Run In Spreadsheet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
john dockers shorts

Re: Run In Spreadsheet

Underhill Glory wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:06 It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
Imagine watching Barnet play at Wembley in the Trophy and forgetting about it in months lol

Thankfully DB will play his strongest team as always
becbee

This FAT argument won't go away because we fans have conflicting opinions. However the pro FAT fans make out that it's about Wembley. However as we saw last season, however seriously we take the FAT, it doesn't mean we will necessarily get there and doing so can be at the expense of league points. Remember York last season?

I already have my ticket for next Saturday but I'd rather we lost at Bromley than had a repeat of last season defeat in the semi final at Gateshead.
jerroll

becbee wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:29 This FAT argument won't go away because we fans have conflicting opinions. However the pro FAT fans make out that it's about Wembley. However as we saw last season, however seriously we take the FAT, it doesn't mean we will necessarily get there and doing so can be at the expense of league points. Remember York last season?

I already have my ticket for next Saturday but I'd rather we lost at Bromley than had a repeat of last season defeat in the semi final at Gateshead.
yes i remember York , it was 1 league game out of 46 and made no difference to where we finished in the league!for me the trophy isn't about Wembley its about winning silverware hence i am still angry with Mr Fairclough for the team that played at Morecambe v Carlisle in 2005 when Wembley was still being built!
John Hunt

john dockers shorts wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:56
Underhill Glory wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:06 It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
Imagine watching Barnet play at Wembley in the Trophy and forgetting about it in months lol

Something we have been waiting for over 50 years.

Have those who were there forgotten about when they went to Wembley with Barnet?

Mind you they'd need to have good memories as it was so long ago.

League games occur regularly and merge into one sadly for me but I'd love to win the trophy.

(and we can and the play off final too).

Come on you Bees.

Disclaimer - getting a fridge delivered on Saturday so can't be at Bromley. I wish I could. I will be enjoying a David Bowie (Bromley raised) tribute after in the evening hopefully still dreaming of Wembley on two fronts.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

Getting a fridge delivered seems a strange excuse to miss a football match? Surely they could delver on a different day or someone else could stay in for it?
John Hunt

becbee wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:56 Getting a fridge delivered seems a strange excuse to miss a football match? Surely they could delver on a different day or someone else could stay in for it?
What a terrible choice I have made.

I will hang my head in shame!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

John Hunt wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:58
becbee wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:56 Getting a fridge delivered seems a strange excuse to miss a football match? Surely they could delver on a different day or someone else could stay in for it?
What a terrible choice I have made.

I will hang my head in shame!
I don't mean it like that, it was just that you said you wished you could be at Bromley. Your business.
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:29 This FAT argument won't go away because we fans have conflicting opinions. However the pro FAT fans make out that it's about Wembley. However as we saw last season, however seriously we take the FAT, it doesn't mean we will necessarily get there and doing so can be at the expense of league points. Remember York last season?

What a strange way to view football. You can have both success in Trophy and league never get this mentality with some fans who are so scared of us progressing just in case a scenario that has happened might happen or not!

I must be old fashioned to want us to progress in all competitions we play to win stuff!

Pretty sure if got to Wembley in the Trophy you will bathe in the day out.
pgbee

John Hunt wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 12:37
john dockers shorts wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:56

Something we have been waiting for over 50 years.

Have those who were there forgotten about when they went to Wembley with Barnet?

Mind you they'd need to have good memories as it was so long ago.

League games occur regularly and merge into one sadly for me but I'd love to win the trophy.

(and we can and the play off final too).

Come on you Bees.

Disclaimer - getting a fridge delivered on Saturday so can't be at Bromley. I wish I could. I will be enjoying a David Bowie (Bromley raised) tribute after in the evening hopefully still dreaming of Wembley on two fronts.
I will always remember that day in 1972! My first trip to Wembley and I had a Barnet rosette, anyone else remember them at Cup Finals?
barnet_pls

we've had 54 years waiting to get to Wembley & it would be so Barnet to get there 2 Saturdays in a row !!!
b4life

A can guarantee 100% that we're going to get to the FA trophy final and not the Play Off final as I have a non-negiotiable family event on the 11th May but free the Saturday before. :geahh:
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
john dockers shorts

b4life wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 14:56 A can guarantee 100% that we're going to get to the FA trophy final and not the Play Off final as I have a non-negiotiable family event on the 11th May but free the Saturday before. :geahh:
That old excuse...not the old my fridge is being delivered story...
Evanstribe

This has gone rather off topic, but it strikes me that you need to approach the FA Trophy in one of two ways:

1. Decide not to take it seriously from the first round, play reserves and go out early. If I remember rightly, that was Martin Allen's approach to the competition in 14/15.

2. Play strong sides throughout and try to go as far in the trophy as possible, as with this season.

Though my preference is to go for it, they're both valid approaches, and the former obviously worked out for us under MA.

But what would make absolutely no sense whatsoever would be not to throw everything at winning it by this stage. We have to play the quarter final regardless, and the final is after the playoffs. So you're talking about a paltry one extra game for the chance of a Wembley final and silverware.

Luckily, no sane manager would sacrifice the competition at this point, so we can surely expect a full strength team on Saturday.
ninestein

DB will he going after that trophy, no debate there.
For me, this Tuesday is about grinding out another 3 points at home to Rochdale. Then for the trophy game we may see a couple more players back in contention. Then we can rotate a little bit.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
letchbee94

IF we can win Tuesday then Oldham v Bromley being draw would be good.