Run In Spreadsheet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BedfordBee

Run In Spreadsheet

Evening all,

Fantastic result today and again other results also going our way.

Have pulled together the spreadsheet for the run in and some interesting fixtures coming up. All of Bromley's fixtures are either relegation teams or play off teams.

The spreadsheet has 2 page - 1st page compares results to last season (Wrexham & Notts Co replaced with Hartlepool & Rochdale and same done with relegated / promoted side to National South & North).

We are 8 points ahead of last season and with 10 games to go we got 17 points from these sides last season).

The 2nd page shows fixtures left for each time - I've done 9th upwards as a play off team (would take a good run for Hartlepool / Eastleigh to break in) - if that starts to happen I will amend. Relegation battle teams are from 17th - (AFC Fylde down).

If Red Italic text then side is playing a relegation battle team - if background colours match - it shows another play off team they are playing.

I'll aim to update after each game - hope you enjoy - if you need anything added let me know.
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.86 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
thebeekeeper

Re: Run In Spreadsheet

Very interesting. It's obviously difficult to know what represents an 'easy' fixture on paper - that will change over time depending on form / what teams have left to play for, and relegation-threatened sides raise their game when it comes to crunch time.

But, with those caveats, it does look as though we've got a relatively favourable run-in compared with some of our rivals:

- Three teams from the 'top nine' category on your sheet - two of which are at home (and two of which are currently in the play-off line-up).

- Five teams in the current relegation battle, including Oxford City (H), who are well adrift from safety (they could even be relegated by the time we play them). Two of those are at home, three are away.

- Rochdale and Eastleigh, who aren't currently involved at either end of the table, both at home.

- Perhaps crucially, six of our remaining fixtures are at home, with four of them away.
hoppy

Will our progress in the FA Trophy be a fly in the ointment regarding us finishing in the top 3?
DerekRocholl

hoppy wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:20 Will our progress in the FA Trophy be a fly in the ointment regarding us finishing in the top 3?
No, it will help us maintain a consistent and strong level of form and keep the whole squad involved and fully motivated.
beew

DerekRocholl wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:56
hoppy wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:20 Will our progress in the FA Trophy be a fly in the ointment regarding us finishing in the top 3?
No, it will help us maintain a consistent and strong level of form and keep the whole squad involved and fully motivated.
I'd personally like to see us rest players in the trophy and concentrate on getting to Wembley with a fit team to win promotion. We've an incredible opportunity to get out of this league this season and we need to focus on achieving it. Bookies have shortened us to 6/4 fav to go up against Bromley 7/2, Gateshead 6/1, Altrincham 10/1 and 12/1 bar others. I understand the trophy wins are for life sayers but promotion out of this stagnant league is a must for me.
hoofer2

I second this. Up to 3 more games only. Stronger squad than last year. More than enough players to rotate in spite of injuries.

Wynter hasn't had a look in for most of season and very strong squad player.
Tuesds

hoofer2 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 01:22
I second this. Up to 3 more games only. Stronger squad than last year. More than enough players to rotate in spite of injuries.

Wynter hasn't had a look in for most of season and very strong squad player.
Agreed, plus it’s a maximum two more games before the league season, including playoffs, is concluded.

Lots of talk on here that the Trophy is harmful to league prospects, yet the teams in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the league are all in the last 8!
ninestein

The prospect of a Wembley final is too good an opportunity to just throw away at this stage.
Hoping we can see off Bromley then get a home semi-final. What an occasion that would be. And potentially a dress rehearsal for a playoff occasion a few weeks later.

One thing I've learned as a fan over the years is to enjoy the moment right now. Don't worry about what might happen next month or even next season. We're 2 thirds through a brilliant season. Enjoy it. I'm glass half full, and I'm still dreaming of us appearing twice at Wembley in May.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

beew wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 23:41
I'd personally like to see us rest players in the trophy and concentrate on getting to Wembley with a fit team to win promotion. We've an incredible opportunity to get out of this league this season and we need to focus on achieving it. Bookies have shortened us to 6/4 fav to go up against Bromley 7/2, Gateshead 6/1, Altrincham 10/1 and 12/1 bar others. I understand the trophy wins are for life sayers but promotion out of this stagnant league is a must for me.
Why can't we do both ffs! 2 whole games one of which could be used to build up returning players match fitness for the league run in. Bad weather is more of a fear than the trophy for me - Woking were rained off yesterday so certainly don't need any weather postponements! if we make the trophy final it would mean we played 5 games over 5 months 2 of which were scheduled dates without league fixtures plus had we lost at Welling Bromley would still have had to be rearranged due ti their own progress. if we lose at Bromley by playing a strong team fair enough, if we rest players like at Gateshead i won't be as happy!
jerroll

Back on topic , thanks to Bedfordbee for doing this.
John Hunt

Great answer!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

jerroll wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 09:42
beew wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 23:41
Why can't we do both ffs! 2 whole games one of which could be used to build up returning players match fitness for the league run in. Bad weather is more of a fear than the trophy for me - Woking were rained off yesterday so certainly don't need any weather postponements! if we make the trophy final it would mean we played 5 games over 5 months 2 of which were scheduled dates without league fixtures plus had we lost at Welling Bromley would still have had to be rearranged due ti their own progress. if we lose at Bromley by playing a strong team fair enough, if we rest players like at Gateshead i won't be as happy!
Well said.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
DSM

We have a very strong first 11 and pretty strong 2nd 11. DB wanted to give us a proper squad this year and we’ve achieved that.

First 11

Keeley
RHJ
Collinge
Thompson
Okimo
Kanu
Pritchard
Hartigan
Brunt
Freeman
Kabamba

Second 11

Walker
Cropper
Wynter
Oluwo
Stevens
Coker
Gorman
Armstrong
JMD
Stead
GO’D

This doesn’t include Senior at all.

We are well placed for this! An exciting few months awaits let’s enjoy the ride
Underhill Glory

It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
jerroll

Underhill Glory wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 11:06 It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
What kids - we don't have a proper youth set up!!! We aren't Chelsea or Man UTD we are Barnet and have 25 or so pros plus a college scheme. you call yourself under hill glory but you don't want us to have some glory by winning a cup competition! shall we cancel training too as that takes place most of the time on an artificial pitch.