Weymouth (Hive) The Match Thread at Sixes and Sevens

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
djhdjh

Re: Weymouth (Hive) The Match Thread at Sixes and Sevens

Much better performance today. We still just don't have the players without the ball, not really a physical midfield but they're now working hard and with purpose and that makes up for it to an extent.

With the ball it looked like Brennan delivered what Kewell was trying to with having runners off the main target man with all the wingers and Brundle being effective at doing that. I can see us causing most teams problems, including away from home on the counter attack. Bloomfield has the ability to hold the ball up and then set the flying wingers away. Brundle looked a different player with license to press the ball and make forward runs and was very passionate as well. Marriott took his chance with aplomb when it came. Looks like we've got some options going forward. I think better teams will threaten us more than Weymouth but I believe we have the players to score against most teams.

Pleased for Harry to be captain, it is well earned. Generally a sense of starting to get the fans behind the team again. For all our complaining it was obvious after the game that we want to like our team and if they play like that more often than not, we will.
bzzzzz

Good interview from DB - he puts it down to playing players in the right positions. Brundle certainly benefited from playing further up the park. It was also pleasing to hear him say that he wants to see us continue to press in the second half and we need to improve the physical fitness of the group. Alongside that he also recognises the need to be a bit more careful with Rob Hall, he has the potential to be a real asset, if kept injury free.
Sam_BFC

Pleasing to see we managed to exceed 1,000 home fans.
Even if this was arguably our easiest game so far, it does sound like the interim boss had an influence with some positive decisions ahead of and during the game.
Patel89

Not that it means much!

But my overall summary of being at the game today with trevor is as follows:

I am certain Brennan will get the job which I don't agree with simply because what then happens to the structure?! But trust me he will wants it and will be given it!

A decent performance today we deserved the win good changes made but it is crystal clear we lack energy in the midfield/ legs we gave them far to much possession but it was certainly a improvement!
BeesKnees99

Daggers beat Solihull 5-1, with a brace from Paul McCallum, one from Josh Walker, and one from Mauro Vilhete.

They are top of the league.

Makes you wonder.
jerroll

beesknees99 wrote:Daggers beat Solihull 5-1, with a brace from Paul McCallum, one from Josh Walker, and one from Mauro Vilhete.

Makes you wonder.
Their 1st 14 or so are very good , beyond that they have a paper thin squad , will need to have a good run of players staying fit and a good disciplinary record to stay where they are.
becbee

jerroll wrote:
beesknees99 wrote:Daggers beat Solihull 5-1, with a brace from Paul McCallum, one from Josh Walker, and one from Mauro Vilhete.

Makes you wonder.
Their 1st 14 or so are very good , beyond that they have a paper thin squad , will need to have a good run of players staying fit and a good disciplinary record to stay where they are.
Which is what happened to us when we were promoted in 2004/05. But it's unusual for clubs to be so fortunate.
jerroll

becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Makes you wonder.
Which is what happened to us when we were promoted in 2004/05. But it's unusual for clubs to be so fortunate.
Exactly , it can happen but huge amounts of fortune needed to do so. Especially with players who have had poor injury records in recent seasons.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Makes you wonder.
Players tend to play through the pain barrier when things are going well.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:
becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Makes you wonder.
Players tend to play through the pain barrier when things are going well.
True indeed.
alexbach

Patel89 wrote:Not that it means much!

But my overall summary of being at the game today with trevor is as follows:

I am certain Brennan will get the job which I don't agree with simply because what then happens to the structure?! But trust me he will wants it and will be given it!

A decent performance today we deserved the win good changes made but it is crystal clear we lack energy in the midfield/ legs we gave them far to much possession but it was certainly a improvement!
Wise words Mr Patel. The waunarlwydd galaxy til I die site must be going ballistic. Sàw them lose 4-0 at home. Mr Brennan need not recruit but Barnet Image should persevere

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
Tuesds

If only Dave Tarpey, Elliot Johnson, Richard Brindley, John Akinde, Curtis Weston, Jamie Stephens et al had toughened up and played through the pain barrier in our relegation season, instead of sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves and nursing their assortment of cruciate ligament juries, broken bones and torn muscles! I know they’re not the sort of cases being referred to, of course…

God, you could weep listing those names in the knowledge that squad got relegated…
DSM

Definite improvement yesterday. At 1-1 the game was on a knife edge and previously we wouldn’t have dug out a win, so encouraging

In terms of individuals whilst Payne clearly lacks pace his delivery is very good and he keeps busy and involved through the game. Thought Beard, Harry and Sergent were our standouts. Thomas and Flanagan have real potential but not consistent enough at the moment and Thomas was exposed a few times down our right. Bloomfield has tons of endeavour but it’s a tough gig being up front on his own. Powell and Marriott made a real difference.

Think it’s quite damning that Nugent can’t get a look in with 3 centre backs out injured and Beard is in a different league to Doherty. For those reasons I’d make them both available and see if we can get their cost off our books, appreciate easier said than done.

Always thought we’d be bottom half but not relegated or in a battle and nothing has changed in my mind. Think we need to give DB the next 4-5 games and then make a call.

Would also like to say the new press officer got some stick on Twitter for his line of questioning but clear now that it was HK having certain topics off the table, not his ability to ask good questions

Final point, Greta atmosphere yesterday, makes such a difference.
Tuesds

DSM wrote:
Would also like to say the new press officer got some stick on Twitter for his line of questioning but clear now that it was HK having certain topics off the table, not his ability to ask good questions
Very good point - the reason we got a pretty thorough injury update on Friday is not because the press officer had been forgetting to ask!

Very strange approach by Kewell to not even make any reference to the club captain having been struck down with a long-term injury, for example.
Roy57

DSM wrote:Definite improvement yesterday. At 1-1 the game was on a knife edge and previously we wouldn’t have dug out a win, so encouraging

In terms of individuals whilst Payne clearly lacks pace his delivery is very good and he keeps busy and involved through the game. Thought Beard, Harry and Sergent were our standouts. Thomas and Flanagan have real potential but not consistent enough at the moment and Thomas was exposed a few times down our right. Bloomfield has tons of endeavour but it’s a tough gig being up front on his own. Powell and Marriott made a real difference.

Think it’s quite damning that Nugent can’t get a look in with 3 centre backs out injured and Beard is in a different league to Doherty. For those reasons I’d make them both available and see if we can get their cost off our books, appreciate easier said than done.

Always thought we’d be bottom half but not relegated or in a battle and nothing has changed in my mind. Think we need to give DB the next 4-5 games and then make a call.

Final point, Greta atmosphere yesterday, makes such a difference.
Funny how some see things different, Beesknees99 said Sargant is useless. I thought his distribution is very good and made a few good saves.