Bury FC

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
lemming3k

Re: Bury FC

becbee wrote:So very sad that the inevitable has actually happened. I read the thread on BBC Sport and the comments from Henry Newman and Rory Campbell about the state of the finances, etc which were just too complicated to unravel. Then the disgusting comments from the obnoxious Steve Dale. How he and the previous owner can sleep at night is beyond me.
They sleep at night because it's a business to them, not a community asset. Dale paid a quid and hoped to make a profit with a promoted club, a few weeks ago he turned down an offer to save Bury because he thought he could get a better one.
He was never concerned or interested in the club, and at the end of it all he's lost a quid and will likely move on to another 'opportunity' elsewhere.

It's a reminder for our fans that we should be more thankful for what we have. Yes it's not in the borough; but we have a stadium, a top class training centre, and sources of revenue that keep us afloat despite low crowds.
TK doesn't get everything right, the club has become more out of touch with the fan base in recent years and attendances reflect that, but at the end of the day he isn't Flashman or Dale and has a genuine concern for the club and how it's managed.

We should have more hope, and it's an utter disgrace that a historic club like Bury do not have the same. The money is in the sport, it just doesn't reach this far down the pyramid where it's needed the most.
ETBee

Does Dale own the Bury ground? If so he's done well for a quid.

On the Today programme I thought the EFL representative was pathetic when asked how Dale was considered a fit and proper person to own the club. She effectively said that as he had already bought the club they could do nothing about it.
StephenM

lemming3k wrote:We should have more hope, and it's an utter disgrace that a historic club like Bury do not have the same. The money is in the sport, it just doesn't reach this far down the pyramid where it's needed the most.
There is this argument that more should be funnelled down the leagues, but at the same time, why do 90% of clubs manage to function within their means? My belief is that poor ownership is a far greater influence than the Premier League being rich.
Bee_Forever

hendon4bee wrote:I think it is unfair to compare the plight of Bury and Bolton to that of our own supporters bemoaning a lack of a number 9 or fixture rescheduling.

They do not have a bearing on each other. Our supporters have been wronged in an unnecessary way over the postponements. Full stop. Those who booked are entitled to be aggrieved.

I am upset by the demise of Bury who were good supporters team opponents back in the day. I have a very good friend in their old supporters team manager. I was proud of the Barnet connection in trying to save them and gutted it was a doomed attempt.
Agree john.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
MCB

StephenM wrote: There is this argument that more should be funnelled down the leagues, but at the same time, why do 90% of clubs manage to function within their means? My belief is that poor ownership is a far greater influence than the Premier League being rich.
Sadly it's not 90% - it's only 1 in 3 clubs in the top four divisions. The last time a comprehensive review was done (due to accountancy periods) we were one of the 2/3rds requiring investment. Although to be honest out £10,000 loss was peanuts and probably very sensible (for tax reasons!).
Golf Delta

It maybe more complicated than this, but if Bury needed £2.7m to survive, why do clubs like Utd and City with their billions and billions, seemingly stand by and do nothing and watch their neighbours die?
Last edited by Golf Delta on 28 Aug 2019, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
#Beebot

Golf Delta wrote:It mabe more complicated than this, but if Bury needed £2.7m to survive, why do clubs like Utd and City with their billions and billions, seemingly stand by and do nothing and watch their neighbours die?
They can't be expected to bail out a club who spent way beyond their means for years and where potential criminal activity has taken place.
hoofer2

StephenM wrote:
lemming3k wrote:We should have more hope, and it's an utter disgrace that a historic club like Bury do not have the same. The money is in the sport, it just doesn't reach this far down the pyramid where it's needed the most.
There is this argument that more should be funnelled down the leagues, but at the same time, why do 90% of clubs manage to function within their means? My belief is that poor ownership is a far greater influence than the Premier League being rich.
Agreed. Spending money you don't have is not rocket science. Compulsory salary caps have to be implemented and regulated.
MCB

#Beebot wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:It mabe more complicated than this, but if Bury needed £2.7m to survive, why do clubs like Utd and City with their billions and billions, seemingly stand by and do nothing and watch their neighbours die?
They can't be expected to bail out a club who spent way beyond their means for years and where potential criminal activity has taken place.
Salford lose £3 million a year according to Gary Neville. They are doing the former for sure.
alexbach

Comparing this to our meltdown.. When players are sold.....will Bury get money.....cos we did not

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
becbee

The players are now free agents so Bury won't be getting money for them.
Norfolkbee

Bolton have been saved after the takeover was agreed this afternoon.
jerroll

becbee wrote:The players are now free agents so Bury won't be getting money for them.
Not yet as the club hasn't been liquidated although i'm sure they will be free to find other clubs as Bury have breached their contracts!
The players under 24 could be subject to development fees payable to the administrators/liquidators to help pay off creditors.
alexbach

letchbee94 wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Bury have been officially expelled from the EFL. Very sad news indeed.
Gigg lane always welcoming in my experience.Perhaps bringing a perspective to the constant whinging on a fixture change.And maybe time in the national league from 2020 beneficial Image

Maybe but easy say when it not your money that was spent.
Also we not whinging we just writing our thoughts about it, IF this is not allowed then there is no point in having this message board.
Yes I spent money,how are you familiar with my account Image thank you for the explanation regarding the shakers financial situation

alexbach

letchbee94 wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Bury have been officially expelled from the EFL. Very sad news indeed.
Gigg lane always welcoming in my experience.Perhaps bringing a perspective to the constant whinging on a fixture change.And maybe time in the national league from 2020 beneficial Image

Maybe but easy say when it not your money that was spent.
Also we not whinging we just writing our thoughts about it, IF this is not allowed then there is no point in having this message board.
Yes I spent money,how are you familiar with my account Image thank you for the explanation regarding the shakers financial situation