Jamal Lowe profile

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
bucks bee

Jamal Lowe profile

Nice profile on the BBC Sport website of Jamal Lowe, who started his career at Barnet (where Edgar Davids told him he was not good enough to play for us) and is now on the verge of becoming a Premier League player:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57269707
hoppy

Re: Jamal Lowe profile

The credit for Jamal Lowe's success goes almost entirely to Lowe himself.
When Davids told him he was not good enough for Barnet, at that time he probably wasn't.
It just goes to show that with faith, self-belief and hard work anything can be achieved.
Jamal Lowe can held up as a role model to other young footballers.
John Hunt

It was nice to see him playing at Wembley today. Full credit to his attitude after his setback with us.

So Brentford won. Good luck to them. Despite the Watkins incident I always found them a very friendly club and a nice place to watch football. They were good opponents early on with the supporters team. I hope i get to visit their new stadium next year though i am sure tickets will be hard to come by.

They now have Chelsea as their local derby. Not so many years ago it would have been us.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

hoppy wrote:The credit for Jamal Lowe's success goes almost entirely to Lowe himself.
When Davids told him he was not good enough for Barnet, at that time he probably wasn't.
It just goes to show that with faith, self-belief and hard work anything can be achieved.
Jamal Lowe can held up as a role model to other young footballers.
Completely right.

After he left us he didn't have instant success, it took him a couple of years. Then he had the good fortune that Portsmouth took a punt on him. He clearly took that opportunity with both hands, good for him.
He's still young enough to reach the Prem.