match Thread Flushed With Success

So.…. Saturday sees the bees travel to Surrey to take on the Cardinals from Woking in our latest Bananarama fixture.

After Barnet got Tuesday off for Macclesfield's bad behaviour we find ourselves in the rare position of being more rested than our opposition and with a settled squad playing well under our interim head coach.

Woking have had something of a quirky season winning 8 and losing 8 but with no draws which is odd for a team nicknamed the cards. While it will not be a full house on Saturday, Woking do deserve plaudits for being part time and on 24 points at this stage in the season, when many would have put them together with Dover and Aldershot as three of a kind doomed for relegation straight to the NLS. With Inih Effiong and Tom Champion among their ranks they retain the strong ex-Barnet link we often see at Woking.

On to Barnet and after a dominant first half we struggled to maintain it in the second half and we were indebted to the effervescent Ephron Mason-Clarke to getting us back ahead. Brennan now has 17 points from 8 games and the job is surely his for the asking should he want it.

In terms of team lineup we wait to see whether Woods and Flanagan will make it after picking up knocks against the gulls. If they do not make it this is how I would approach it.

--------------------------Oxenthorpe------------------------------

--Turley----Richards-Everton-----Greenidge------Beard-----

-------------------Brundle---------Taylor-------------------------

----Mason-Clarke---------Fonguck-------------Marriott---------

------------------------Bloomfield----------------------------------

Subs: Thomas, Askew, De Haviland, Powell, Hall

I am doing this one by train, looking forward to my first away game in a month. COYB's :Drink1:
rudebwoyben

Re: Woking (Away) The Match Thread Flushed With Success

Bee_Forever wrote:So.…. Saturday sees the bees travel to Surrey to take on the Cardinals from Woking in our latest Bananarama fixture.

After Barnet got Tuesday off for Macclesfield's bad behaviour we find ourselves in the rare position of being more rested than our opposition and with a settled squad playing well under our interim head coach.

Woking have had something of a quirky season winning 8 and losing 8 but with no draws which is odd for a team nicknamed the cards. While it will not be a full house on Saturday, Woking do deserve plaudits for being part time and on 24 points at this stage in the season, when many would have put them together with Dover and Aldershot as three of a kind doomed for relegation straight to the NLS. With Inih Effiong and Tom Champion among their ranks they retain the strong ex-Barnet link we often see at Woking.

On to Barnet and after a dominant first half we struggled to maintain it in the second half and we were indebted to the effervescent Ephron Mason-Clarke to getting us back ahead. Brennan now has 17 points from 8 games and the job is surely his for the asking should he want it.

In terms of team lineup we wait to see whether Woods and Flanagan will make it after picking up knocks against the gulls. If they do not make it this is how I would approach it.

I am doing this one by train, looking forward to my first away game in a month. COYB's :Drink1:
And Craig Ross!
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote:So.…. Saturday sees the bees travel to Surrey to take on the Cardinals from Woking in our latest Bananarama fixture.

Are you aware of the Tube strike?
Bee_Forever

jerroll wrote:

It's going to knock out the Victoria line in the evening but other lines seem ok.

Just seen De Hamilton has been sent out on loan to Hayes and Yeading.

Cracking signing that when we have Harry Taylor at right back no legs in midfield and a strike force with the attacking returns of the Swiss navy.

Misrated takes his place on my bench.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
pgbee

Against Horsham, Woking played three at the back, they were a big side, Diarra is huge , didn't offer much going forward but we're well organised.
b4life

If Woods and Flanagan don't make it, I expect it will be

--Thomas----Turley-----Greenidge------Beard-----

----Mason-Clarke---------Fonguck-------------Hall-------------

------------------------Marriott----------------------------------

How I'd love to see at least one half of Marriott and Bloomfield together though, I thought they looked good together.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
DerekRocholl

Is there a reason why Aston Oxborough is being called Oxenthorpe ?
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote:
jerroll wrote:

It's going to knock out the Victoria line in the evening but other lines seem ok.

Just seen De Hamilton has been sent out on loan to Hayes and Yeading.

Cracking signing that when we have Harry Taylor at right back no legs in midfield and a strike force with the attacking returns of the Swiss navy.

Misrated takes his place on my bench.

i misread article about times of strike, only looks like night tube hours!
I
Bee_Forever

DerekRocholl wrote:Is there a reason why Aston Oxborough is being called Oxenthorpe ?
Another running joke after becbee queried why I called him posh goalie on another thread. Next week he will be oxtail or oxenholme or something like that.

Misrated is also an anagram of Tasdemir whose name spelling I have also been picked up on.

Small acts of pettiness on my part to keep myself amused.

CambsBee

Bee_Forever wrote:
DerekRocholl wrote:Is there a reason why Aston Oxborough is being called Oxenthorpe ?
Another running joke after becbee queried why I called him posh goalie on another thread. Next week he will be oxtail or oxenholme or something like that.

Misrated is also an anagram of Tasdemir whose name spelling I have also been picked up on.

It is too subtle for me! :D but I appreciate the explanation :y:
DerekRocholl

Bee_Forever wrote:

Thanks for explaining. Good to know bovine humour is alive a flourishing :Drink1:
DerekRocholl

Bee_Forever wrote:

Thanks for explaining. Good to know bovine humour is alive and flourishing :Drink1:
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 25 Nov 2021, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Tuesds

Talking of Oxborough, is it just me or was he was alarmingly shaky under any aerial balls into the box last Saturday? I’ve only seen him a few times - others might have a better idea if that was an off-day in that respect or if it seems to be an ongoing trait. Didn’t cost us on the day, of course, and he played his part in the victory via a couple of decent saves from efforts on goal.
Bee_Forever

No he looked very shaky. Given our first choice and second choice keeper are fit and our defence is looking more stable maybe it's time to give them a try.

JWTBee

Bee_Forever wrote:No he looked very shaky. Given our first choice and second choice keeper are fit and our defence is looking more stable maybe it's time to give them a try.

Who are our first and second choice keepers? I have no idea!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!