Match day experience

Match day experience

I have been following Barnet since 1961(making me a old git .)in the underhill days you basically you got what you payed for.The great atmosphere on the east terrace ,a programme (I still have most of mine) the goal time ticket which changed to a lucky draw ticket a pleasant chat with the lads in the tea huts and besides the football the club supplied entertainment, who will ever forget the young girl accrobats. But now I took my 12 year old grandson for his first visit on Saturday,I must admit I have not been for a couple of seasons due to my feelings of the direction the chairman has dragged the club.We strolled from the tube station car park and the lad was impressed with the training pitches the astro turf 5 a side pitches must have cost to lay,he said how well the stadium looked from the outside.He would have liked a programme but it appears they are online,not to worry the team will be up on the screen.Once inside the ground we queued 25 minutes for a hotdog there was 12 people in the queue as the lad had played football, in the morning he was starving so we missed the kick off.Great seats at the back of the legends stand.We did not have a clue who was playing as the screen opposite was blank and had been for a time I was told and the p a system was awful very muffled.If you can pay out for new AstroTurf pitches surley you can sort out the screen and p a system.Anyway my grandson lives in Milton Keynes he started compering The Hive with stadium M K .The training facilities far exceed M Ks the atmosphere in the legends stand was as good even though we were getting a stuffing,but for a 12 year old to think that the fans were being sold short with lack of communication and the waiting time for food and drinks,also there was no checks on entry people,especially bags were not checked( I see a Wrexham fans wife did have her beg checked).The lad said he would like to come again perhaps when things improve on and off the field,I will not hold my breath.
MCB

Re: Match day experience

Thank you, that's all noted and will be gone through in depth.