Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Re: Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

I would of hoped staff already in place before HK or DB arrived someone showed them the last three games that highlighted how good Skeffington and Beard were. As to let players of this quality slip through our fingers when they already had one foot in the door. Hoping but don't see that we would snap up players that were on loan and after performances TK should of been advised he needed to get these two on the books and signed up. But as per Barnet I would imagine we won't and have not done this and our loss will be some other teams gain. Won't over mind if they are snapped up but higher standard than national league but will be so annoyed if we see them turn out for a opposition team next season such as Notts county or chesterfield.
beew

My spies, who are not from the railway tavern say there’s a list of players already identified and being tracked. Also says that the Hive is very busy with official Euro 2020/21 activities. That’s all.
Churchill

Lots of questions about these appointments:

1.How well has the chemistry between Brennan and Kewell been considered?

2.Do they have unambiguous role responsibilities/boundaries?

3. Can Kewell coach NL footballers, will his expectations be too high?

4.Crawley supporters labelled Kewell arrogant and unsuited for L2 coaching!

5.Kewell apparently lives in Cheshire - how is that going to work?

I'm obviously going to be hopeful before there is any contrary evidence, but on the face of it the set-up looks precarious. We need a management team committed and working in harmony for a minimum of two seasons.
Patel89

Churchill wrote:Lots of questions about these appointments:

1.How well has the chemistry between Brennan and Kewell been considered?

2.Do they have unambiguous role responsibilities/boundaries?

3. Can Kewell coach NL footballers, will his expectations be too high?

4.Crawley supporters labelled Kewell arrogant and unsuited for L2 coaching!

5.Kewell apparently lives in Cheshire - how is that going to work?

I'm obviously going to be hopeful before there is any contrary evidence, but on the face of it the set-up looks precarious. We need a management team committed and working in harmony for a minimum of two seasons.

I think the first 3 signings will be key I am quieitly confident based on Brennans track record of signings time will tell as to how this will work
Churchill

As I've written before I sincerely hope a great deal of thought went into the capacity of Kewell and Brennan to work amicably together.

I've no evidence, but I'm worried that this might have been an ill-thought through "marriage'. I obviously hope I'm wrong as their very different footballing experience and knowledge could be an excellent mix IF they are clear and happy about role boundaries AND if their egos allow.

We have not seen an interview with Brennan and it would be great if we were given an in-depth and challenging interview with the two of them to include - recruitment progress, respective roles, pre-season.

Notts County put out a thorough interview with Burchnall and Ross (since departed) on their approach and it was both illuminating and a very good way to demonstrate that the club cared about supporters.

Adam needs support and we need some respect from the owner and our new management team.
John Hunt

Churchill wrote:As I've written before I sincerely hope a great deal of thought went into the capacity of Kewell and Brennan to work amicably together.

I've no evidence, but I'm worried that this might have been an ill-thought through "marriage'. I obviously hope I'm wrong as their very different footballing experience and knowledge could be an excellent mix IF they are clear and happy about role boundaries AND if their egos allow.

We have not seen an interview with Brennan and it would be great if we were given an in-depth and challenging interview with the two of them to include - recruitment progress, respective roles, pre-season.

Notts County put out a thorough interview with Burchnall and Ross (since departed) on their approach and it was both illuminating and a very good way to demonstrate that the club cared about supporters.

Adam needs support and we need some respect from the owner and our new management team.
They need to build a working relationship which is probably what they are doing at the moment. It will take time and at least they have been appointed in good time to get things going.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Analyst

Be careful with Kewell. Tricky customer, I have it on good authority from a source within Solihull that he's applied for the vacant job there since being appointed at Barnet. That leads me to believe he might well be working with us for free, similarly to his time at Oldham.
adkbee

Analyst wrote:Be careful with Kewell. Tricky customer, I have it on good authority from a source within Solihull that he's applied for the vacant job there since being appointed at Barnet. That leads me to believe he might well be working with us for free, similarly to his time at Oldham.
Really? He was only appointed Barnet manager three days before Solihull announced Ardley as their manager. That would be a quick about-face from Kewell. Might he have applied for both jobs at a similar time, which would be fair enough. Or was your source saying Solihull were looking for someone new since Ardley already?
Tuesds

adkbee wrote:
Analyst wrote:Be careful with Kewell. Tricky customer, I have it on good authority from a source within Solihull that he's applied for the vacant job there since being appointed at Barnet. That leads me to believe he might well be working with us for free, similarly to his time at Oldham.
Really? He was only appointed Barnet manager three days before Solihull announced Ardley as their manager. That would be a quick about-face from Kewell. Might he have applied for both jobs at a similar time, which would be fair enough. Or was your source saying Solihull were looking for someone new since Ardley already?
Also, while Ardley was announced as Solihull manager three days after our announcement, it was an open secret that Solihull were set to appoint Ardley for about 10 days or so before it was announced. Their selection process seemed to have been completed prior to our announcement of Kewell and Brennan.
becbee

Quite probably Harry Kewell did apply for the Solihull vacancy, he was out of work. But seeing as it was known that there was going to be a vacancy there for months ( their temporary manager was on loan from a NLN club) It's rubbish to suggest that he'd have waited many weeks before considering the Solihull vacancy then only once he'd got the Barnet job would have decided to apply for the Solihull one.
John Hunt

Tricky customer. Really? How on what grounds and what authority. If a man works for free how is that being tricky?

I am weary of posters who join just to bad mouth someone.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Sam_BFC

Football is a cynical business I think. There may or may not be something in what Mr(s) Analyst says, but I do get the sense that people post such things, often based on half truths or less, with the sole intent to cause trouble
Jdk103

Funny, I have it on good authority that’s bollocks