Beespod

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Beespod

25 years ago we didn't have blogs, vlogs, zoom interviews and the like. The internet was barely born. We had the fanzines. Buzztalk, followed by Two Together. Quite often they were the only outlet for fans to vent frustration. What we have now is the same thing but available via different means. People who put these together are doing it because they care. I love listening to these interviews, as much as I love Trevor's zoom interviews with coaches with a bees past. The material is very raw and long may it continue.

That reminds me, a couple of weeks ago I was travelling up the M6 through Birmingham, and said to myself "There's Villa's Ground!" Another fanzine title from years ago. Probably inspired by fans looking out of the window on many a coach trip up North.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Roy57

LeftSideRun wrote:I thought the latest Beespod was great, I have to say. Didn't expect to listen to the whole thing but I did. Didn't feel any happier by the end but that's Barnet nowadays! I really hope good comes from the Supporter's Association.
Were can the latest Beespod be found, or if anybody has link would grateful.
Tuesds

Roy57 wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:I thought the latest Beespod was great, I have to say. Didn't expect to listen to the whole thing but I did. Didn't feel any happier by the end but that's Barnet nowadays! I really hope good comes from the Supporter's Association.
Were can the latest Beespod be found, or if anybody has link would grateful.
I think they’re all available here Roy: https://soundcloud.com/beespod
Sam_BFC

I quite like Beespod for the big draw interviews and have also been tuning in more lately for the high stakes discussions.

That said, I would be at the front of the queue for a Spodo podcast.
Norfolk & Chance

Spodcast, surely.
john dockers shorts

Excellent stuff chaps
Sam_BFC

Unleash the Spodcast.
ninestein

The latest one us a very frank and very honest summary of our club. I found myself nodding to most of what was being said. On and off the pitch...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
b4life

It's very good, I recommend it.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Roy57

Really enjoyed listening the latest podcast. Totally agreed with most of it, but in it you claimed Brennan possibly deserves a chance at being manager, and was not sure if players brought in was his or Kewells's responsibility. Surely when he was appointed as DOF it stated he was in charge of player recruitment so not sure we're the confusion lies. So let's just say Brennan was responsible for recruitment then why would or should he be even considered as full time manager with the midfield we have at this time, and only having two strikers within the club. Also out of Brennan and Kewel! Brennan is the one who knows about the national league. But it did not seem he spoke to Kewell about playing Bromley and the weakness there keeper Cousins has at crosses, as if he did was this ignored or was this not passed on ?. But from outside it appears Brennan now has the position he wanted from the start. And he won't have a DOF above him as that's his position as well at present. Totally agree the point of a manager who knows how important it is to get the supporters on board. The last three managers who knew this was Martin Allen. Paul Fairclough and Darren Currie. The latter being the one TK deemed not suitable. But as mentioned DC is being discussed as a candidate. I for one am in agreement with but TK would have to bite his tongue if he was to be brought back. And sadly cannot see him doing this even if for the benefit of the club.
finchleyman

I thought Simon Bassey did pretty well to bring the supporters on board.
rudebwoyben

finchleyman wrote:I thought Simon Bassey did pretty well to bring the supporters on board.
That he did.
Mem Beespod

Roy57 wrote:Really enjoyed listening the latest podcast. Totally agreed with most of it, but in it you claimed Brennan possibly deserves a chance at being manager, and was not sure if players brought in was his or Kewells's responsibility. Surely when he was appointed as DOF it stated he was in charge of player recruitment so not sure we're the confusion lies. So let's just say Brennan was responsible for recruitment then why would or should he be even considered as full time manager with the midfield we have at this time, and only having two strikers within the club. Also out of Brennan and Kewel! Brennan is the one who knows about the national league. But it did not seem he spoke to Kewell about playing Bromley and the weakness there keeper Cousins has at crosses, as if he did was this ignored or was this not passed on ?. But from outside it appears Brennan now has the position he wanted from the start. And he won't have a DOF above him as that's his position as well at present. Totally agree the point of a manager who knows how important it is to get the supporters on board. The last three managers who knew this was Martin Allen. Paul Fairclough and Darren Currie. The latter being the one TK deemed not suitable. But as mentioned DC is being discussed as a candidate. I for one am in agreement with but TK would have to bite his tongue if he was to be brought back. And sadly cannot see him doing this even if for the benefit of the club.
Neither of us believe Brennan deserves a chance and I don’t believe either of us stated this in the podcast for all the reasons you listed. However I do remember saying that he’s in the driving seat just because of circumstances, he’s responsible for the team at this moment and the job is his to lose.

We do though try and take a balanced look at situations and not look for the black and white view. If you look at the scenario in black and white, Brennan is responsible for recruitment then the disaster that is our midfield is on him HOWEVER, situations aren’t always black and white and as a new DOF it is very possible DB didn’t want to challenge Kewell straight away. He may well have recruited most of Kewell’s picks with the odd suggestion by himself eg the new keeper who he had at Wealdstone on loan. None of us know this for sure however we do do some research pre-show and discuss the different sides of the coin looking for the probable situation .
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
tonbridgebee

Another great listen from Mem and Iain, two guys who come across very well.

Difficult times as always it seems being a Barnet fan and there always seems to be something going on on or off the pitch which gives us the ammunition to feed the platforms.

I would love nothing more than either Darren Currie or Simon Bassey back leading the team, in all honesty is Tony really going to hold his hands up and admit the mistakes over the last 14 months since DC went? To me no, impossible TK will do that, I'll always say 'never say never' but it's highly unlikely isn't it?

If he gives it to DB then he blows up the structure in just over seven months, I can't see him doing that either unless he's prepared to bring in someone else above DB.

There are plenty of decent coaches and managers out there, people were surprised on Twitter when I said we would get 50 applicants for the job at least. We might be a basket case of a club but being out of work doesn't please the wife nor pay the bills so we will have enough to choose from, I can't say I trust us to pick the right one but it's gotta one day right?

PS Thanks for the nice words from others. :hi: