Back to Barnet Situation

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mike_p

Re: Back to Barnet Situation

If they need parts, they could take them from the other scoreboard. I'd rather have the east stand one working, as that's the way almost everyone is looking (apart from TK)
TorME

Last edited by TorME on 08 Dec 2021, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
TorME

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Thanks for all the replies and historical timelines. I remember as a kid seeing a design of South Underhill, not sure if that's still available online somewhere.

Of course, we do have to look forward, and the last few weeks have been an all too rare moment of joy. I fully appreciate The Hive and what it means for the club, and how things could have been so much worse.
These ones?
http://mollatt.com/BFC-Proposal-04.pdf
http://mollatt.com/BFC-Proposal-05.pdf
eastbarnetsupporter

Those ones indeed! Thanks.

Would have been so cool to have kept Underhill with just the Main Stand remaining for community events and youth finals etc. Imagine grabbing a pint at The Weaver, walking past Old Underhill on matchday on route to the new ground. Oh well.....
ricardobee

As has been said, not going to happen whilst this owner is in situ.
An AFC Barnet team might happen back in our home town if the name of Barnet F.C. is changed to something more appropriate to the area where it is now. If attendances don't improve it might happen. Who knows?
hoppy

ricardobee wrote:As has been said, not going to happen whilst this owner is in situ.
An AFC Barnet team might happen back in our home town if the name of Barnet F.C. is changed to something more appropriate to the area where it is now. If attendances don't improve it might happen. Who knows?
I would suggest that it is more likely a move back to Barnet will happen with TK in charge rather than anyone else.
I can't see anyone who takes over the Club being remotely interested in spending millions of pounds on top of his purchase price just so that we play our matches in Barnet. The attraction for any future purchaser is surely a ready made stadium which is suitable for the EFL.
becbee

hoppy wrote:
ricardobee wrote:As has been said, not going to happen whilst this owner is in situ.
I would suggest that it is more likely a move back to Barnet will happen with TK in charge rather than anyone else.
I can't see anyone who takes over the Club being remotely interested in spending millions of pounds on top of his purchase price just so that we play our matches in Barnet. The attraction for any future purchaser is surely a ready made stadium which is suitable for the EFL.
Excellent point.