York City (The Hive Tenporary Stadium) The Say Harrow Wave Goodbye Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: York City (The Hive Tenporary Stadium) The Say Harrow Wave Goodbye Thread

beew wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 17:05
Roy57 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 16:52 Think Okimio needs a special mention, with all the injuries we have picked up yet hear he is 35 years old, hardly misses a game, and every week he puts in a 7/8 out of 10 performance. What a signing.
It's refreshing how our recruitment has changed massively under DB. Apart from Hooper we've signed very good fit players. Hopefully Freeman will be another name to add to the list
York City (And Woking) are examples of what happens when you sign unfit players.
jamiefrbees

BeesKnees99 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 17:18
Just wish we could be more consistent with these performances.
It's such a competitive league that no team really has the right to win all their games. (Chesterfield an exception of course with their gulf in class).

We've put some good runs together, as have a few other teams. Everyone was saying Altrincham are world-beaters and going to catch us, though I had faith their blip would come, and sure enough it has, in a big way (0 from their last possible 9 points). It's only natural in such a tight, hard-fought league. This is akin to the Brennanism we hear so often in interviews - 'no-one has a right to win any games in this division/ no easy games' etc

At the end of the day, we've been more consistent than 22 other teams so far this season and hence we sit in 2nd.
BeesKnees99

Beeboardwarrior wrote:
And cue the negativity…it’s tiresome supporting a team second in the league…
I love how you picked the very last line of my very positive review in order to fit your narrative.

So I want the team to be a bit less Jekyll and Hyde - shoot me.
Big Bondz NGala

Thought Ben Tomlinson was exceptional up top for us today.
john dockers shorts

A very controlled performance against limited opposition. Good thing was even with an improved York effort second half We got on top.

Stead reminds me of Liam Hatch, very messy player but an absolute pain to play against
let_it_bee

john dockers shorts wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 18:34 Stead reminds me of Liam Hatch, very messy player but an absolute pain to play against
I don’t think he’s that messy actually - he’s got decent technique, alongside his boundless energy. I think they’ve got the makings of a really effective partnership up front, as shown by the first goal, where Odonker made a good decoy run to create the space.
Having missed a few games for various reasons I was watching 5 of our players today for the first today and all of them look really sound acquisitions. Plenty of quality out there despite the horrific injury list. A pretty comfortable win in the end despite them having a couple of good chances second half. Bit of a shame we couldn’t have knocked in a couple more with them throwing so many men forward late on.
barnetboy1

john dockers shorts wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 18:34 A very controlled performance against limited opposition. Good thing was even with an improved York effort second half We got on top.

Stead reminds me of Liam Hatch, very messy player but an absolute pain to play against
I believe Arnie based his portrayal of The Terminator on Hatchy's tackles.
Chainsaw

Attendance - 2187.
Very good turnout by the City fans who virtually filled two blocks of the away seats. Long way to come, team not doing well and frankly are not very good. Even when 2 - 0 down and no sign of them getting back into the match they kept singing continuously. I have always thought fans of Yorkshire clubs are the most noisy and vociferous.
rudebwoyben

Chainsaw wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 20:14 Attendance - 2187.
Very good turnout by the City fans who virtually filled two blocks of the away seats. Long way to come, team not doing well and frankly are not very good. Even when 2 - 0 down and no sign of them getting back into the match they kept singing continuously. I have always thought fans of Yorkshire clubs are the most noisy and vociferous.
530 away fans, which is an excellent turnout.
John Hunt

Have we started doing our commentaries now again?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

Have we started doing our commentaries now again?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
djhdjh

Luke Freeman looks class now that he's getting on the pace of the game. Great body position to shield the ball, sees the play quickly, makes good runs off the ball and uses the outside of his foot to create passing angles. Can see why he's played at a higher level than the rest of them. Picking a midfield out of him, Brunt, Pritchard, Gorman and Hartigan is going to be fun once Gorman is back.

Big well done for Pritch, he plays all over the place for the team and always gives at least a solid performance in both defence and attack.
BeesKnees99

djhdjh wrote:Luke Freeman looks class now that he's getting on the pace of the game. Great body position to shield the ball, sees the play quickly, makes good runs off the ball and uses the outside of his foot to create passing angles. Can see why he's played at a higher level than the rest of them. Picking a midfield out of him, Brunt, Pritchard, Gorman and Hartigan is going to be fun once Gorman is back.

Big well done for Pritch, he plays all over the place for the team and always gives at least a solid performance in both defence and attack.
Plus Maguire-Drew, another really quality player for this level
Doyley

All did well today, but Stead and Pritchard stood out for me. And Okimo just so good and not only in defence, he adds something when he brings the ball out
jamiefrbees

BeesKnees99 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 17:42
Beeboardwarrior wrote:
And cue the negativity…it’s tiresome supporting a team second in the league…
I love how you picked the very last line of my very positive review in order to fit your narrative.

So I want the team to be a bit less Jekyll and Hyde - shoot me.

Isn't that stating the obvious though? Every team is Jekyll and Hyde to a more or lesser extent....i.e. in some games, the opposing team's game plan will trump theirs and the opposition will come out on top. There are more variables than Barnet just playing well or not, the opposing team have a say in the flow of the game. Hence why Brennan doffed his hat to Aldershot on Tuesday night.

I'd argue almost every team in this division can play football and outplay another side on their day. So I imagine the desire to be less Jekyll and Hyde is probably the request of about every single fan of every club in the division. (Especially Bromley, Oldham, Aldershot and Altrincham tonight probably).