National League Season Ended

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: National League Season Ended

ETBee wrote:We're lower than 7th so we wouldn't be involved in the playoffs.
Yup - key sentence is
(although no decision has been made on how to determine the table)
We're 7th under PPG. Would kick Stockport out of the play offs.
becbee

I have my doubts that the P.O.s will happen but if they do, then it would be wholly unacceptable if PPG were to not be used, and I don't just think that because it affects my club.
ninestein

If playoffs do go ahead, i just hope there is a sense of occasion. Playing the initial rounds behind closed doors isn't ideal but I'd be comfortable with it if BT Sport were to screen them. It's the final which would be a real shame if fans can't attend at Wembley. Given the attendance would be small in comparison to the capacity, some sort of distancing would be possible by spacing seats out.

If fans in attendance is still a no-no, then arrange the final at another neutral venue of equal distance to soften thd blow for the fans.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

ninestein wrote:If playoffs do go ahead, i just hope there is a sense of occasion. Playing the initial rounds behind closed doors isn't ideal but I'd be comfortable with it if BT Sport were to screen them. It's the final which would be a real shame if fans can't attend at Wembley. Given the attendance would be small in comparison to the capacity, some sort of distancing would be possible by spacing seats out.

If fans in attendance is still a no-no, then arrange the final at another neutral venue of equal distance to soften thd blow for the fans.
If fans can't attend then an equidistant stadium isn't all that relevant.

From the players POV, playing at Wembley would be a dream although less so with no fans attending.
Odd situation.
hoppy

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
ninestein wrote:If playoffs do go ahead, i just hope there is a sense of occasion. Playing the initial rounds behind closed doors isn't ideal but I'd be comfortable with it if BT Sport were to screen them. It's the final which would be a real shame if fans can't attend at Wembley. Given the attendance would be small in comparison to the capacity, some sort of distancing would be possible by spacing seats out.

From the players POV, playing at Wembley would be a dream although less so with no fans attending.
Odd situation.
FA Trophy 2019/20 Final today at Wembley, Concord Rangers v Harrogate Town
Sadly no fans allowed in.
LeicesterBee

hoppy wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Odd situation.
If we are looking for a first choice keeper for next season, we could do a lot worse than Chris Haigh of Concord Rangers. He’s having an absolute blinder
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Odd situation.
The F A Vase Final earlier was Consett v Hebburn. 22 miles apart, 278 /277 miles from Wembley. 14 /8 miles from St James' Park, Newcastle which would probably been a stadium they'd have loved to play at.
#Beebot

LeicesterBee wrote:
hoppy wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Odd situation.
If we are looking for a first choice keeper for next season, we could do a lot worse than Chris Haigh of Concord Rangers. He’s having an absolute blinder
We had him on trial here under Allen. He didn't look very good then but played well today.