Never Going Back Again - The Fleetwood Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Never Going Back Again - The Fleetwood Match Thread

kingpinfid wrote:P10 W0 D2 L8 you don't need to watch every game to know that's shit. It's a results bssed business may i remind you.

I'll be there on tuesday to watch us lose again. But no doubt people will still makes excuses for the team, despite the fact that bristol rovers managedto turn over exeter yesterday.
Maybe we'll disappoint you by winning.

Or playing well, but then we did that yesterday and you still think we're shit.
goonerbee

jerroll wrote:
goonerbee wrote:dont worry we will win one of the next 2 games

if we didnt have the sending off we would have drawn again- mr stack shoiuld learn to keep his cool - he is suppossed to be the experianced one to calm the nerves

Classic comment from someone not at the game, Stack was sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity it had nothing to do with keeping his cool.

i didnt go but read this on the bbc

Dismissal - Graham Stack is sent off by the referee for foul and abusive language.

he had too much gob then the ref sent the big mouth off - perhaps you missed it - glad to be of help
jerroll

wrong , i was at the game and saw it with my own eyes, if he had abused the officials why did the ref pat him on the back after showing the red card. The BBC were wrong.
Last edited by jerroll on 30 Sep 2012, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
goonerbee

jerroll wrote:wrong , i was at the game and saw it with my own eyes, if he had abused the officials why did the ref pat him on the back after showing the red card. The BBC were wrong.

ok thanks for clearing that up as I was going mad at him
Jimbokav1971

goonerbee wrote:i didnt go but read this on the bbc

Dismissal - Graham Stack is sent off by the referee for foul and abusive language.

he had too much gob then the ref sent the big mouth off - perhaps you missed it - glad to be of help
The BBC, (and everyone else), often seem to get the reason for the dismissal wrong. I think that the system uses foul and abusive language as a pre-set as it often seems to be used when it is not actually the reason for the dismissal.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
jamiefrbees

I wasn't at the game, but it's obvious things are getting better and better.

A footballing philosophy's like Robson's actually does take some time to gel, develop and come together. It's not an overnight fix because it's an actual sophisticated approach, as opposed to the Dagenhams/ Stanleys of the league.

I was at the Rotherham game and was really encouraged, I followed on BBC sport today and am even more encouraged (and wasn't surprised to see us take the lead).

When that first win comes and it clicks, i can see us playing some of the best football we've seen at Underhill in a long time and playing some sides off the park.

Yes, it's been left late, but there are still 37 odd games left..that's a lot of football.

Keep the faith and please get behind the team from the whistle on Tuesday because the good times needn't be that far away.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
wearebees

goonerbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
goonerbee wrote:dont worry we will win one of the next 2 games

if we didnt have the sending off we would have drawn again- mr stack shoiuld learn to keep his cool - he is suppossed to be the experianced one to calm the nerves

Classic comment from someone not at the game, Stack was sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity it had nothing to do with keeping his cool.

i didnt go but read this on the bbc

Maybe you should listen to those at the game rather than BBC which couldn't even get full time scores right for a while.
Graham Stack ‏@GrahamStack1
Can I just clarify that I wasn't sent off for bad Language!! It was apparently a professional foul #gutted
Was always going to be difficult playing so long with ten men, we looked knackered by 70 minutes. Players gave it everything. Stephens and Pearce are forming a great partnership. Still don't really look like scoring loads but massive improvement since the new signings and I think the first team is more than capable of getting that first win soon.
BeesKnees

Just watched football league show,
Stack was really unlucky, guy was offside and all he did was make himself big like any keeper in that situation should do. Looking at where the ball went it looked like he might have got the ball first which makes the sending off even more ludicrous.

Bad luck bees, you deserved better and who knows whether we would have scored more had things gone our way.

Give Exeter hell on Tuesday .
Sam_BFC

jamiefrbees wrote:I wasn't at the game, but it's obvious things are getting better and better.

A footballing philosophy's like Robson's actually does take some time to gel, develop and come together. It's not an overnight fix because it's an actual sophisticated approach, as opposed to the Dagenhams/ Stanleys of the league.

I was at the Rotherham game and was really encouraged, I followed on BBC sport today and am even more encouraged (and wasn't surprised to see us take the lead).

When that first win comes and it clicks, i can see us playing some of the best football we've seen at Underhill in a long time and playing some sides off the park.

Yes, it's been left late, but there are still 37 odd games left..that's a lot of football.

Keep the faith and please get behind the team from the whistle on Tuesday because the good times needn't be that far away.
Glad to see your optimism return d00d.
goonerbee

we have to be positive and cheer the team on - make them fight
LeicesterBee

BarnetSteve wrote:Just watched football league show,
Stack was really unlucky, guy was offside and all he did was make himself big like any keeper in that situation should do.
I have reserved judgement on the sending off until I saw the incident myself but having just watched it on Barnet Player there is no question of the Fleetwood player being offside. There are 2 Barnet players on the far left of the screen inline with the 6 yard box playing him onside and it was a clear goalscoring opportunity - so red card I'm afraid.