Easy money….

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Easy money….

Throughout this week I have been keeping a close eye on the betting odds for our match at Chesterfield.
Early doors Chesterfield were massive odds on favourites whilst you could get 9/2 on a Bees win. Not any more!
Each day saw money being piled on for a Bees win. Check out these odds now….

Chesterfield win Evens
Bees win 14/5
Draw 29/10

I must admit I am somewhat surprised at (a) the lack of confidence in the Home win and (b) the strength of feeling in the betting world that the Bees might actually pull this off.
Yes, hands up, I am the World Champion in Pessimism, particularly where Barnet are concerned but, having watched Chesterfield’s game against Pompey I do feel justified in being sceptical of us coming home with all three points.
But what do I know? Absolutely nothing!!

Let’s have it!!!

Good luck all.
hoppy

My pessimism last week turned out to be justified, although at half-time I did feel tempted to have a punt on the Bees win. Fortunately I was strong enough to resist doing that. What a Jekyll and Hyde performance! Chesterfield will surely win the NL this season so we must aim to finish in the top three. We can do that but must beat other clubs which are also aiming to do that. Clubs like Gateshead!

Bees win Evens
Gateshead 14/5
Draw 14/5

I think the week off will have done our squad the world of good. A game back at Fortress Hive after long away trips to Ashton and Chesterfield, so I will happily take the Evens on the home win.

Good luck all.
hoppy

After Saturday my piggy bank needs topping up.
Two consecutive defeats and, to be truthful, some iffy performances in other recent matches have contributed to an even greater degree of pessimism from yours truly.

The bookies seem to think its Chesterfield’s title already. These are the latest prices (top 5) for winning the NL title….

Chesterfield 1/6
Bees 15/2
Gateshead 33/1
Bromley 100/1
Altrincham 150/1

As for our televised fixture on Wednesday, we are odds on to win the game but my mind goes back to last season’s home fixture against Oldham, a 1 3 defeat, and I can understand why punters might well go for the away win.

Bees win 9/10
Oldham win 16/5
Draw 14/5

I’m nervous.
Will I sleep well tonight?
More importantly, will I sleep well tomorrow night?

Good luck all.
BeesKnees99

hoppy wrote:After Saturday my piggy bank needs topping up.
Two consecutive defeats and, to be truthful, some iffy performances in other recent matches have contributed to an even greater degree of pessimism from yours truly.

The bookies seem to think its Chesterfield’s title already. These are the latest prices (top 5) for winning the NL title….

Chesterfield 1/6
Bees 15/2
Gateshead 33/1
Bromley 100/1
Altrincham 150/1

As for our televised fixture on Wednesday, we are odds on to win the game but my mind goes back to last season’s home fixture against Oldham, a 1 3 defeat, and I can understand why punters might well go for the away win.

Bees win 9/10
Oldham win 16/5
Draw 14/5

I’m nervous.
Will I sleep well tonight?
More importantly, will I sleep well tomorrow night?

Good luck all.
Easiest 50 quid I’ve ever made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoppy

Betting is about making money. Sentiment should not come into it. I usually bet on a Bees win and, so far this season, this has paid off. It is harder to get a “value” bet as more often than not the Bees are now odds on.
Like BeesKnees99 I had a bet on Oldham on Wednesday. Did I feel guilty? Well, yes, a little bit but the payout did soften the guilt a little bit.

So, what about the little matter of Wealdstone? They will be so up for it. We are the enemy in their eyes. After our three consecutive defeats they will be rubbing their hands in anticipation.
To state the obvious this game could go one of three ways. To bet on a Barnet away win I would want value. Odds on is not value.

Bees win 20/21
Wealdstone win 5/2
Draw 11/4

I intend to delay my bet until HT as those odds will have changed by then. If we can get to HT all square the odds on a Bees win will be a bit more acceptable. We are very capable of finishing well (Oldham excepted) so my advice would be “don't leave early”.

Good luck all.
hoppy

For those who ignored my advice last week and did leave early, well done! That 98th minute winner from Wealdstone was painful. It was coming and it was no surprise to me. When you are going through a bad patch that’s what happens.
So, will we come out of the bad patch and beat Newport?
Well, Newport are the favourites but have been drifting in the betting markets all week. There’s not much in it!

Newport win 6/4
Bees win 7/4
Draw 11/4

Given our four consecutive defeats and Newport’s two wins (one against high-flyers Stockport County) I don't get why we are so close in the betting, but hey ho.
Neither club will want the draw and a resultant replay in mid-December so I am expecting an open game. Again I would say “don’t leave early”……there could well be late goals.

Good luck all.
PBBee

So our odds are shortening - crazy!
john dockers shorts

I've plumped for a 4-1 defeat at least I will have some money in my pocket at 5pm
hoppy

What a performance from our squad at Newport on Saturday. We deserved more than a draw, but now have to do it all again on Tuesday. Before then, however, we have the little matter of an FA Trophy match against Maidstone United.

Given where we are in the NL and also the fact we are two home games away from the FA Cup 4th round I would completely forgive Mr Brennan should he opt for a squad eleven to face the Stones. In fact I am expecting it. Notwithstanding the fact that we are joint-favourites to win the FAT (8/1 with Chesterfield) I am expecting us to go out of the Trophy at this early stage.

The bookies have us as hot favourites but it is worth a little sly bet on Maidstone. The draw odds are also worth considering. For the record Maidstone have won 6 out of their last 7 games, the only defeat was away to St Albans (3 2).

Bees win 4/7
Stones win 9/2
Draw 17/5

Good luck in your choice of bet.
hoppy

Well, the bookies got Saturday’s match right (I didn’t).
I have been watching the odds on Tuesday’s replay with Newport County and each day they have been strengthening on a Bees win. Newport are very much on the drift.
This may not surprise those Bees fans who went to Newport and/or the Maidstone game. We controlled them both.

Newport had their chances but were fairly ineffective up front. They seemed content to let us run the show and paid the price. They now have an M4/ M25 day trip to contend with. Best of luck with that!

I know the game is on TV but I would urge all Bees fans to try to get to The Hive on Tuesday. Collectively we can be the 12th man. We can help the players get us over the line.

Bees win 11/10 (several bookies going odds on so it might be worth doing an early punt).
Newport win 12/5
Draw 14/5

We can do this!!!

Good luck all.
PBBee

hoppy wrote:Well, the bookies got Saturday’s match right (I didn’t).
I have been watching the odds on Tuesday’s replay with Newport County and each day they have been strengthening on a Bees win. Newport are very much on the drift.
This may not surprise those Bees fans who went to Newport and/or the Maidstone game. We controlled them both.

Newport had their chances but were fairly ineffective up front. They seemed content to let us run the show and paid the price. They now have an M4/ M25 day trip to contend with. Best of luck with that!

I know the game is on TV but I would urge all Bees fans to try to get to The Hive on Tuesday. Collectively we can be the 12th man. We can help the players get us over the line.

Bees win 11/10 (several bookies going odds on so it might be worth doing an early punt).
Newport win 12/5
Draw 14/5

We can do this!!!

Good luck all.
They seem a bit stingy those odds! Thought it would be fairly even
hoppy

Not only did Mr Brennan and the boys get it wrong on Tuesday, the bookies did too.If you were able to soften the blow with a few extra bob in the back pocket well done you. I did come out marginally on top by being able to cover all eventualities.

We are big favourites to beat Ebbsfleet so let’s hope we can pull this off and start a winning run.

Ebbsfleet win 29/10
Bees win 4/5
Draw 3/1

Good luck all.
hoppy

All week Barnet’s odds have been drifting and Wood’s odds have been strengthening. We are still odds-on but only just.
Given the fact that our recent league form is dire I think punters would want much better odds than what is being offered.
Anything but a win on Saturday and Barnet will be 24th (that’s Rock Bottom) in the NL Form Table.

Bees win 10/11
Wood win 14/5
Draw 14/5

Good luck all, and regardless of Saturday’s result, a Very Happy Xmas to all Bees fans.
hoppy

Apologies for not giving you the betting info prior to the game at Southend, I am now another year older so the occasional lapse of memory is to be expected now. My sympathies to anyone else who has a Xmas birthday, there cannot be a worse day.
Anyway, enough of that. Let’s try and make it a miserable day for those bookmakers.

Much like the Boreham Wood game our odds have been drifting over the past few days and our opponents’ odds have been strengthening. We were strong odds on, not now though, as a couple of bookies have us at Evens. I am anticipating this trend to continue so I will delay putting my hard-earned coppers on a Bees win until the day of the match.

For those of you considering a punt on the Shrimpers I would get in quick. You can get 13/5 now but those odds may not last, particularly if they sign one or two new players before the game.

Bees win Evens
Southend win 13/5
Draw 13/5

Good luck all.
hoppy

I think the bookies have got the odds just about right for our away game at Altrincham .
After our three consecutive wins over Xmas we have moved up to 5th in the form table whereas Altrincham picked up just two points from their Xmas games.
I would never under-estimate Alty, they are in the play off zone for a reason, but I am fairly confident of coming out on top.
Incidentally our record at Alty in recent years is quite good, three wins and a draw on our last four visits.

Altrincham win 15/8
Bees win 11/8
Draw 5/2

I do not foresee a glut of goals but 4/1 on Kabamba as the first goal scorer is also tempting me.

Good luck all.