Laurie Walker

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
cozytheref

Laurie Walker

Living in Australia I am out of touch sometimes with club going ons.
Does anyone know what’s happening with Laurie Walker. Just disappeared off the scene, not even on the bench
Thought he was a decent keeper one for the future.
Has he fallen out with Brennan?
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
BGr

Re: Laurie Walker

Looks like a fallout and dropped for Keeley.
becbee

His reward for 3 successive clean sheets was to disappear. Quite clearly there has been a fall out. I doubt anyone can get on the wrong side of DB and not be the loser.

He's 34 years old so I'd not say one for the future, more for now.
hoofer2

He took a real clattering at the end of the Southend game and required lengthy treatment and was was moving gingerly. Perhaps it may have impacted 100% mobility.

That said I was half expecting a transfer out the blue.

There were at least 2 matches where Collinge and Walker clashed vocally due to mix up. In my opinion Collinge was marauding too far forwards and Walker had to come to almost halfway line - with Hartigan in this has been better
BeesKnees99

Something’s definitely gone on between Laurie and DB.

Laurie definitely hasn’t reach the heights of last season and looks a lot more error prone, but the way he’s been frozen out suggests something else has happened.

He is not injured according to his Dad.

I remember a Southend fan claiming Laurie had asked someone at the club to ‘put a good word in’ - no idea if that’s remotely true but certainly violates DB’s loyalty policy. Now he doesn’t even make the bench.

From the outside it looks like Laurie has been treated extremely poorly for someone who has served the club so well.

Communication isn’t exactly forthcoming at the best of times so I expect Laurie to suddenly disappear off to another club and DB will briefly thank him for his service in a post-match interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TWS

It's been confirmed by a family member on twitter that has isn't injured and is 100% fit.
john dockers shorts

We all love Laurie and his antics.

I don't remember the lovin for Gorman when he lost his place.

Gormo hadn't put a foot wrong imo
talldarkslim

He was a total embarrassment against Newport
djhdjh

john dockers shorts wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 11:12 We all love Laurie and his antics.

Gorman was in and out of the side and coming off the bench when he wasn't starting. Bit different (inevitably for a goalkeeper to some extent) to Walker's situation.

And Walker was significantly better than Gorman last season (not that Gorman wasn't good) so complaining that there's a "love-in" for Walker seems a bit odd.
CrawleyBee

BeesKnees99 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 10:50 Something’s definitely gone on between Laurie and DB.

Laurie definitely hasn’t reach the heights of last season and looks a lot more error prone, but the way he’s been frozen out suggests something else has happened.

He is not injured according to his Dad.

I remember a Southend fan claiming Laurie had asked someone at the club to ‘put a good word in’ - no idea if that’s remotely true but certainly violates DB’s loyalty policy. Now he doesn’t even make the bench.

From the outside it looks like Laurie has been treated extremely poorly for someone who has served the club so well.

Communication isn’t exactly forthcoming at the best of times so I expect Laurie to suddenly disappear off to another club and DB will briefly thank him for his service in a post-match interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard this too about trying to engineer a move to Southend, although his dad on twitter denies this. Who knows what has gone on, obviously something more than just out of favour.
Formerly Watfordbee
john dockers shorts

djhdjh wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 12:58
john dockers shorts wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 11:12 We all love Laurie and his antics.

Gorman was in and out of the side and coming off the bench when he wasn't starting. Bit different (inevitably for a goalkeeper to some extent) to Walker's situation.

And Walker was significantly better than Gorman last season (not that Gorman wasn't good) so complaining that there's a "love-in" for Walker seems a bit odd.
Point is Gormo was first on team sheet, Hartigan comes in and he loses his place.

I don't really care either way, a GK is always above dropping compared to outfield.
amberforever

I personally think we are going to miss Lawrie’s big match experience and away crowd handling in the run in. A mystery really, his form beforehand was very good.
JK is not doing badly, but maybe the away mob behind the goal at the stones match unsettled him for their equaliser.
letchbee94

Was told by someone on coaching team while team was warming up at Oldham that he had bad shoulder.
pokal02

Surely Laurie should at least have been on the bench Sat if fit? Suppose Keeley had been sent off/injured & it had gone to pens!
Norfolkbee

It sounds a bit like "artistic differences" with DB asking Walker to adapt his style, which was something he would not or could not do. You certainly could not fault his shot-stopping, which IMO is a keeper's main role. It seems rather like de Gea's situation at Man Utd.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 11 Feb 2024, 17:15, edited 2 times in total.