chalton match thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Re: chalton match thread

Agree with both of the above reflections. Personally i don't think Kamdjo should be in the starting 11. A back four of Senda, Saville, Fortune and Brown is decent. Senda was there tonight and spoke to him briefly at h/t and he said he was hopeful for the start of the season so fingers crossed on that one.

Sometimes when we're in the shit defensively we need to just get rid of the ball rather than sticking to our playing pretty football principles. I'm all for playing nice football but at times a simple clearance is needed.

Missed Holmes up front also.
Phil The Force

Got to agree with firsthalf and Mikel,
It doesn't look good at the moment I'm afraid to say.
beemadalex

By the way, who was number 20 today, he looked a class better than anyone else in our team in the first half. The first free kick, I don't think you can do much about as the Charlton player managed to get the ball up and over the wall and in to the top corner not on the keepers side. The second free kick O'brien should have stopped and overall he didn't have a great game. Too many sloppy passes, if you can fix that up, then I think we have a chance of doing well this season.
barnetboys

I think we really need to find a goalkeeper. o'brien didnt play well and didn't see much of cowler.
I thought brown and edgar played very well linking together with byrne being the middle man, passing well in midfield.
Nurse looked good and so did olly lee. Just think we need a goalie and a right back. Thought the style of football is very good, much better than last season. Overall a pleasing performance against a championship first team more or less
mcleod23

We're playing against a team who will do well in the Championship this season for christ sake!. They were class with players such as Jackson, Wright-Phillips etc. Got to be realistic based upon who we're playing.

20 was Edgar btw.

A new GK, RB, RM and CF are a must for me.
Golf Delta

Mikel Bee wrote: Klovis Kamdjo still isn't a defender. He needs to be replaced and put back in midfield where he is more creative and mistakes aren't as fatal.
At whose expense? He needs to be as far away from a football pitch as possible and pick an alternative career, something that he is good at maybe.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
beemadalex

Couldn't agree more with reecey3
Golf Delta

Byron Anthony and the other right back triallists were appalling. Yiadom was better there.

I thought Brown was the pick of the bunch again, linking up well with Edgar. The midfield pair of Abdullah and Lee look like a real duo to be reckoned with, both very strong and skillful. And if Ricky had been playing where Byrne was tonight, we'd have been much stronger. Vilhete needs to go on loan to Boreham Wood or somewhere and come back stronger.

It was a shame Gambin didn't get much of a chance, I think he is going to be one to watch for the future.

The goalkeeping area I've covered elsewhere, needless to say, it is a huge problem. What's Dean Brill doing these days?
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
GRH

I'm not that downbeat as Charlton looked and are a good side. The passing and movement we showed in the first half will cause league two sides all sorts of problems.

We do need to get a right back, as on that showing Anthony is not the answer. I also don't think Kamdjo should be starting in defence and hope that Saville gets a start alongside Fortune next time out. O'Brien had a poor night too with bad positioning for the first goal and getting beaten on his side of the goal for the fourth.

Despite the score, it was an enjoyable friendly with two sides looking to play football on the deck.
Last edited by GRH on 26 Jul 2012, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
mcleod23

Agreed Golfdelta re kamdjo. Get Saville alongside Fortune and put Clovis on the bench.

A couple of more players who are potential starters are a must.
ninestein

even if Senda does make it back in 3 weeks time, he won't be match fit. We still need cover there. I just hope his idea of the "start of the season" isn't encompassing the first 10 games. We need him fit asap, but we mustn't rush it.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Mikel Bee

Golf Delta wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote: Klovis Kamdjo still isn't a defender. He needs to be replaced and put back in midfield where he is more creative and mistakes aren't as fatal.
At whose expense? He needs to be as far away from a football pitch as possible and pick an alternative career, something that he is good at maybe.
Granted, possibly at nobodies expense. Our midfield is looking fairly stable at present. Klovis does have a lot to offer in that area though. The way he holds the ball and distributes it did cause a lot of problems to L2 defences last season. His aerial abilities are also the best in the team.

If not a first teamer, then at least a very decent back up.
Golf Delta

Mikel Bee wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Mike! :Drink1:
Mikel Bee

Golf Delta wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Mike! :Drink1:
Agreed Drink2:
WeStillBelieve

Might be me seeing things, but I thought I saw Mark Marshall post match?

Edgar and Brown look a great partnership down the left. Didn't see enough of Uchechi to comment on his performance, but looks quite fast. Fortune is an experienced head at the back, needs a partner there. Not convinced by Kamdjo at all, especially after that awful slip 20 seconds in!