Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

Re: Maidenhoof (Away) The Sparkes Fly Match Thread

Just watched DB's post match interview. I looked closely and sure enough there was a rose tint in his glasses. Brilliant first half? Did their goalie have to make any saves? Plenty of team spirit, true. But we definitely lacked pace compared to the Magpies. How many times did Collinge and others pass back to Keeley to no benefit- dozens.
I noticed that he didn't have a go at Keeley for his serious misjudgement the same as he did at Walker after the Solihull game.
I think a couple of missed chances in the first half were due to the slope at that end of the pitch which seem to catch out NK and Stead.
Others have mentioned, and I agree, that many players looked tired later in the second half. If so is it because after the Solihull game DB said that the team would be in for training on Saturday and Sunday before the Oxford game? If that did happen then players would have only had one day's rest in the last 9 days. Anyway all teams are going to be tired this late in the season so adequate rest must be vital to get through the play offs.
For the record I don't agree with some negative comments made here about Coker. He works extremely hard and is the only player who consistently gets crosses into the box.
Reckless

Normal question, anyone get the attendance please?
11bee717

ETBee wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 09:48 Just watched DB's post match interview. I looked closely and sure enough there was a rose tint in his glasses. Brilliant first half? Did their goalie have to make any saves? Plenty of team spirit, true. But we definitely lacked pace compared to the Magpies. How many times did Collinge and others pass back to Keeley to no benefit- dozens.
I noticed that he didn't have a go at Keeley for his serious misjudgement the same as he did at Walker after the Solihull game.
I think a couple of missed chances in the first half were due to the slope at that end of the pitch which seem to catch out NK and Stead.
Others have mentioned, and I agree, that many players looked tired later in the second half. If so is it because after the Solihull game DB said that the team would be in for training on Saturday and Sunday before the Oxford game? If that did happen then players would have only had one day's rest in the last 9 days. Anyway all teams are going to be tired this late in the season so adequate rest must be vital to get through the play offs.
For the record I don't agree with some negative comments made here about Coker. He works extremely hard and is the only player who consistently gets crosses into the box.
If you create 3-4 1v1s in a half I don’t think there’s any rose tint… we just didn’t score them. That isn’t the fault of anyone else other than the strikers
rudebwoyben

Reckless wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 09:54 Normal question, anyone get the attendance please?
hoofer2

The wind was blowing a hooley all game - you could hear it on stream and commentators kept referring to it. Not the easiest of weather, but the team dug a result yet again.

To be 2nd in the league is remarkable, and pleased that DB is not calling out individual below par performances - but he does seem to treat Walker harshly. Walker is a big game keeper we need for the playoffs - the spine of leadership is Walker - Colinge - Okimo - Gorman - Pritchard - Kabamba and all could be a captain.

In recent games Walker's and Keeley's distribution has been equivalent. I don't think Keeley will be dropped for Bromley - it's clear he is DBs number one in spite of some interviews intimating spot is still up for grabs.
Reckless

rudebwoyben wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 10:12
Reckless wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 09:54 Normal question, anyone get the attendance please?
Thank you Rude, where on earth did you find it??
rudebwoyben

Reckless wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 10:14
Thank you Rude, where on earth did you find it??
They announced it at the match! Also listed on DHSH as such.
JWTBee

Last 8 games we are TOP of the Form Table. Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 1. GF 19 GA 8
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
John Hunt

Seemed more.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

Maybe DB didn't call out JK in the interview but he certainly did in his half time rant that a passer by recorded for posterity.

Along with everyone else to be fair.

He sent them out very early for the second half hoping for a reaction.

He got one . We conceded a second.

But our substitutes came and made a difference and we left the historic stadium rather happy.

What a lovely ground!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
letchbee94

Bad error from Keeley and if that was Walker I reckon he would be dropped for next name.
Personally I would prefer Walker especially for play offs but if DB sticks with Kelley then fair enough.

Credit to Maidenhead but also credit to our players (especially the subs) for coming from behind and not giving up.
At time I could not see it and having seen it again I can't see how we got the penalty but will take as we have had blatant ones NOT given to us as well.

If my maths is right I think just 1 point needed now to secure top 3.
becbee

John Hunt wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 14:16
Seemed more.
It's what their P.A. announced.
BGr

JWTBee wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 13:20 Last 8 games we are TOP of the Form Table. Won 5 Drawn 2 Lost 1. GF 19 GA 8
So key, and if my memory serves me correctly, the opposite of last season. We are hitting the playoffs on a roll.
BeesKnees99

John Hunt wrote:Maybe DB didn't call out JK in the interview but he certainly did in his half time rant that a passer by recorded for posterity.

Along with everyone else to be fair.

He sent them out very early for the second half hoping for a reaction.

He got one . We conceded a second.

But our substitutes came and made a difference and we left the historic stadium rather happy.

What a lovely ground!
Where’s the recording?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jerroll

letchbee94 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 14:28 Bad error from Keeley and if that was Walker I reckon he would be dropped for next name.
Personally I would prefer Walker especially for play offs but if DB sticks with Kelley then fair enough.

Credit to Maidenhead but also credit to our players (especially the subs) for coming from behind and not giving up.
At time I could not see it and having seen it again I can't see how we got the penalty but will take as we have had blatant ones NOT given to us as well.

If my maths is right I think just 1 point needed now to secure top 3.
nope we have 79, Bromley can get 86 and Gateshead 84 but play each other so 83 at least required. Beat Bromley and that will give us 82 which would be sufficient as Bromley and Gateshead would not both be able to get that!