Easy money….

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Easy money….

Finally some decent odds on a Bees win!
Yes, I know we are playing the runaway leaders who beat us 4 2 at their place. And, yes, I also know we have seven of our first team squad missing through injuries, but beggars can’t be choosers!

Bees win 12/5
Chesterfield win Evens
Draw11/4

Loyalty to the Bees has overtaken Common Sense. I will have a small wager on the Bees.

Good luck all.
hoppy

A long trip up to the north-east for our depleted squad this weekend and another opponent in fine form.

Hartlepool have earned 16 points from their last 8 NL games (that’s promotion form), Barnet meanwhile, despite still sitting in 3rd spot in the league, have only amassed 10 points from the last 8 games.

Punters are confident that Pool will win this match with the odds on the home win now at 6/4. Barnet are on the drift but also have odds of 6/4. I will wait until tomorrow in the hope that our odds are a trifle more generous.

Hartlepool win 6/4
Bees win 6/4
Draw 13/5

A tough one to call.
Good luck all.
hoppy

I hope some of you had a pick up from our win at Hartlepool on Saturday. I didn’t go but it seems we played ok and deserved the three points.

Tuesday’s fixture at home to Rochdale would appear to be an easier one and the bookies’odds reflect that.
This is our first home fixture against Rochdale for 11 years (a 0 0 draw at Underhill). They beat us 4 2 at their ground earlier in the season. We will want revenge!

Bees win 4/7
Rochdale win 4/1
Draw 16/5

Good luck all
hoppy

Two games from Wembley!
But a tricky away tie to deal with before we can start thinking of silverware.

Barnet and Bromley are joint favourites to lift the trophy (11/4) but one of us for sure will NOT be at Wembley in May.
As you might expect the match odds are close but the Bees are marginal favourites.

Bromley win 6/4
Bees win 7/5
Draw 5/2

Our recent form is a bit better than Bromley so I am fairly confident of a win. My only doubt is that if we don’t win in the 90 minutes we could lose out on penalties. I bet the Bromley players have been practising penalty kicks, I just hope we have. But let’s do it in the 90.

Good luck all.
BeesKnees99

Sorry to jump the gun, Hoppy, but 13/2 for an Eastleigh win tomorrow - given our defensive injuries & the strength of their strikeforce - seems crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoppy

BeesKnees99 wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 14:10 Sorry to jump the gun, Hoppy, but 13/2 for an Eastleigh win tomorrow - given our defensive injuries & the strength of their strikeforce - seems crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At those odds (with Bet365) anyone can be forgiven for a small punt on the away win.
hoppy

Anyone who went to Bromley will be astonished at the odds on offer for tonight’s game.

Barnet win 2/5
Eastleigh win 6/1 (the 13/2 has been snapped up).
Draw 17/4

Can we justify those odds tonight against a team with two of the league’s top forwards?
With so many injured/unfit players sadly I fear the worst tonight. I pray that I am wrong. For me the best-case scenario would be rain, rain and more rain and the match to be postponed and played again later when we have some of our quality players back.

I have had a small wager on the away win and will also do the draw. I really hope I am throwing my money down the drain with all the rain water.

Good luck all.
jerroll

hoppy wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:29 Anyone who went to Bromley will be astonished at the odds on offer for tonight’s game.

Barnet win 2/5
Draw 17/4

Can we justify those odds tonight against a team with two of the league’s top forwards?
With so many injured/unfit players sadly I fear the worst tonight. I pray that I am wrong. For me the best-case scenario would be rain, rain and more rain and the match to be postponed and played again later when we have some of our quality players back.

I have had a small wager on the away win and will also do the draw. I really hope I am throwing my money down the drain with all the rain water.

Good luck all.
And when could we reschedule if the game is off? can't play next Tuesday, won't want to play the following Tuesday due to closeness to good Friday game, we play Monday the following week then Tuesday the week after! that only leaves the final Tuesday of the season and Eastleigh are away at the Grosvenor Vale swimming pool
hoppy

jerroll wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:37
hoppy wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:29 Anyone who went to Bromley will be astonished at the odds on offer for tonight’s game.

Barnet win 2/5
Draw 17/4

Good luck all.
And when could we reschedule if the game is off? can't play next Tuesday, won't want to play the following Tuesday due to closeness to good Friday game, we play Monday the following week then Tuesday the week after! that only leaves the final Tuesday of the season and the league don't want games played in that midweek!
Blimey, I didn’t realise that. How the heck are Wealdstone going to fit all their games in? To add to their fixture problems there’s a strong possibility that their game tonight v Bromley may also be called off.
jerroll

hoppy wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:49
jerroll wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:37

Barnet win 2/5
Draw 17/4

Good luck all.
And when could we reschedule if the game is off? can't play next Tuesday, won't want to play the following Tuesday due to closeness to good Friday game, we play Monday the following week then Tuesday the week after! that only leaves the final Tuesday of the season and the league don't want games played in that midweek!
Blimey, I didn’t realise that. How the heck are Wealdstone going to fit all their games in? To add to their fixture problems there’s a strong possibility that their game tonight v Bromley may also be called off.
It enhances my point about this league having 2 teams too many based on the length of the season & the impact the FA Trophy has on fixtures. Either the league reduces by 2 teams or we finish the same week as the Football league giving 2 extra Saturdays and midweeks!
Tuesds

They’ve already got one Thursday game scheduled, giving them a Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat run. If tonight is off that’s going to require them to schedule another midweek double. With them being part time, I presume it’ll be matches only for the rest of the season, with very little/no chance to train between matches!
hoppy

Tuesds wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 10:35
They’ve already got one Thursday game scheduled, giving them a Sat-Tues-Thurs-Sat run. If tonight is off that’s going to require them to schedule another midweek double. With them being part time, I presume it’ll be matches only for the rest of the season, with very little/no chance to train between matches!
Wealdstone is off tonight.
Mikel Bee

hoppy wrote:
They've got next Tuesday available to try again otherwise another Thursday game beckons. Must be increasingly favourites for relegation.
jerroll

Mikel Bee wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 11:24
hoppy wrote:
They've got next Tuesday available to try again otherwise another Thursday game beckons. Must be increasingly favourites for relegation.
Games aren't allowed next Tuesday due to Mr Fairclough's Shindig vs Wales! could possibly play weds as Halifax v Chesterfield are.
hoppy

Barnet win 2/5
Draw 17/4

Good luck all.
Several bookies going 15/2 on the Eastleigh win.
Really???