Chairman's statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Chairman's statement

Norfolkbee wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:12 Wasn't there one season with a few Saturday postponements, due to the poor stage of the pitch? This meant extra night games, which generally draw lower crowds. Just a thought, but I could be wrong.
19/20?
barnetjohn

Lots of good issues being raised here. My sense from here, and chatting to fans generally is that there is massive support for the idea of moving back to Underhill but after the excitement of the initial announcement the council statement has dampened expectations.

At the moment there isn't a huge amount of information on the development/move. The statement set out the desire to move, mentioned the club wanted to begin pre-planning and had some mockups of a possible design. In planning terms it is really early days.

Trying to distil down the discussion I think a few key questions emerge.

1) Who owns the land the club intends to build on?

2) Has the club spoken to those owners and do they support the plan?

3) What engagement has been done with council, local area and broader community?

4) What's the plan for the Hive if the scheme succeeds?

5) What's the plan for the Hive if the scheme fails?

I think the club are planning an update to put some more flesh on the bones of the idea. Answers to these questions would be a valuable part of that.
North Finchley Bee

Re point 3, minimal with the council. They weren't consulted on the Club's Press Release. I think Barnet Labour are supportive of the club moving back, but it has to be a feasible location and South Underhill may not be it I'm afraid.
JWTBee

iainb wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:22 We did a fuller dive into attendance data a few months ago.

It's a complex picture but there are some quite worrying trends. Interestingly, relegation has not impacted upon the crowds at the likes of Oldham, Rochdale, Chesterfield, York etc - who in some cases have grown their attendances while falling from L1 to the National League.

https://beespod.substack.com/p/attendan ... he-problem
Iain - what happened to Part 2?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
iainb

JWTBee wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 14:29
iainb wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:22 We did a fuller dive into attendance data a few months ago.

It's a complex picture but there are some quite worrying trends. Interestingly, relegation has not impacted upon the crowds at the likes of Oldham, Rochdale, Chesterfield, York etc - who in some cases have grown their attendances while falling from L1 to the National League.

https://beespod.substack.com/p/attendan ... he-problem
Iain - what happened to Part 2?
Life (unfortunately!)

Will definitely get it out over the next few weeks - especially with the latest news
BeesPod
Original, infrequent, and irreverent Barnet FC podcast
http://www.soundcloud.com/beespod
JWTBee

Great! As you know I absolutely love all of your podcasts! You,Charlie & Mem are a brilliant team!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
letchbee94

barnetjohn wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 12:30 Lots of good issues being raised here. My sense from here, and chatting to fans generally is that there is massive support for the idea of moving back to Underhill but after the excitement of the initial announcement the council statement has dampened expectations.

At the moment there isn't a huge amount of information on the development/move. The statement set out the desire to move, mentioned the club wanted to begin pre-planning and had some mockups of a possible design. In planning terms it is really early days.

3) What engagement has been done with council, local area and broader community?

I think the club are planning an update to put some more flesh on the bones of the idea. Answers to these questions would be a valuable part of that.
Would be nice to hear answers to those questions John.
thebeekeeper

letchbee94 wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 20:16
barnetjohn wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 12:30 Lots of good issues being raised here. My sense from here, and chatting to fans generally is that there is massive support for the idea of moving back to Underhill but after the excitement of the initial announcement the council statement has dampened expectations.

I'm also itching for a stadium update, as I'm sure are plenty of other people. The initial statement did say that "we will be providing a progress update at the end of the month", so hopefully we may hear something by Thursday or Friday this week.
ETBee

thebeekeeper wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 10:35

I'm also itching for a stadium update, as I'm sure are plenty of other people. The initial statement did say that "we will be providing a progress update at the end of the month", so hopefully we may hear something by Thursday or Friday this week.
Don't hold your breath. These things take for ever especially as TK has yet to develop the plans or involve the council.
thebeekeeper

ETBee wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 10:46
thebeekeeper wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 10:35

Don't hold your breath. These things take for ever especially as TK has yet to develop the plans or involve the council.
I'm not suggesting that the update will contain anything concrete or comprehensive, just that there is due to be one - based on the initial announcement.
barnetjohn

Tomorrow is the last day of the month so we shouldn't have long to wait!
Anthony

barnetjohn wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:01 Tomorrow is the last day of the month so we shouldn't have long to wait!
Hopefully something gets up up soon, I am not sure my refresh button can take the strain.
John Hunt

Anthony wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:10
barnetjohn wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:01 Tomorrow is the last day of the month so we shouldn't have long to wait!
Hopefully something gets up up soon, I am not sure my refresh button can take the strain.
Patience is a virtue!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Anthony

John Hunt wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:22
Patience is a virtue!
I am still waiting for Paul Fairclough's promised monthly updates as PEPF was being redeveloped back in 2010!
John Hunt

Anthony wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:26
John Hunt wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 15:22
Patience is a virtue!
I am still waiting for Paul Fairclough's promised monthly updates as PEPF was being redeveloped back in 2010!
The update is going to be a referendum as to whether or not we want to stay in Cannons Park or return to Barnet.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926