Dog and Duck (Hive) The Match Thread Whose Cup Hoofeth Over

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: Dog and Duck (Hive) The Match Thread Whose Cup Hoofeth O

Call me old fashioned would be nice to see Bloomfield and Marriott up front together.
john dockers shorts

Marriot looks very tidy. Agreed should be played
wearebees

Anyone know how many home tickets have been sold? Looks like the Wood have sold nearly 500 for their cup final. The home member's seats are all still blocked out I think, so hard to know how many we've sold. Hope it's a decent turnout, not sure the £15 price has been that well advertised by the club. Not mentioned on their graphics on Twitter.
Roy57

Looking at bee_forever selection it does worry me that it seems to be a trend were we are signing players who have not played in months. Hall. Powell. Fonguck. Woods all at best only 70% fit. ( Fonguck not in that signing bracket just added as fitness level ) and the signing of Woods who played on short term loan at Plymouth last season. Released by palace in summer so not sure what he has been doing since June. Someone mentioned he might of been training with us for last few weeks of so. Would be nice to have this confirmed as at least then he has had some kind of fitness training other wise could be awhile before we see him play full game for us.
MCB

It's a bit of a double edged sword isn't it.

It sounds like Hall and now Woods signings were only possible after they've waited to try and get a league club, and now here we are mid October with them deciding that signing for Barnet is better than not playing this season. We get unfit players who we can get up to speed who are obviously good enough for this level, but have we cost ourselves any chance of achieving anything by signing better players so late in the season?

I hope we have options for both of them for next season.
Stereotypical Barnet

The hatred their fans seem to hold for Barnet has reached maniacal levels over on their Facebook forum. I don’t get it, for years I’ve known people who went to watch both clubs, even a few years ago when I last went to a BW game not involving Barnet, you’d be greeted by interested BW fans who would ask how Barnet were getting on etc. I get that rivalries can develop but it’s so cringingly one sided that it just comes across as massively forced and not very genuine. There’s nothing behind it, no history in the playing of the fixture IE Stevenage, no history between the clubs IE Wealdstone, no traditional local rivalry IE Enfield, it’s just a local game that is well attended by Barnet fans.

I would find it so hilarious if we draw on Saturday, then easily beat their “best ever” away following for the replay, given only a day to sell tickets.
becbee

Let's be reasonable here, unless we risked financial security by throwing the cheque book (which thankfully was never going to happen), then we'd hardly have been falling over ourselves with star players desperate to play for the second worst club in the NL. We can't judge Woods until we see him play but Powell has impressed me in his small stints, Hall looks to me to be well more than 70% fit and looks decent and we know what Fonguck can do, it'll just take him time to get back to full fitness after such a long lay off.

A not completely fit player who wants to play is far better than a fully fit player who can't be bothered putting in full effort.
hoppy

Betting for tomorrow
Bees 7/4
Wood 11/10
Draw 11/4
pgbee

Stereotypical Barnet wrote:The hatred their fans seem to hold for Barnet has reached maniacal levels over on their Facebook forum. I don’t get it, for years I’ve known people who went to watch both clubs, even a few years ago when I last went to a BW game not involving Barnet, you’d be greeted by interested BW fans who would ask how Barnet were getting on etc. I get that rivalries can develop but it’s so cringingly one sided that it just comes across as massively forced and not very genuine. There’s nothing behind it, no history in the playing of the fixture IE Stevenage, no history between the clubs IE Wealdstone, no traditional local rivalry IE Enfield, it’s just a local game that is well attended by Barnet fans.

I would find it so hilarious if we draw on Saturday, then easily beat their “best ever” away following for the replay, given only a day to sell tickets.
Bit like us with Fulham a few years ago then....
Bee_Forever

Can't understand why they hate us so much

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
letchbee94

I'm guessing it just kids?
I bet if you saw an older Borehamwood fan they would not be bothered.
Ajtheone04

Judging by the comments on here over the course of this season have our biggest rivals in this league switched from Wood to Wealdstone now that they're in the same division as us?
tonbridgebee

MCB wrote:It's a bit of a double edged sword isn't it.

It sounds like Hall and now Woods signings were only possible after they've waited to try and get a league club, and now here we are mid October with them deciding that signing for Barnet is better than not playing this season. We get unfit players who we can get up to speed who are obviously good enough for this level, but have we cost ourselves any chance of achieving anything by signing better players so late in the season?

I hope we have options for both of them for next season.
Maybe neither Hall nor Woods were wanted by Kewell, especially when you think Hall arrived as Kewell exited the building. Given our position after last season and the way we started this one not exactly an attractive proposition for a player to join.

With that point though Brennan I think is doing more than a decent job of managing minutes for all those who are still getting up to match fit levels, might not yet be the team we all want to see for every 90 minutes but should ensure we're not carrying an excessive injury list for the entire season.
BeeArmy22

Looking at tickets sold for the home end and it’s looking pretty dire. Loads of green seats. Real shame when ticket price has been reduced after so many people think current ones are extortionate, yet it seems there’ll be fewer people than normal at the game. If we want TK to permanently reduce prices we actually need to have a basis on the argument, getting fewer gate receipts on a cheaper priced match is not going to help one bit.
becbee

BeeArmy22 wrote:Looking at tickets sold for the home end and it’s looking pretty dire. Loads of green seats. Real shame when ticket price has been reduced after so many people think current ones are extortionate, yet it seems there’ll be fewer people than normal at the game. If we want TK to permanently reduce prices we actually need to have a basis on the argument, getting fewer gate receipts on a cheaper priced match is not going to help one bit.
Which I suppose only goes to show that it's not entirely down to the price, it's the match on offer. Borehamwood are clearly not considered to be attractive opponents and we have home matches next Saturday and the Saturday afterwards.