Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

Postby b4life » 10 Jun 2021, 12:28

After all the manager's we've had, I am going to withhold any judgement until at least 10 games in to the new season. I wish them good luck and just hope we've got a good combo in these two.
b4life

Postby becbee » 10 Jun 2021, 12:40

MCB wrote:Someone mentioned Harry Kewell lives about half a mile from Altrinchams ground, so i'm not sure what happened to appointing more local managers? Unless he's moving!

He presumably moved there when he joined Oldham, before that he was at Notts Co, Crawley, Watford, before that playing in Australia.
Suggests he's used to moving about.
I suppose the only issue is whether his family want stability - his children are 9, 13, 17 and 20 years old. Could be a difficult time to move a 17 year old?
becbee

Postby Mem Beespod » 10 Jun 2021, 14:06

MCB wrote:Someone mentioned Harry Kewell lives about half a mile from Altrinchams ground, so i'm not sure what happened to appointing more local managers? Unless he's moving!

TK is probably putting him up in one of the houses he owns around The Hive. :D
Mem Beespod

Postby jerroll » 10 Jun 2021, 15:12

His wife is a Stoke Newington girl so probably happy to move back south!
jerroll

Postby Tuesds » 10 Jun 2021, 15:18

jerroll wrote:

I thought Tricia Dingle’s family had been in the village of Emmerdale (formerly Beckindale) for many generations?! Next you’ll be telling me she prefers the hipster bars of East London over a good old fashioned foaming pint of bitter in the Woolpack!
Tuesds

Postby jerroll » 10 Jun 2021, 15:30

Tuesds wrote:
jerroll wrote:

I thought Tricia Dingle’s family had been in the village of Emmerdale (formerly Beckindale) for many generations?! Next you’ll be telling me she prefers the hipster bars of East London over a good old fashioned foaming pint of bitter in the Woolpack!

She was the cockney one!
jerroll

Postby let_it_bee » 10 Jun 2021, 16:27

Don’t know much about Kewell’s management record, but do recall him bringing Crawley to the Hive shortly after his appointment and they played us off the park that night - very impressive. So I’ll hang to that as cause for optimism for the time being.
let_it_bee

Postby John Hunt » 10 Jun 2021, 19:14

Norfolkbee wrote:Barnet are the only NL side to be managed by TWO UEFA Champions League winners.

Not forgetting the European successes of Ray Clemence and Alan Mullery back in the good old days of knockout football.

And Peter Shreeve(s) was coach under Keith Burkinshaw when Spurs won the UEFA Cup in 84.
John Hunt

Postby letchbee94 » 10 Jun 2021, 19:24

Welcome to the club Harry and Dean, look forward to seeing what happens next now.

Harry wife was also in OFAH xmas special in 1996, the batman and robin episode.
letchbee94

Postby barnetboy1 » 10 Jun 2021, 20:04

Welcome HK& DB.
Interesting, and encouraging appointments by TK.
I, as others have said, hope the synergy kicks in quickly and the lads on the retained list get some seriously good new friends to play with.
I so hope we're calling them Hazza & Deano v.soon (y'know what I mean) !!!

"He comes from a land down under,
Bees give 'em Thud & Blunder"

Sorry ,make that Blood & Thunder.

COYMightyBeees!
barnetboy1

Postby RichardM » 10 Jun 2021, 20:37

John Hunt wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Barnet are the only NL side to be managed by TWO UEFA Champions League winners.

Not forgetting the European successes of Ray Clemence and Alan Mullery back in the good old days of knockout football.

And Peter Shreeve(s) was coach under Keith Burkinshaw when Spurs won the UEFA Cup in 84.

Jimmy Greaves scored 2 goals when Spurs were the first British team to win a European trophy, The Cup Winners Cup, in 1963.
RichardM

Postby Norfolkbee » 10 Jun 2021, 20:55

RichardM wrote:
John Hunt wrote:

Jimmy Greaves scored 2 goals when Spurs were the first British team to win a European trophy, The Cup Winners Cup, in 1963.

Martin Chivers (ex-Bee) scored twice in the first leg of the UEFA Cup final v Wolves 1971/2. Mullery scored a worldie in the 2nd leg as Spurs won 4-2 on aggregate.
We won't mention that Mark Lawrenson, who attempted to play for Barnet, won a European Cup winners medal with Liverpool.
Norfolkbee

Postby bzzzzz » 10 Jun 2021, 21:37

So we've had quite a few names that have come to Barnet at the end of their careers to play or manage, but what is the biggest prize a player has won that was with us at the start of their career.

For several years there was an ex bee in the premiership, but I don't think that's the case anymore.
bzzzzz

Postby hoppy » 10 Jun 2021, 22:05

bzzzzz wrote:So we've had quite a few names that have come to Barnet at the end of their careers to play or manage, but what is the biggest prize a player has won that was with us at the start of their career.

For several years there was an ex bee in the premiership, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Graham Pearce played for Brighton in the 1983 FA Cup a Final.
hoppy

Postby wiggy » 11 Jun 2021, 00:31

BuzzardBee wrote:I assume we'll be signing a mixture of former Wealdstone, Oldham and Crawley players then. Anyone know who Kewells go to players were? Certainly an interesting appointment, got Brennan as back up should Kewell not do well.

Harry Kewell had Enzio Boldewijn (who has scored 6 goals against us in his career!) at both Crawley & Notts County, also under his wing at both clubs were Cedric Evina & Rob Milsom (just won the title with Sutton). [url][/url] https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-k ... iner/49141

Hopefully Brennan & Kewell can work well together & assemble a squad to challenge for promotion.
wiggy

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat