Rochdale (A) The Underhill and Dale Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Rochdale (A) The Underhill and Dale Match Thread

The difference between Rochdale and our other matches is that we've made mistakes previously but apart from Hartlepool's first goal ( and maybe others I've chosen to forget!), we've got away with them because the opposition haven't been smart enough to make the most of our mistakes /their opportunities. Probably no bad thing to have a wake up call that we can work on but hopefully other teams won't have Rochdale's incisiveness.
hoppy

Rochdale have severe financial problems and are facing liquidation or administration.
beew

hoppy wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 18:39 Rochdale have severe financial problems and are facing liquidation or administration.
10 point deduction puts them deep in relegation woes
John Hunt

Sad to hear. They used to travel to play our supporters team back in the day. Good lads they were.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

Why have they still got L1 costs? They haven't been in L1 since 20/21 so surely none of their players from back then are still contracted to them?

They finished 21/22 18th in L2, sacked 2 managers and had a High Court action taken against them and were given a suspended 6 point penalty. Clearly things were disastrous even before their relegation in the following season.

Even decades ago Rochdale were forever seeking re-election. They even finished bottom the year that Southport were voted out of the League by the Old Pals Act. I hope they turn it around, their fans deserve better.
jerroll

Torquay Joining Rochdale in the poop, their chairman has resigned and called in administrator's so they will only be 4pts above drop zone in NLS. Without being a vulture I wonder whether either club has any players Dean fancies that we could pick up on frees on contracts until the end of the season?
hoppy

jerroll wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 14:17 Torquay Joining Rochdale in the poop, their chairman has resigned and called in administrator's so they will only be 4pts above drop zone in NLS. Without being a vulture I wonder whether either club has any players Dean fancies that we could pick up on frees on contracts until the end of the season?
I wouldn’t mind that winger who roasted us at Spotland earlier this season.
becbee

Sinclair looked brilliant against us, scored 2 first half goals and ran the half. Maybe most impressive performance from an opponent all season? However I've seen realised that I'm not sure how much was him and how much Ben Wynter, who was supposedly marking him, got subbed at half time and has barely featured since. And Sinclair has only 8 goals in his other 24 league appearances ( perfectly fine ratio but not on a par with 2 in 45 mins).

Not sure that any player who is a homeowner in Rochdale area would be keen financially on moving to outer North London / Home Counties area. But obviously a short term deal would be different.
thebeekeeper

Torquay striker Aaron Jarvis would be the obvious one for me - back from a few months out injured and is originally from Basingstoke, so may fancy a return to the South East.
jerroll

thebeekeeper wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 14:41 Torquay striker Aaron Jarvis would be the obvious one for me - back from a few months out injured and is originally from Basingstoke, so may fancy a return to the South East.
he was someone i instantly thought of, although he has been playing NLS this season he was highly competent in NL last season.
hoppy

An American investor wants to buy the Rochdale club.
There will be a vote on 7th March whether to change the share structure of the club so that 90% of the shares can be owned by one entity. If that vote goes in favour it looks like Rochdale will be saved.
jerroll

hoppy wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 10:32 An American investor wants to buy the Rochdale club.
There will be a vote on 7th March whether to change the share structure of the club so that 90% of the shares can be owned by one entity. If that vote goes in favour it looks like Rochdale will be saved.
or kicking the can down the road with a dodgy owner!
ETBee

And another American has just taken over WBA. Cheap status symbol (and tax dodge) for the US rich? Who was it mentioned that the country was selling the family silver, although in this case it's more like the family pewter?
hoppy

jerroll wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 11:03
hoppy wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 10:32 An American investor wants to buy the Rochdale club.
or kicking the can down the road with a dodgy owner!
Absolutely!
The problem is if no-one else steps in there will be no more Rochdale. I guess if it were Barnet in the same situation we would have to accept it, like it or not.
The American owners of Dagenham have kept the club going but the Daggers have hardly set the world alight.