Rob Hall - New signing

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Rob Hall - New signing

Agewills wrote:Potentially a good signing, but as with many of our signings over the years, we're taking a bit of a gamble on them staying fit. If he's had a couple of nasty knee injuries then there is the potential for another Steve Kabba...

But also seems like we are stuck in this perpetual cycle of new manager -> sign players (mostly turn out to be not up to standard) -> sack manager -> new manager comes in, doesn't rate most of the squad -> signs new players -> squad gets bloated -> repeat....

One of the things I liked about Allen when he came in was he cleared out the squad and got it down to a reasonable, manageable size.

Good luck to Hall, hope he does well. Will he play though?!
In my opinion it's a bit of a myth that Allen trimmed a squad to the degree people are saying. He signed many below par players pre-season, made them disappear by exiling them and never talking about them and bringing loanees in about October time. He also did not factor in the development players who had signed professional terms and kept them well away from first XI.
WeAreBarnet

hoofer2 wrote:
Agewills wrote:Potentially a good signing, but as with many of our signings over the years, we're taking a bit of a gamble on them staying fit. If he's had a couple of nasty knee injuries then there is the potential for another Steve Kabba...

But also seems like we are stuck in this perpetual cycle of new manager -> sign players (mostly turn out to be not up to standard) -> sack manager -> new manager comes in, doesn't rate most of the squad -> signs new players -> squad gets bloated -> repeat....

One of the things I liked about Allen when he came in was he cleared out the squad and got it down to a reasonable, manageable size.

Good luck to Hall, hope he does well. Will he play though?!
In my opinion it's a bit of a myth that Allen trimmed a squad to the degree people are saying. He signed many below par players pre-season, made them disappear by exiling them and never talking about them and bringing loanees in about October time. He also did not factor in the development players who had signed professional terms and kept them well away from first XI.
Going from memory, did have a massive clear out after the David’s era. We had a squad of 18 and a couple loans throughout the year. After that year, we definitely went back to our usual ways of bloating the squad from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuesds

Roy57 wrote:
Also I wonder when he last played a competive match, as otherwise he will need at least a month to get match fit.
Brennan mentions in his pre-Weymouth interview today that Hall has been with us for a few weeks and has been put through a ‘sort of mini pre season’. Also mentions that he’s in the squad this weekend.

https://youtu.be/gFgYWZ2w4no
MCB

New (unstated) long term contract.

Great news, he's a baller. And we seem to have actually got him for rather than the other way around for a change.
Roy57

MCB wrote:New (unstated) long term contract.

Great news, he's a baller. And we seem to have actually got him for rather than the other way around for a change.
Don't know why the club seems to want to keep a players extended contract a secret. They done the same with Sessay. So Hall extension could be till end of season or beyond.
becbee

Roy57 wrote:
MCB wrote:New (unstated) long term contract.

Don't know why the club seems to want to keep a players extended contract a secret. They done the same with Sessay. So Hall extension could be till end of season or beyond.
A contract to the end of the season wouldn't be "a long term deal"
jerroll

a joy to watch, suspect his initial deal was only until window opened but he has had a good run of games and appears happy to be here so no point in jumping ship and starting again somewhere. everything crossed for him to keep playing games and entertaining us all.
JWTBee

Excellent news! A good asset going forward to next season.Now we just need to tie a few more down like Harry & Ephron for a start!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!