Weymouth (a) The Only Wey Is Up Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Weymouth (a) The Only Wey Is Up Match Thread

So.... today sees the bees travelling to the seaside in another Bananarama League fixture to take on the terracotta army of Weymouth.

After Dagenham and Exbees started strongly and controlled the game we seem to find ourselves back where we were before with a team which cannot cope with a high energy press and a lack of creativity going forwards. The new manager bounce did at least get us to 8 points from 4 games but Bassey will now have to show his mettle to stop the bees slipping back in to familiar bad patterns.

Apologies for the lateness of this match thread, I was watching Line of Duty when I should have been doing it. I do wonder what Ted Hastings would have to say about the club furloughing Loach and bringing in another keeper on lower wages ("Mother of god.....").

In terms of team lineup Bassey made clear that the cupboard was bare in terms of player availability and with Daly mysteriously dropped our numbers continue to decline. Hopefully Nugent will be mistaken for a Terracotta statue and be left in Weymouth so we can have our captain back.

When we suffered a shaving injury and lost our Beard on Saturday, Bassey responded by going 5 at the back and I hope he will resist such negative instincts today. I would favour a spot of rotation and player protection so:-

---------------------------------Loach---------------------------------

--Vaughan--------Daly-------------Preston---------McQueen-------

--------------------Kefalas----------Taylor-----------------------------

--Vasilou-------------Mason-Clarke------------Baker-Richardson---

----------------------------Adeloye--------------------------------------

Subs: Callan, Richards-Everton, McBurnie, Petrasso, Wordsworth

COYB's
John Hunt

Re: Weymouth (a) The Only Wey Is Up Match Thread

Give it a few years Cranners and we may be able to have a Hastings United thread in the league.

So .....
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Reckless

I'll keep an eye out for that one.
becbee

Even allowing for current pessimism, I think it's pushing negativity a bit far to think we'll be dropping to the Isthmian League South East Division.
From my limited knowledge of both towns, I think a day out at Weymouth is preferable to Hastings anyway.
BeeinBristol

becbee wrote:Even allowing for current pessimism, I think it's pushing negativity a bit far to think we'll be dropping to the Isthmian League South East Division.
From my limited knowledge of both towns, I think a day out at Weymouth is preferable to Hastings anyway.
Taking whatiare clearly
light hearted through away comments far too literally.
Reckless

Tales of Barnet visiting Weymouth are part of our folklore.
becbee

BeeinBristol wrote:
becbee wrote:Even allowing for current pessimism, I think it's pushing negativity a bit far to think we'll be dropping to the Isthmian League South East Division.
Taking whatiare clearly
I wasn't taking it literally or seriously, I just wondered what standard Hastings Utd were and thought how I didn't fancy the fixture!
Weymouth away would have been a very different proposition. Never mind, there's always next season ( Tuesday night in February anybody? )
hoppy

I don't think the Bees have played at Hastings since the mid- 70s (correct me if I am wrong). That was at the Pilot Field ground which is where Hastings United are still based. However in September 2020 they submitted plans for a new 1,950 capacity ground with 2 3G pitches at nearby St Leonard's.
If we get relegated next season and Hastings United get promoted we will very likely meet in the National League South in the 2022/3 season.
BeeinBristol

becbee wrote:
BeeinBristol wrote:
Taking whatiare clearly
I wasn't taking it literally or seriously, I just wondered what standard Hastings Utd were and thought how I didn't fancy the fixture!
Weymouth away would have been a very different proposition. Never mind, there's always next season ( Tuesday night in February anybody? )[/qu
That is not the way it comes across
rudebwoyben

Just as well we can’t go to this match today as the weather forecast is awful.
I’m really not sure about playing McQueen at left-back, he’s dicy enough at right-back!
jerroll

hoppy wrote:I don't think the Bees have played at Hastings since the mid- 70s (correct me if I am wrong). That was at the Pilot Field ground which is where Hastings United are still based. However in September 2020 they submitted plans for a new 1,950 capacity ground with 2 3G pitches at nearby St Leonard's.
If we get relegated next season and Hastings United get promoted we will very likely meet in the National League South in the 2022/3 season.
We played a preseason game there in the late 90's when John Still had a mate who was manager there although they were Hastings Town at the time as the original utd had folded!
hoppy

jerroll wrote:
hoppy wrote:I don't think the Bees have played at Hastings since the mid- 70s (correct me if I am wrong). That was at the Pilot Field ground which is where Hastings United are still based. However in September 2020 they submitted plans for a new 1,950 capacity ground with 2 3G pitches at nearby St Leonard's.
We played a preseason game there in the late 90's when John Still had a mate who was manager there although they were Hastings Town at the time as the original utd had folded!
Thanks Jerroll. Not many connections between the two clubs although we did loan Freddie Warren to them a few years back.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Thanks Jerroll. Not many connections between the two clubs although we did loan Freddie Warren to them a few years back.
And Liam O'Brien.
Reckless

Not sure about connections Hops.
Old people like me remember we signed Ricky George and Bill Meadows from them.
hoppy

Reckless wrote:Not sure about connections Hops.
Old people like me remember we signed Ricky George and Bill Meadows from them.
Well I had forgotten that Reckless, but, to be fair, that must have been over 50 years ago.
I'm struggling to remember what I had for breakfast.