Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2021/june ... ead-coach/

Kewell is our new manager, and Dean Brennan Head of Football.
Didn't expect both of them through the door at the same time, but there you go!
Welcome on board guys, and good luck!
Now let's get some decent players through the door....
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
PurleyBee

Re: Harry Kewell AND Dean Brennan

I assume we'll be signing a mixture of former Wealdstone, Oldham and Crawley players then. Anyone know who Kewells go to players were? Certainly an interesting appointment, got Brennan as back up should Kewell not do well.
Patel89

The most exciting part of this was the comment

'and the pair will work together to put together a squad who will challenge at the top end of the league table'

Let's see what unfolds a new era begins
northantsbee

Almost as soon as I typed I'd rather have Campbell than Kewell on another thread, he gets appointed.

Interesting appointments and I wish the pair of them success.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
WillesdenBee

Quite like this. Apparently Kewell plays very attacking football, and if Brennan can spot some gems, we could be onto something. Need to get a squad sorted in the next 3 weeks to have any chance of a 'top end challenge'
Norfolkbee

Interesting arrangement. Let's see how things pan out, starting with pre-season recruitment.
jerroll

Good news we have acted swiftly , both men have been mentioned as possibilities for a while so should be aware of what's needed. wishing them every success at the club.
DSM

I’m good with this. Hope we can keep Dave Anderson as his experience will be invaluable. Let’s now see what players we bring in!
#Beebot

Brennan has a very good knowledge of local non-league. I expect a raft of signings from steps 2 and 3. He will have no trouble making signings.

As for Kewell, while his record is not great on paper, he did fairly well at Crawley, and Notts and Oldham were both basket cases when he was there so I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

This could work out, I just hope the relationship between Brennan and Kewell is good.
hoofer2

Norfolkbee wrote:Interesting arrangement. Let's see how things pan out, starting with pre-season recruitment.
Most important thing for me is that we can already start assembling squad for next season rather than fannying around.

A Sol Campbell / Brennan combo would have been interesting and think given leadership Campbell showed on pitch, and some of the tactically astute managers he played under deserves a chance to manage somewhere
wearebees

Fair play to the chairman for sticking with his original thoughts for the whole set-up, and making appointments so quickly. He's not going cheap, either. I was a bit confused at first as on paper they are both managers, but only Brennan will know if DOF is what he wants...At least when one leaves, we have another manager waiting! The article implies we will appoint another "first team" coach, I assume to help Harry?
John Hunt

Bizarre but welcome to them both. I hope they have met beforehand and are able to have a solid working relationship with clearly defined roles and both on the same page.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
adher36

A concern is that Brennan will get itchy feet and want to be a head coach again quickly so will jump if an opportunity arises to take up a number one position.

On the other hand, what a big risk this is for Harry. He surely must know that if he doesn't succeed in this role, his career as a head coach in England will be over as no-one else will touch him. Think we can presume he will be incredibly desperate to make a success of this club.

He will have applied for every Football League vacancy since he left Oldham, so at least we know the hunger will be there to do a good job.
MCB

Genuine clean slate, and a commitment to the plan, and I am feeling vaguely optimistic.

However, can I just emphasise that under no circumstances is it acceptable to sing "Harry, Harry Kewell" to Boney M's "Daddy Cool".
Monsieur Abeille

Wish them both well and fingers crossed. My only reservation is the splitting of the transfer market and playing roles, it could lead to players bought and not wanted, as well as areas where the manager may feel he lacks good cover.