Sutton (a) A Sutton Improvement Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Sutton (a) A Sutton Improvement Match Thread

hoofer2 wrote:In normal circumstances I'd want Bees to win...but I really hope Sutton can make it to the end of the season as champions.....and on this occasion would not begrudge them 3 points. What a story that would be

Hopefully accompanied by Torquay via the playoffs.
So you'd be willing to see us lose today and presumably again on 29th May, when we can be there in person? Sorry, I don't understand that.

There again, I'd prefer Torquay and Hartlepool to be promoted, purely for geographical reasons.
b4life

Why on earth would we give a toss about Sutton? We're on a roll, about bleedin' time, the more wins the better. Pride is at stake but more importantly the first steps (hopefully) of a much brighter next season. Who knows we might unearth some gems among this team of sand know that we seem to have a manager who knows what they are doing.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hoofer2

dawat wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:In normal circumstances I'd want Bees to win...but I really hope Sutton can make it to the end of the season as champions.....and on this occasion would not begrudge them 3 points. What a story that would be

Pardon my ignorance buddy, but what's with the Sutton love in?
No love in. But would always favour an old Alliance Premier League rival reaching the EFL over a previously established league club who think they are too big for Non League. To think what Sutton have achieved as part time - has it enabled them to recruit a higher calibre of player who can earn more outside of football than on the field ?
becbee

To be fair, I don't think these days the established league clubs do tend to think that they are too big for non-league. They might not be happy to have been relegated but they usually feel they've been relegated fairly and squarely for whatever reason ( like us, they usually blame the Chairman!).
wearebees

There should be commentary if anyone doesn't want to watch: https://mixlr.com/sufctv
Keeper

TorME wrote:But if Beard is likely to sign for Sutton, if they are promoted, should he then play for us today?

This will be interesting.
Beard to Sutton! Where did that come from?
TorME

Keeper wrote:
TorME wrote:But if Beard is likely to sign for Sutton, if they are promoted, should he then play for us today?

This will be interesting.
Beard to Sutton! Where did that come from?
Re: Contracted for next season?
Postby Mr Smart » 21 Apr 2021, 14:48

MCB wrote:
Absolutely hope we see Beard next season.

I've been told by somebody close to Beard's family that it looks like he had already spoken to Sutton about playing there next season before he joined us. He came to us to stay fit. Let's hope Bassey's impressed and he'll stay.
ETBee

If Beard hasn't actually signed for Sutton there is no reason at all why he shouldn't play for us. He's not on loan to us. He my well have "talked" to Sutton - so what? He's probably talked to several clubs.

PS. I think he's not big enough for Sutton anyway!
Ajtheone04

Daly gets dropped for BRE and Preston takes the armband.
This is the second time Daly has been dropped whilst we've played a back 4, maybe its just ration this time or maybe managers thus he isn't quite up to it physically.
Preston, who is prone to a red card, getting the armband is also quiet surprising even if our team does slightly lack experience.
letchbee94

becbee wrote:

So you'd be willing to see us lose today and presumably again on 29th May, when we can be there in person? Sorry, I don't understand that.

There again, I'd prefer Torquay and Hartlepool to be promoted, purely for geographical reasons.
Don't be to harsh as I sort of understand why hoofer2 said it however I want us to win tonight to carry on this run we are on plus to give us a chance of at least not finishing bottom of table and maybe just maybe a chance to stay up proper in the table.
king45bee

Stream gives viewing figures at top. 319 less than expected but the access codes are a bit long compared to Barnet so could be a few more yet!

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
ETBee

The viewing figures will go up once people realise it's not a 7.45 ko.

Reasonable start but we do seem unsure what to do in the last third.
Roy57

Ajtheone04 wrote:Daly gets dropped for BRE and Preston takes the armband.
This is the second time Daly has been dropped whilst we've played a back 4, maybe its just ration this time or maybe managers thus he isn't quite up to it physically.
Preston, who is prone to a red card, getting the armband is also quiet surprising even if our team does slightly lack experience.
Believe it to be more rested than dropped.
LeftSideRun

Misplaced passes in the last third are annoying but it's a better start than Saturday by far!

Crowd watch: up to 436
LeftSideRun

Azaze bravely out to intercept a through ball. Clattered by their winger, unintentionally. He might have to come off.

We've been under pressure and lacked composure when we've had chances on the break.

Crowd watch: 459

Unfortunately Azaze has to go off.