Dog and Duck (Hive) The Match Thread Whose Cup Hoofeth Over

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Dog and Duck (Hive) The Match Thread Whose Cup Hoofeth Over

Postby Bee_Forever » 13 Oct 2021, 14:59

So.… Saturday sees the bees taking on the noisy neighbours from up the road as we enter the FA Cup. It's fair to say that Boreham Hoof fans are significantly more excited about this fixture than we are.

When I heard the fixture come out on the SHOUTsport show I must admit I greeted it with the same excitement as someone who orders a premium striker from Wish only for Shaun Batt to turn up in the post. As for those calling it a free hit because the hoof merchants are flying higher than their "passes" in the National League, and it not being a game we are expected to win, please do take a look at yourself. Even Al Beadle pub landlord managed a win against an admittedly shocking Burton team in the FA Cup and he played 45 minutes with 8 men. We have not fallen so far that we should abandon hope against boreham-flipping-wood.

We should not be overawed or thinking we will be lucky to win. We are on a decent run and we have got players coming back to fitness and should give Borehamwood a tough examination.

I'm not saying that Boreham Wood like to hoof the ball, but each season ticket at Meadow Park comes with a complementary neck cushion, and flights from Luton are warned to avoid the Boreham Wood area on match days (sound advice for others throughout the week).

In terms of team lineup I think we need to try and match up what will be a physical examination of our players so fingers crossed we will have a few faces back to bolster the ranks.

--------------------------------Aston-Ox-------------------------------------------

------Taylor---------Greenidge------Richards-Everton-----Widdowson-----

------Sesay---------Payne------Brundle------Wood------Powell-----------

-----------------------------------Bloomfield---------------------------------------

Subs: Azaze, Thomas, Flanagan, Fonguck, Hall

Missing this one as I booked a weekend away as soon as the fixture came out the hat.

Still COTB :Drink1:
Bee_Forever

Re: Dog and Duck (Hive) The Match Thread Whose Cup Hoofeth O

Postby ETBee » 13 Oct 2021, 16:06

I think to characterise Borehamwood as a "hoof" team is not accurate. If DB based his defence on that premise we'd come a cropper. Their style is certainly direct but it is more like Sutton - based on speed and strength. If we continue to leave our flanks as open as in recent games we might struggle.
ETBee

Postby tonbridgebee » 13 Oct 2021, 16:28

Bee_Forever wrote:So.… Saturday sees the bees taking on the noisy neighbours from up the road as we enter the FA Cup. It's fair to say that Boreham Hoof fans are significantly more excited about this fixture than we are.

When I heard the fixture come out on the SHOUTsport show I must admit I greeted it with the same excitement as someone who orders a premium striker from Wish only for Shaun Batt to turn up in the post. As for those calling it a free hit because the hoof merchants are flying higher than their "passes" in the National League, and it not being a game we are expected to win, please do take a look at yourself. Even Al Beadle pub landlord managed a win against an admittedly shocking Burton team in the FA Cup and he played 45 minutes with 8 men. We have not fallen so far that we should abandon hope against boreham-flipping-wood.

We should not be overawed or thinking we will be lucky to win. We are on a decent run and we have got players coming back to fitness and should give Borehamwood a tough examination.

I'm not saying that Boreham Wood like to hoof the ball, but each season ticket at Meadow Park comes with a complementary neck cushion, and flights from Luton are warned to avoid the Boreham Wood area on match days (sound advice for others throughout the week).

In terms of team lineup I think we need to try and match up what will be a physical examination of our players so fingers crossed we will have a few faces back to bolster the ranks.

--------------------------------Aston-Ox-------------------------------------------

------Taylor---------Greenidge------Richards-Everton-----Widdowson-----

------Sesay---------Payne------Brundle------Wood------Powell-----------

-----------------------------------Bloomfield---------------------------------------

Subs: Azaze, Thomas, Flanagan, Fonguck, Hall

Missing this one as I booked a weekend away as soon as the fixture came out the hat.

Still COTB :Drink1:

7 subs allowed in this one.....
tonbridgebee

Postby Bee_Forever » 13 Oct 2021, 16:41

Earlier in the season that would have been as redundant as our short corner routine.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever

Postby Ajtheone04 » 13 Oct 2021, 18:09

PBBee wrote:https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/october/match-report-for-brentford-vs-barnet-on-13-oct-21/

Is that Greenidge in the thumbnail or someone else?
Ajtheone04

Postby Tuesds » 13 Oct 2021, 18:23

Ajtheone04 wrote:
PBBee wrote:https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/october/match-report-for-brentford-vs-barnet-on-13-oct-21/

Is that Greenidge in the thumbnail or someone else?

I don’t know who it is, but it’s not Greenidge.
Tuesds

Postby alexbach » 13 Oct 2021, 18:44

Know some lovely people Who live in the wood. Calling them puerile names Will be sensible.allso our Amy s daughter is a regular arsenal ladies games

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
alexbach

Postby pgbee » 13 Oct 2021, 20:10

If only we could get Gabriel Jesus, Wraynel Hercules and Nicky Evans in the same team, no one cc would beat a team containing Jesus, Hercules and God.....
pgbee

Postby pgbee » 13 Oct 2021, 20:10

If only we could get Gabriel Jesus, Wraynel Hercules and Nicky Evans in the same team, no one could beat a team containing Jesus, Hercules and God.....
pgbee

Postby letchbee94 » 13 Oct 2021, 20:21

Any news on Marriott?
letchbee94

Postby Bee_Forever » 13 Oct 2021, 21:18

He should be available this weekend I would imagine given brennan said his absence last week was precautionary. Expect to see him on our expanded bench.

I have always thought it a shame we lost the Arsenal reserve teams and womens football when we left the hill. I am glad we have the spurs ladies on board and more importantly their support with the new pitch!

Bee_Forever

Postby jonbonbaby » 13 Oct 2021, 22:41

No EMC?
jonbonbaby

Postby foxy » 13 Oct 2021, 23:07

Bee_Forever wrote:He should be available this weekend I would imagine given brennan said his absence last week was precautionary. Expect to see him on our expanded bench.

I have always thought it a shame we lost the Arsenal reserve teams and womens football when we left the hill. I am glad we have the spurs ladies on board and more importantly their support with the new pitch!

*Home
foxy

Postby alexbach » 14 Oct 2021, 18:49

alexbach wrote:Know some lovely people Who live in the wood. Calling them puerile names Will be sensible.allso our Amy s daughter is a regular arsenal ladies games

Ava was born a mile from the hive

alexbach

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat