Charlton Game Back On

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Charlton Game Back On

On Thursday 26th July. Hurrah!!!! That's 4 friendlies confirmed, but no mention of Stevenage game on the site...? At least we're starting to pad out the period in late July with some fixtures, but will 4 games really be enough to gel a new side together?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

Re: Charlton Game Back On

Typically the only midweek date in the whole of preseason I cannot make!!
Sdodger

So now even the pre season games are being moved to night games by the club, whats going on??

Shambles.
becbee

Unfair to blame the club for this change of date. Not sure whether or not I'll be able to make it, however I am impressed that it's free to Season Ticket holders.
Moonchild_Bee

Sdodger wrote:So now even the pre season games are being moved to night games by the club, whats going on??

Shambles.
You seriously don't know why or by whom? :?:

Is this what's called a 'whoosh'?
Bee_Forever

Personally I blame Paul Fairclough. We were awarded the Olympics a few weeks after PF secured us promotion back to the football league, surely no co-incidence that London won the games on a tidal wave of euphoria after Fairclough's scurrilous actions restored barnet's league status.

And now the Olympics are causing a crucial game to be switched, one which could define our whole league sseason. I demand answers. Now. :bash:
jerroll

Bee_Forever wrote:Personally I blame Paul Fairclough. We were awarded the Olympics a few weeks after PF secured us promotion back to the football league, surely no co-incidence that London won the games on a tidal wave of euphoria after Fairclough's scurrilous actions restored barnet's league status.

And now the Olympics are causing a crucial game to be switched, one which could define our whole league sseason. I demand answers. Now. :bash:
Bit early to have been drinking Sir!!
reggie

jerroll wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Personally I blame Paul Fairclough. We were awarded the Olympics a few weeks after PF secured us promotion back to the football league, surely no co-incidence that London won the games on a tidal wave of euphoria after Fairclough's scurrilous actions restored barnet's league status.

I guess this an attempt to get somebody from the" not overly enamoured with Paul Fairclough " camp to bounce back with a reply! I have had my say and am clearly are in the minority so i have to take it on the chin with good grace that he is the architect of the new regime. I will be as supportive of his under 21's as much as the first team if it leads to the progression of the football club we cherish.
John Hunt

Mmmn - I am watching Olympic football in Newcastle that day. Is that where you will be JE ?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
jerroll

Hampden Park !
Paul Pasqualoni

The club moves the match to avoid a clash with the Olympics...

....and then fans can't go to the game as they are at the Olympics! :doh:

I assume it is on the Thursday as there is a Monday or Tuesday friendly already arranged but not "officially confirmed by the club"
Bee_Forever

reggie wrote:
jerroll wrote:

I guess this an attempt to get somebody from the" not overly enamoured with Paul Fairclough " camp to bounce back with a reply! I have had my say and am clearly are in the minority so i have to take it on the chin with good grace that he is the architect of the new regime. I will be as supportive of his under 21's as much as the first team if it leads to the progression of the football club we cherish.
Its never too early to start drinking JE!!

I hold a different view to Reggie as to Fairclough, and I believe that PF is one of the most successful Barnet managers ever, but my comment was not really aimed at those who dislike PF, but those who will use any opportunity to have a pop at the club, even when the match is moved because of the Olympics!
Sdodger

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
Sdodger wrote:So now even the pre season games are being moved to night games by the club, whats going on??

Shambles.

Was hoping to catch a few more with my comments, but alas not!
Moonchild_Bee

Sdodger wrote:
Moonchild_Bee wrote:

Shambles.

Was hoping to catch a few more with my comments, but alas not!
Thank god for night, I thought your comments are normally sane :laugh: