Chesterfield (Hive) The Chelsea Haggered Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Chesterfield (Hive) The Chelsea Haggered Match Thread

So....Saturday sees the Bees return to Bananarama action to take on high flying Chesterfield.

Chesterfield suffered a heavy defeat in the FA Cup to the European Champions while we struggled past Ashford in the county Cup although I am sure we would have gladly switched places.

After struggling initially with limited managers Chesterfield have found their feet at this level and with the canny signings of Loach and Tshimanga they have added quality at both ends of the pitch. With three games in hand and one defeat all season they will be looking to regain top spot in the coming weeks.

While Chesterfield have been in in-spired form recently, it is difficult to stay in font for the whole season and it would not altar my view of them as promotion favourites just because they kneeler couple of wins. It would take a nave man to bet against them and aisle certainly not be doing that.

That being said the return of Powell and Mason-Clark is a massive shot in the arm to us as an attacking force.

The only question for me is whether we start with Marriott or Fonguck in our front 3. I have gone with Maz as I think Powell is more comfortable as the wide striker so:-

---------------------------Oxborough------------------------------

-------Thomas----Turley----Greenidge----Beard------

---------------Hall---------Taylor-------Brundle--------------

--------Powell---------Marriott------Mason-Clark------

Subs: Askew, Woods, Fonguck, Bloomfield, Tasdemir

I am missing this one due to a prior commitment which was in place before the short notice rearranging of this game. Should be an interesting barometer for how far Brennan has improved things.

COYBS

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
WillesdenBee

Re: Chesterfield (Hive) The Chelsea Haggered Match Thread

3 at the back would be ideal for this game against their ridiculously good forward line. We have the centre halves and wing backs to do it and it would also give us an outlet on the counter attack. My Teams:

Aston
Turley Greenidge BRE
Thomas Brundle Taylor Beard
EMC Powell Hall

Pace going forward, width with the wing backs and 3 man mountains at centre half. Could have Taylor or Woods in the side but still think we need Brundle to have a bit of a box to box player in there as well to join the attack. Asante, Tshimanga and Khan are all massive threats but I am hoping this will be a pretty end to end game. Just gotta hope we produce the goods when we do get forward
jerroll

They play 352/343 so could be an idea to match up with them.
Patel89

WillesdenBee wrote:3 at the back would be ideal for this game against their ridiculously good forward line. We have the centre halves and wing backs to do it and it would also give us an outlet on the counter attack. My Teams:

Aston
Turley Greenidge BRE
Thomas Brundle Taylor Beard
EMC Powell Hall

Pace going forward, width with the wing backs and 3 man mountains at centre half. Could have Taylor or Woods in the side but still think we need Brundle to have a bit of a box to box player in there as well to join the attack. Asante, Tshimanga and Khan are all massive threats but I am hoping this will be a pretty end to end game. Just gotta hope we produce the goods when we do get forward
Love this set up - minus probably widdowson this is our strongest team we can put out makes it interesting
pletch99

I'd be surprised in Powell started. Expect him to be on the bench.
becbee

pletch99 wrote:I'd be surprised in Powell started. Expect him to be on the bench.
Ditto. No point in risking his long term recovery. Hopefully we'll bring him on for a cameo 30 minutes and if all's well after that, hope for a longer appearance at Notts County.
BeeinBristol

becbee wrote:
pletch99 wrote:I'd be surprised in Powell started. Expect him to be on the bench.
Ditto. No point in risking his long term recovery. Hopefully we'll bring him on for a cameo 30 minutes and if all's well after that, hope for a longer appearance at Notts County.
Seconded. Especially as Powell has already played this week albeit for 30 mins. Personally i would like to see Bloomfield start with Powell Marriot on the bench.
JWTBee

BeeinBristol wrote:
becbee wrote:
Seconded. Especially as Powell has already played this week albeit for 30 mins. Personally i would like to see Bloomfield start with Powell Marriot on the bench.
Pete - I doubt that is going to happen! See you tomorrow!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
WillesdenBee

JWTBee wrote:
BeeinBristol wrote:
becbee wrote:
Pete - I doubt that is going to happen! See you tomorrow!
When Bloomfield has played, albeit not much, he has not imposed himself enough to start as a number 9 for us. Does not hold the ball up as well as Marriott despite being about a foot taller!
ETBee

DB plays Bloomfield up front on the left wing and Oxborough is told to just hoof it up to him which is rarely productive. Relying on him every time to head the ball to a team mate is asking too much. He's good at holding the ball with his feet so I think he should play more centrally and closer to Marriott. Marriott will only be effective when he forms a partnership.
JWTBee

ETBee wrote:DB plays Bloomfield up front on the left wing and Oxborough is told to just hoof it up to him which is rarely productive. Relying on him every time to head the ball to a team mate is asking too much. He's good at holding the ball with his feet so I think he should play more centrally and closer to Marriott. Marriott will only be effective when he forms a partnership.
Spot on on both counts!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Roy57

In Brennan's pre match interview he said that two deals for players fell through at the last minute. Has anyone heard who these two players might of been. Assuming either striker or midfield players.
MCB

Formation?! Powell up front?

Edit - scrap my formation, apparently you're not allowed to play EMC twice

Sam Woods play RB for Crystal Palace - but we havn't put him there, but I get the feeling Brennan prefers a back 5. Can't see Rob Hall as having enough energy as Wing Back. But Harry can.

------------Ox
----Taylor--Turley--Greenidge
Woods -- ------------ ------- -- Beard
--------------Brundle
Hall---------------------------EMC
--------------Wes
--------------Powell

As a guess?
Last edited by MCB on 15 Jan 2022, 14:17, edited 3 times in total.
Roy57

So neither of our two main strikers are starting. Both on bench. Hope starting Powell does not back fire and he gets injured and resulting him been out for long stretch.
Looking at the starting 11, is Brennan going 4-4-2

Taylor - Greenidge -Turkey -Beard
Hall - Brundle - Woods - Fonguck
Powell - Mason Clark