What the bookies think

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: What the bookies think

hoppy wrote:A good few bookies including William Hill and Skybet are offering odds of 33/1 for Barnet to finish in the top 7 of the National League this season.
Hmmm, where's my piggy bank?
January looks a tough month on paper, if we can pick up some points from that run of games we will be in good shape and We will have finished with Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts & B.Wood weather/covid permitting!
Tuesds

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:A good few bookies including William Hill and Skybet are offering odds of 33/1 for Barnet to finish in the top 7 of the National League this season.
January looks a tough month on paper, if we can pick up some points from that run of games we will be in good shape and We will have finished with Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts & B.Wood weather/covid permitting!
Tantalising. In normal circumstances I’d suggest we do have an outside chance and that 33/1 is a good price. However, there’s such a gulf between the top and bottom clubs this year that it’s going to take an unusually high points total to make 7th.

In a 44-game season, the evidence of past years suggests you’d normally need something between 65 and 70 points or so. This year I reckon you’re looking at more like 75 points. That would require us to maintain 2 points a game (ie title-winning form) for the entire remainder of the season. Surely too big an ask.
jerroll

Tuesds wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Tantalising. In normal circumstances I’d suggest we do have an outside chance and that 33/1 is a good price. However, there’s such a gulf between the top and bottom clubs this year that it’s going to take an unusually high points total to make 7th.

In a 44-game season, the evidence of past years suggests you’d normally need something between 65 and 70 points or so. This year I reckon you’re looking at more like 75 points. That would require us to maintain 2 points a game (ie title-winning form) for the entire remainder of the season. Surely too big an ask.
Agreed , huge ask but i'd rather take a chance on that than spend the next few months looking downwards with fear!
Tuesds

Yep - it’s great that our recent upturn allows us even to daydream about such things!
pokal02

The current top 8 are miles better than the rest. 7th-placed Wrexham demolished even the new improved Bees. I expect us to finish about 16th with something like 11th the absolute maximum. (Still, a couple of months ago I was resigned to a bottom-6 finish). Just a shame about the two rotten cup draws.
PBBee

Calm down lads (and ladettes) - as others have said the too 7/8 are miles above us (in a lot of senses).

If Brennan was here from the beginning of the season then maybe, it’s going to be a tough league to get out of over the next years for sure.