Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
dpa

Re: Hive

BarnetSteve wrote:New information on the planning application from abacus showing the results of the lighting test a couple of weeks ago.

They show that vertical lighting is well below ILP guidelines. This should mean that the planning officer will find it extremely difficult to use the lighting as a reason to refuse. Fingers crossed.
Thanks Steve,

Following the above I have just had a search of the Harrow planning site.

Looks like there has been some recent submissions that, in my eyes, look positive in terms of the changes to the West Stand/ Floodlights etc.

Firstly, on the case summary, I can see that the case officer appears to be 'recommending' the approval - although I may have misread this.

Document dated 14th August summarises the changes/ impact etc including the visual, light and noise issues. These have been assessed as low and local and in line with expectations for such a development by the planning department. They appear to be recommending approval.

Finally I can see that a decision will be made on the 3rd Sept. Will now depend on how 'political' the decision gets.

Have I read these documents correctly? does it look like the planning department are now recommending agreement to the changes?
Tuesds

finchleyman wrote:More nonsense at the Hive. After the nuneaton match, fans in the South Terrace were not let out at the west end by some rather plump steward/jobsworth. It was only after a bit of chat that he eventually succombed and opened the gate.

Who organises these buffoons? This really was absolutely ridiculous.
Am I right in thinking you mean it was the Eastern end exit which was closed? I, along with what seemed like everyone else on the South Terrace, headed to the West corner as it seemed people were being prevented from exiting via the East side.

It does seem strange that 80% of the people in the ground are funnelled towards the same exit on one corner of the ground. There must be some logic to it, but without knowing what that is it is a little frustrating, especially on a day like Saturday when there is literally not a single person exiting the East Stand via that South-East corner.
barnetpete

Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,

Shows once again what a bizarre world we live in. Stick the approved floodlights up and those residents really would have something to moan about.
jerroll

I guess we will need to move the Underhill lights over asap!
lyonsdownbee

I think the Underhill lights are taller than the permitted ones as well.
jerroll

lyonsdownbee wrote:I think the Underhill lights are taller than the permitted ones as well.
Well cut the bottoms off or bury them deeper!
lyonsdownbee

John.we may need those ones at Underhill !
jerroll

I doubt Barnet council would allow that!!
kingoffootball

It seems stupid for residents to be deliberately obstructive when if they "win" all they will succeed in is costing us some money and increasing the amount of light leakage they experience over current levels.
Three-time Conference champions
Sam_BFC

What a pain in the arse.

I wonder if the floodlights really did fool birds into waking for a false dawn.
lyonsdownbee

jerroll wrote:I doubt Barnet council would allow that!!
When our north west terrace consortium takes over we will charm the pants off them !!!
ricardobee

"When our north west terrace consortium takes over we will charm the pants off them !!!"

Amen, to that.

All it needs now is to win that lottery. Goodbye, Harrow Hornets; welcome, AFC Barnet!
John_c

ricardobee wrote:"When our north west terrace consortium takes over we will charm the pants off them !!!"

Amen, to that.

All it needs now is to win that lottery. Goodbye, Harrow Hornets; welcome, AFC Barnet!
I'll give it 4 weeks. Tops :grin:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ricardobee

"I'll give it 4 weeks. Tops"

Harrow Hornets? 4 weeks, no more like 4 days!