Run In Spreadsheet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
JWTBee

Re: Run In Spreadsheet

jerroll wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 13:57 Our fiends from Ruislip are unhappy at being forced to rearrange their Bromley game for Wednesday evening despite having FIVE!! players on international duties!!
That doesn't do us any favours either!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
becbee

Of course in normal circumstances they'd have got their match postponed for having at least 3 International call ups - let alone a match being rearranged to be played when they have 5. Although how do they manage 5?!

However if Wealdstone hadn't had all their postponements due to their waterlogged pitch, this problem wouldn't have arisen. They already have 10 matches in the 4 weeks starting Saturday so clearly there's no other way of fitting this 11th match in other than this week. I have no sympathy with them.

However their incompetence works against us when it's Bromley they're playing with a weakened team.
jerroll

becbee wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 14:55 Of course in normal circumstances they'd have got their match postponed for having at least 3 International call ups - let alone a match being rearranged to be played when they have 5. Although how do they manage 5?!

However if Wealdstone hadn't had all their postponements due to their waterlogged pitch, this problem wouldn't have arisen. They already have 10 matches in the 4 weeks starting Saturday so clearly there's no other way of fitting this 11th match in other than this week. I have no sympathy with them.

However their incompetence works against us when it's Bromley they're playing with a weakened team.
1 is a kid from their academy who has never played a first team game so looks like they are milking it a bit!
#Beebot

jerroll wrote:
becbee wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 14:55 Of course in normal circumstances they'd have got their match postponed for having at least 3 International call ups - let alone a match being rearranged to be played when they have 5. Although how do they manage 5?!

1 is a kid from their academy who has never played a first team game so looks like they are milking it a bit!
In fairness, I'm pretty sure we did the same when Matrevics and Vasiliou were called up even though neither was going to start
jerroll

#Beebot wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 15:42
jerroll wrote:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure we did the same when Matrevics and Vasiliou were called up even though neither was going to start
That was to get the game off which they haven't tried to do so!
PBBee

I suppose whenever their game was rearranged for it would be massively in Bromley's favour what with Wealdstone playing so many games in a short period - so at least some of their remaining players are fresher than they would have been....

I'll let them off if Mccallum is nowhere to be seen tomorrow night....
becbee

#Beebot wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 15:42
jerroll wrote:

Yes, we did it so that we didn't lose Jack Taylor but Matrevics was our reserve keeper and we weren't trying to stop previously waterlogged matches being rearranged.
BedfordBee

Updated following yesterday's great results :)
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.85 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
PBBee

Thinking far too far ahead once again but.....fixture wise it actually looks better to finish 3rd as your opponents have 1 less day's rest than 2nd's opponents & also it was the 3.30pm kick off last year (this bit is unconfirmed). Small margins & that but still.

3.30pm - we can nervously watch the other semi & most of the NLD derby to keep us distracted from thinking about the game.
jerroll

Wealdstone defeat guarantees top 9 finish, Solihull max points now on 81! Gateshead 84 and Aldershot 82 and they meet on 9th April. Fairly certain 2 more wins will secure top 3 now.
jamiefrbees

PBBee wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 13:10 Thinking far too far ahead once again but.....fixture wise it actually looks better to finish 3rd as your opponents have 1 less day's rest than 2nd's opponents & also it was the 3.30pm kick off last year (this bit is unconfirmed). Small margins & that but still.

3.30pm - we can nervously watch the other semi & most of the NLD derby to keep us distracted from thinking about the game.
Just anything to avoid Gateshead (at least until Wembley)

They're the only team I feel could beat us
BedfordBee

Updated after last nights results:-

3 wins will guarantee us top 3, although so will 2 wins if we beat Halifax & Solihull Moors or Bromley.
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.68 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
jerroll

Halifax off again today, let hope for a period of dry weather leading up to 13th otherwise it could get very silly trying to rearrange at 1 or 2 days notice!
BedfordBee

Updated spreadsheet - nearly there :)
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
JWTBee

How about another updated spreadsheet!? I can hardly contain my excitement!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!