Underhill Photo Memories

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
LOST CAUSE

Re: Underhill Photo Memories

I see they used larger goal posts back then :laugh:
Moonchild_Bee

This thread will be in Classic Threads for those who find any more pics they want to post!
Moonchild_Bee

Sorry to link to the Mail, but want to preserve this link as lots of additional photos of Underhill I don't think have been included on this thread:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -stay.html

OK, here's a quiz question (presuming anyone ever reads this forum!) - name the opposition in these three games (a) presuming the Mail is right and b) bearing in mind I have no idea who the 1st team is as not mentioned and c) if you click on the link you'll see who 2 & 3 are!

torontobee

Well, I can vouch for the second one being the Brighton FAC 3rd rd game in 1982 - I was there! Brighton were in the top flight at the time - well-known centre half Steve Foster is very obvious in his trademark headband in the centre of the picture for the Seagulls, with Colin Barnes challenging in the area for Barnet and Gary Sargent looking on.

I am willing to believe the first one is the stated 1964/5 Enfield FAC 2nd rd game - we won a replay at Underhill 3-0, after a 4-4 draw at Enfield in the first game. The Preston game of course followed. The large crowd and evening setting would fit.

The first one is for sure Jimmy Greaves turning out at Underhill in 1977 or 1978 - could be any game at all, so best just to appreciate the man! Would have to say given his quality of play and number of goals scored, Greavesie was a better PLAYER for the Bees than Edgar. Both legends of course.
rodders123

Reckless wrote:Image

Oh go on then as you asked so nicely.
I reckon this is 1971/72 ( white stripe on shorts and amber socks) can anybody help me with the opposition please? It is probably early season with all the shirt sleeves and the pitch looking lush, could it be Worcester City? Thank you.
Reckless.
The player is Graham Newton, who went on to play several roles at worcester city
Mattamies

Good old colin barnes
Good old colin barnes
mike brooks

Great pic! Thanks for sharing it.
Mattamies

The smell of bovril at half and a crusty ham roll!...... They were the underhill days!